Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Worldwide PS Vita Sales Figures Released

Worldwide sales figures for the PlayStation Vita have emerged, with Sony claiming 1.8 million units shifted since release up until the end of March 2012.
    In an earnings call this morning, Kaz Hirai said that the figure was “a good start”.
    “A game platform, like Vita – the software is the key to success, how good the software is,” said Hirai. “We have to reinforce the software area in order to improve the business, that is the basic line.”
    “We still have a very high motivation to develop this further. There is no change. And services and software must be strengthened.
    Sony had already confirmed that 1.2 million units had shifted at the end of February, which means that just over half a million were sold in the last month.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/05/...ures-released/

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not as bad as I thought it would be. At least its well over a million now

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Not as bad as I thought it would be. At least its well over a million now
    Personally only 500k shipped WW since the last numbers were released cannot make Sony happy.

Like he said though, get the software for this amazing little kit and sales will come.

Right now it is just stagnant.

I mean seriously, the 3DS sells 100,000 a week in Japan alone. Yes, smaller price tag, but 1/5 of the Vita's WW total in one country? That is proof that price and software are not at the sweet spots yet for Vita.
    LMAO

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    I actually thought sales would be worse as well. Sales will pick up.
    Hopefully. Lol
    You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Personally only 500k shipped WW since the last numbers were released cannot make Sony happy.

Like he said though, get the software for this amazing little kit and sales will come.

Right now it is just stagnant.

I mean seriously, the 3DS sells 100,000 a week in Japan alone. Yes, smaller price tag, but 1/5 of the Vita's WW total in one country? That is proof that price and software are not at the sweet spots yet for Vita.
    You're right, the 3DS has Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem + a year ahead in terms of getting its name out there, so naturally the sales are going to be stronger. At first it wasn't doing the best either, then the games came.

I'm sure it will be the same story for the Vita

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    You're right, the 3DS has Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem + a year ahead in terms of getting its name out there, so naturally the sales are going to be stronger. At first it wasn't doing the best either, then the games came.

I'm sure it will be the same story for the Vita

Vita needs software. The hardware is awesome (still planning to get one).. but gotta wait for a price drop
    LMAO

Elite Sage
    Items Metal Gear Solid
    I agree, it is an AMAZING piece of Hardware, and the software is keeping me happy personally. Once Resistance and Gravity Rush come out... !!
    You cannot mess with the greatness that is Lupe Fiasco
    PSN ID - WrathofAres
    Send me a friend request
    Now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm definitely getting Resistance. But I also need to get Starhawk. Ugh my wallet cant take this.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    1.2 million? This article says 1.8 million. Weird. http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/201...t-1-8-million/

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    And they are making $100 off each system sold. Sony have planned this very well, if they can release a ton of software and keep that price, this'll be the most profitable system they've ever released.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    If Sony show me some really good games I will reward them with my custom! My Vita is ready!
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Vita needs software. The hardware is awesome (still planning to get one).. but gotta wait for a price drop
    Then you are going to be waiting for a long time, probably at least 2 years.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Don't think we'll be waiting that long, unless they get a LOT of software. There's plenty of room for a price cut right now, but I think we'll be seeing one this fall at gamescom with new colours.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Friendship is Carrots
    Yes, but it also needs a price drop.I was on edge when I considered purchasing it for 250$, but I forgoe it completely when I learned I had to pay additional for a memory unit.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    70m+ isn't great? Thats better than every console up until the PS1.
    Ok, so Aaron... I need some explanation here. I was talking about Sony portables, and specifically the original comment was about the Vita. How in the world did you get 70 mill units? PS3.... maybe....

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    You talked about Sony handhelds which also includes the PSP which is sitting at 70m+ (or is it 80m+?), either way that's not a bad figure. I must've missed that you were talking about Vita specifically though.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Well, I did originally mention Sony portables in general which would then include PSP. It has sold much more than I thought, BUT it also released before the PS3 (and PS3 is not far behind, strictly speaking). Also as I mentioned comparing it to nintendo which has sold more than double. That goes for Vita against 3DS as well.

Sales for PSP is roughly 64 mill, with the Vita sales... say 2 mill+ it's still under 70 mill total.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    I do agree that Sony could cut the price, even if just by $50, but I honestly think it needs some games to sell the thing. The 3DS is killing it because it has the software to back it up, the lower price doesn't hurt either.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Yes, but it also needs a price drop.I was on edge when I considered purchasing it for 250$, but I forgoe it completely when I learned I had to pay additional for a memory unit.
    That is why you gotta shop smart.
    I got the 3G one and it came with 8GB memory stick, a case that can be used as a stand, and Modnation Racers for $300(and if I lived in the US, I would get the Super Stardust Delta for free through AT&T). This was during a Gamestop deal in April.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    That's higher than I thought, so glad I bought mine it's an awesome piece of kit

21. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    That's higher than I thought, so glad I bought mine it's an awesome piece of kit
    This.^

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    3DS has lots of technical problems including people shutting the (false) 3D off because they see a blur or it hurts their eyes but they still sell lots of them, Nintendo can be proclaimed genius of merchandising by exploiting the lack of background information on console gaming and technology of the casuals ... sadly ethically it's just plain disgusting

Thread Information