Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim

Robert Bowling Forms New Game Studio Titled Robotoki

Isn’t a robotoki when a bunch of guys stand around a robot’s face and..? Nevermind. Robert Bowling, who resigned from his position as Call of Duty’s creative strategist last month, has created his own game development studio. The company, named Robotoki, is a game studio hellbent on making sure the developers receive the proper respect they deserve. Publishers often force their developers to work an insane amount of hours in order to get a game out before a certain deadline, in addition to infringing on the developers’ creative rights. Robotoki wants to end this trend, by focusing on the game developers and the game they are creating. Thus, Robotoki will only collaborate with partners that work with this philosophy in mind.“Robotoki is focused on being a developer development studio that just happens to make games,” Bowling said while announcing the game studio. “We are focused on our team first and everything else second, because I believe as an industry; we have a lot to learn on how to treat talent. While we continue to out stride film and music entertainment in other areas, we are falling severely behind in how to properly inspire and support our creative talent. I wanted to create an environment where the creative vision holders held complete control over their work and could guide and maintain it from concept to execution."“As a developer, our focus is on creating a universe first, experiences second, and game mechanics last. With focus being on universe, we aim to create experiences that transcend platforms and genres and allow our players to connect to our world, their characters, and gameplay via any medium (console, PC, or mobile). However, how they experience the world is unique to their device. The mobile / tablet experience should not mimic the console or PC experience, it should be additive to it, not supplemental. Allowing them to support their console and PC experience, continue their progression, but by experiencing the world in a meaningful and unique way."As a self-funded company, Robotoki is already working on their first game, which will be available for next-generation consoles, PC, and most mobile devices. The studio is set to announce this project later in the year. When discussing the development studio’s philosophy on gameplay, Bowling said, “Our focus is creating an experience that is no longer strictly single player, strictly co-op, or strictly multiplayer, but adapting the strengths of each of these into a unique experience that is fueled by the actions and contributions in each.” If you want to work somewhere that will treat you real good, Robotoki is currently hiring. Be sure to hit up their website at http://www.robotoki.com/. http://www.planetxbox360.com/article...itled_Robotoki

Elite Sage

Good luck to him, he seems like a nice guy.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Wish him the best of luck with his new company, seems to have the right work ethic.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Elite Guru
    I reckon he's a bit of a plum. Hope he falls on his arse.

Soldier 95B
    Great guy, loved his social connection and his games. I am looking forward to playing what he releases. Best of luck to him.

Thread Information