Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Again I'll be saying RE2. What RE2 did to RE1/Director's Cut was to add polish, fix lots of things, spruced up the graphics, made the game WAY bigger, have even more multiple endings, better everything really. Having said that RE1 and RE3 definitely have their unique points and are still rated just as highly for me as RE2 is. RE1 had that charm and the true original jumpy factor, RE3 made you paranoid about wondering when that git was going to blast through a wall or a door with you screaming, and RE2 had the tension. All brilliant games and after Code Veronica they just kind of went downhill for me.

Veteran
    My favorite has always been resident evil 2. Basically grew up playing that game.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    RESIDENT EVIL 1, the best of the bunch
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    My favorite has always been resident evil 2. Basically grew up playing that game.
    I couldn't even read your post dude...That font format is $#@!ing AWFUL! lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I say would 2 and 3.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

man ill never forget..when i was a kid i used to watch my pop play RE1. i was too scared, and just wasnt good at video games at the time. me n my sis n sometimes my cousin would get snacks n just hangout and watch him play. we would get scared..and laugh..and it was so much fun. same thing for re2, and re3. eventually i got more into games and they were outdated. i have recently got back into old school gaming. i still have our original RE1 game (never sold it), and im about half way through it. playing it for the first time almost 20 years later! and loving it.

i have to say nothing beats the limited ammo in RE1. it was TRUE survival horror. not just blasting your way through the game. you have to run FROM the enemy sometimes

Master Guru
    The original Resident Evil for sure but RE2 was amazing as well.

The original has a special place in my heart because it was the first PS game i ever owned and probably the first truly mature game i ever played. What a special time that was.

PSN ID
    lovelyfairy27
    Allow me to partake in this Jill Sandwich.

I absolutely love and adore Resident Evil, and the classics have a special place in my heart. Admittedly, I did like playing number 2 the best, but the first one is still crazy amounts of amazing, and Nemesis was fun. Just something about Claire and Leon made me really like it. (I really wish they would start Claire's story line up again already!!)

And while it might not be a "classic" RE game, I absolutely love Code Veronica. The hilariously cheesy villain Alfred just made the game for me. His laugh...oh god. I love it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Resident Evil 2 for me, i thought the balance of backtracking and tension was slightly better than the original, although the original is def the creepiest thanks to the mansion and colours. Resident Evil 3 had amazing locations and angles, imo the game that perfected the isometric perspective in the old series, but also imo the game that first introduced the heavy dominance of action due to it giving you strong weapons early(ie later weapons from the old games early) but it was still a fantastic game. Having Nemesis after you was creepy as hell aswell since you thought u were safe by entering a door to another load screen.

From the 3rd person games i guess 4 is my favourite, but i dont like replaying the older RE games as much as i do the newer ones though due to the amount of backtracking and somewhat slow gameplay by todays standards. They were amazing at their time though and i wish more games with the isometric view was made. I would especially love some new Commandos games

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    It was definitely 2 for me. I loved how they had the dual campaigns. That game was amazing!

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

When I first bought PS1, I had 3 games, one of them was Resident Evil 1. I had no memory card.
    Every day, at like 8 am, a friend of mine came over and we played the game till school. Every day, from the beginning. It took us over a month to finally finish it.
    Even now, zillion years later, I know every room, every puzzle and location of every item.
    Recently I played a remake on Dolphin emulator, it was a walk in the park
    The second one and nemesis are also pure gems. 4 and 5 are playable, I don't like the new ones though, they're terrible.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Played Resi 2 on my vita around a month ago. The controls are downright horrible and the graphics are dated but by god it's still a kickass game!
    PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Resident Evil 2 was a perfect game, but the engine was awful ;/

Thread Information