Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The Bible Belt... nuff said.

In thirty years or so... this will be no different from when they tried to outlaw inter-racial marriage. If I remember right... at one point over half the states had passed laws on that too...

Slow process... but at least we are moving in the right direction.
    ie if you look at polls the nation has moved from about 75% opposed to marriage equality... to about 50/50... and if you look at younger folks, they pretty much support it, period.

Just have to decide which side of history you want to be on...

=====================
    edit

yall should see hats going on here in Colorado.
    A civil union bill with bipartian support was shot down by one (or several) GOP reps along with about 30 other bills.
    The governor is calling a special session to haul cowards back to vote.
    Last edited by DayWalker; 05-12-2012 at 16:11.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I respect your religion but no where in the Bible does it talk about marriage or being gay. Now they may have changed it as the Bible has been changed way way to many times. But the one I read which has been in my family for generations never mentioned anything about those two. Churches condeem it yes and they have a def for marriage.
    Regardless if it's in the bible or not, those in certain churches have always had this strong belief of marriage being exclusive to a man and a woman. Trying to question and or change their mind about gay marriage is futile.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Regardless if it's in the bible or not, those in certain churches have always had this strong belief of marriage being exclusive to a man and a woman. Trying to question and or change their mind about gay marriage is futile.
    More chance of resisting the Borg.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    Foundations of marriage. What like on the pre Christian Greek and Roman empire ? Christianity didn't invent marriage and should have no say over its application.
    I know that. The foundations of marriage was not created by the church. It is a national doctrine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklops View Post
    America's mistake nowadays is that most right-wing, anti-gay, theists believe that both the Church and the government is one entity, rather than two. The Church and state are two completely different parties, that I feel, shouldn't have any say in the working manners of each other.
    This has literally nothing to do with anything going on in this thread.

The people voted this amendment into place. Its the people that did it, not the church.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Elite Member
    I can wholeheartedly respect a rejection of gay marriage. But to then take that belief and use it to tell OTHER people how to live their lives that's not something I can condone.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

6. Likes DayWalker likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Who says that they do? Its the people who believe in the religion that were those 60% that voted to get the amendment made.

And why would I need a better reason then religion, my whole life is based around my beliefs that I stand by. Its my opinion, and I don't need a better reason for it.
    They do. Here in the UK for example, parts of the Christian faith have now apparently broken the law by potentially discriminating against $#@!sexuals in schools in relation to pushing the anti-gay marriage agenda and also attempting to persuade pupils to sign a petition that was intended to be used as a political document to deny gay people the right to marry.

Similarly, trying to outlaw abortion or at the very least; putting abhorrent processes in place to punish a woman (i.e. $#@!l ultrasound) alongside spreading false rhetoric claiming abortion leads to cancer etc as well as not supporting the use of condoms particularly in places where they'd be of benefit (i.e. reduce risk of aids etc) is clearly trying to use various means (in some cases illegal, others immoral) to determine how society lives it's life - in accordance to the supposed christian belief. Though we're not all christian.

On a personal level, of course you don't need a better reason to be against gay marriage - I should have worded that better. However, in my view religion as a whole needs a better reason to oppose it / push that opposition onto everyone other than 'I don't like what they're doing'. Currently, there's no good reason that I can think of that says gay people being allowed to marry would be bad for society.

Finally You Are Free
    Because its wrong. Thats why. Its goes against both my religion, and the foundations of marriage.
    No, it doesn't.

The people voted this amendment into place. Its the people that did it, not the church.
    The people who voted this into place are selfish bigots. They're suppressing a minority, and that's wrong. There's also the whole separation of church and state thing, which is a founding part of our nation.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I can wholeheartedly respect a rejection of gay marriage. But to then take that belief and use it to tell OTHER people how to live their lives … that's not something I can condone.
    Exactly this, though I only respect someone's right to think what they want. I can never get behind intolerance.

9. Likes DayWalker likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    No, it doesn't.

The people who voted this into place are selfish bigots. They're suppressing a minority, and that's wrong. There's also the whole separation of church and state thing, which is a founding part of our nation.

Exactly this, though I only respect someone's right to think what they want. I can never get behind intolerance.
    Okay. So its wrong for a group of people to vote and use their numbers to get something done that they want, which happens to get rid of gay marriage?

But it is okay if a law was put into place that allowed gay marriage that went against the very religion or standards that the other people live by?

How come its only bad if one group of people are looked down upon? If the vote went the other way, would their be sympathy for the people that didn't support gay marriage?

If you guys don't like how laws, and amendments are passed in this country, then GTFO. Cause thats how it has always been, and will always be, unless Obama $#@!s that up too. But thats an entirely different topic, so ignore it.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to decide what they want BUT they shouldn't be allowed to use that power to the detriment of others.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    If two people who love each other, regardless of gender, are in love, then they should be allowed to marry. End of story. The whole sanctuary of marriage $#@! pisses me off. I heard this somewhere and I think it's pretty poignant "The majority should not decide laws which affect only the minority" and I think that's right. The only people who this affects is gay people who want to get married.

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    I know that. The foundations of marriage was not created by the church. It is a national doctrine.
    One that never initially discriminated against gay marriage. Nero married two men. So to claim that gay marriage goes against the foundation of marriage is ludicrous. It goes against a relatively modern Christian (religious) understanding of marriage.

"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Guys I watched this yesterday and I think you should too

Now as you may or may not know, I'm a Muslim and in Islam $#@!sexuality is one of THE WORST SINS. However that does not mean that $#@!sexuals suddenly should lose their rights as human beings and as citizens of a state and should start to be treated differently. Forcing your opinion on others lives is just...wrong
    Last edited by Itachi; 05-12-2012 at 20:59.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I'd say let the gays suffer just like "we" do

Tapatalkin'

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    I'd say let the gays suffer just like "we" do

Tapatalkin'
    What do you mean by that?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Marriage as we know it in the west has always been very much a Christian tradition and institution. Many people get married in churches and vow to be one from now until death. Marriage itself, Biblically speaking, is a symbol of the marriage between Christ and the church, women often being used metaphorically to represent God's church. The union of two men or two women perverts marriage and it's true significance it holds in the gospel. Why should Christianity have one of it's most prized traditions perverted like that, a tradition established by God, who made it crystal clear that $#@!sexuality is unnatural and an abomination in His eyes.

Gays can go to a registry office and sign up for some "civil union" status or whatever. And no im not $#@!phobic, my brother is gay and I couldn't care less. What people choose to do behind closed doors is their business and affects me 0%, but to think they should be able to take part in a religious institution that is against the lifestyle they live is crazy imho.

18. Likes Itachi likes this post
    The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    he means gays should be allowed to be miserable and married like straight people.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    he means gays should be allowed to be miserable and married like straight people.
    Ah, I get you, and I agree.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Marriage as we know it in the west has always been very much a Christian tradition and institution. Many people get married in churches and vow to be one from now until death. Marriage itself, Biblically speaking, is a symbol of the marriage between Christ and the church, women often being used metaphorically to represent God's church. The union of two men or two women perverts marriage and it's true significance it holds in the gospel. Why should Christianity have one of it's most prized traditions perverted like that, a tradition established by God, who made it crystal clear that $#@!sexuality is unnatural and an abomination in His eyes.

Gays can go to a registry office and sign up for some "civil union" status or whatever. And no im not $#@!phobic, my brother is gay and I couldn't care less. What people choose to do behind closed doors is their business and affects me 0%, but to think they should be able to take part in a religious institution that is against the lifestyle they live is crazy imho.
    hmm a very good point. As a parent I wouldn't want my children to grow in a society where $#@!sexuality is common, and going by that sentiment and what you said, it is understandable for people to prevent gay marriages. However, if it is just a religious dilemma than why cant the gay people just marry in court?
    Last edited by Itachi; 05-12-2012 at 23:12.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post

Then non-christians shouldn't be allowed to marry either. The fact is, marriage isn't exclusive to christianity. It's a legal contract, not a religious institution.

Next we should outlaw trimming or shaving beards because that's not acceptable according to the bible.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

23. Likes Svetlana likes this post
    The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Then non-christians shouldn't be allowed to marry either. The fact is, marriage isn't exclusive to christianity. It's a legal contract, not a religious institution.

Next we should outlaw trimming or shaving beards because that's not acceptable according to the bible.
    exactly.

non-Christians, and christian who don't want or can't have children... should not be allowed to get married if we are going to stick with the narrow christian view on marriage.

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    and masturbation...which I have sinned approximately 3962 times.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbo1 View Post
    I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to decide what they want BUT they shouldn't be allowed to use that power to the detriment of others.

I hate to break it to you man. But literally every decision made by a president is going to do this to somebody. No decision is every supported, or in favor of everyone.

This is no different.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    hmm a very good point. As a parent I wouldn't want my children to grow in a society were $#@!sexuality is common, and going by that sentiment and what you said it is understandable for people to prevent gay marriages. However, if it is just a religious dilemma than why cant the gay people just marry in court?
    $#@!sexuality IS common, in THIS society.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    hmm a very good point. As a parent I wouldn't want my children to grow in a society where $#@!sexuality is common, and going by that sentiment and what you said, it is understandable for people to prevent gay marriages. However, if it is just a religious dilemma than why cant the gay people just marry in court?
    Why? Kids who grow up where $#@!sexuality isn't looked down upon wont end up gay because of it. If someone is gay, they're gay, no matter how, where or who they are brought up by.

Selected Members Council
    What about 'the people' who oppose it? Do you not consider their opinions worth noting? Are you saying the church doesn't influence some of those votes?

If you guys don't like how laws, and amendments are passed in this country, then GTFO. Cause thats how it has always been, and will always be, unless Obama $#@!s that up too. But thats an entirely different topic, so ignore it.
    So pretty much, "If you don't like it, you can get out", right? You guys act like legalizing gay marriage will somehow extinguish the right for a straight couple to get married. I think they have every right to be as miserable as those who take it for granted.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-13-2012 at 00:13.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information