Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nope. Not really a fan of the rumours going around about the consoles, and I doubt I'll be able to afford 'em.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Gaddesreinhart
    Items PS3 FatVita
    Not really. From the rumored games in development for next gen, it sounds like a repeat pf this one, shooter city with better visuals. I'm sure we'll see more open world, fetch quest laden western "RPG's" as well.
    Retired FFXI player. FFXIV player, Malboro Server.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Of course, i can't wait to see what some devs can do with the new hardware.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Im personally hoping something happens to the new consoles similar to what happened to the 3DS when it first came out..causing them to lower the prices quickly.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I sure as hell am excited! With all these great-looking titles like BF 3 being superior on the PC in every way possible (not just graphically but in terms of gameplay) I feel like we're playing on terribly outdated hardware...

PS4 can't come soon enough!

PSN ID
    jack1982cp
    Not at the moment. I'm sure once we get to see some next gen games running on next gen consoles that will change though.

I don't like the direction gaming is going in - too many sequels, and too many of them are second-rate and the franchises are long past their prime. To much "All games must have online and be more like Call of Duty because Call of Duty sells 20 million copies" stuff. If single player campaigns and new IP's are going to continue to decrease in importance, it may be a very long time before I invest in next gen hardware.

Super Elite
    Not really, I'm fine with the releases this gen and I'm content with the graphics etc.. A new generation of consoles means another couple hundred euro's to purchase it. I see no need for a new gen. as I don't think the current gen has reached its full potential..

Super Elite
    This generation of consoles made me a predominantly PC gamer so meh, won't write if off of course but the care for next gen has gone down a great deal
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    To be honest, no, I'm not. This DRM and DLC has gotten out of control in my opinion. And it's only going to get worse with the Next-Generation. Sure I'm excited to see the new graphics and what games may be offered. But overall... not really. The gaming community has too much politicking going on now a days for my taste. Gaming used to be a hobby. It's more of a 'meh..somethin to do' now for me.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm happy with the current gen right now. If a PS4 came out tomorrow would I buy one...yeah. I'm just curious to see what new things will bring to the table next. I don't expect a quantum leap but it should be good nonetheless.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Elite Member
    i'm going skip. i still have a lot of games to play back from the ps2 and there are so many good games for the ps3.

Master Poster
    No....not really. But this probably has to do with the fact that I've lost faith in my favourite companies and the genres I loved. JRPGs on consoles are non-existant or they suck. VSXIII at this point is shovelware to me. And with the emphasis on multiplayer over single player taking over...it just doesn't look appeasing to me.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I'm not really excited at all for next generation. Even though there were a lot of new IPs and great games, I feel like there was less originality this generation than last. On top of so many more sequels to game series. This trend I feel will only continue onto the next generation. There wasn't many games like Demon's Souls in the sense that it is a different type of game that came from out of nowhere. Majority of game releases were just a continuation of a game I played in 2007 or later.

For this generation I was mainly excited for FF,GTA, MGS, RE, Hitman, Elder Scrolls and Halo. Finally seeing a new Hitman, Resident Evil has been pretty good despite the non horror aspect, GTA IV was good, and FF was a disaster, etc. However, for next generation there isn't a series I'm overly excited to see. Yeah, there will be another GTA or RE. I guess my care level is just really low.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Nope. Will be sticking with my PS3 long into next generation.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

15. Likes John25 , Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Nope. Will be sticking with my PS3 long into next generation.
    The PS3 still has very strong legs and with Sony's minimum 10 years support, it is going to remain a viable and cheaper alternative to next gen. I have no plans to jump on board right away next gen.

17. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    If its the same as this gen but with just prettier graphics then NOPE.

More sequels, no originality, all this DLC crap, online pass, restrictions, locked content etc...

I will wait to see if its worth it.

19. Likes Lebowski , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Veteran
    I'm always more intrigued about the next Gen consoles then excited until they actually start showing things that excite me.

Currently I'm not really so excited about gaming as I used to be in general. My most played PS3 "game" has been Netflix for the majority of this year and last.

Nothing really has that lasting appeal to me anymore like the games used to have. It probably has something to do with all the games getting shorter and shorter while receiving more and more launch day dlc, 4-5-6 dlc packs announced before a games even finished, 20 dif exclusive dlc packs depending on where you purchase, content on disks lock so they can sell "re"sell it to you again later, games released unfinished forcing patches to be downloaded on launch day and even months later to fix and or in some cases finish a game thats supposed to already be done, etc... It continue to hamper my gaming experience to no end.

All these rumors of digital download only and/or games locked to individual consoles isn't helping matters any. If somehow they wind up being true, it wouldn't be too difficult for me to just quit console gaming at this point.
    Last edited by faaeng; 05-13-2012 at 22:20.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I'm not particularly excited about the next gen tbh...dunno why..i feel 'meh' about it atm.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    The PS3 still has very strong legs and with Sony's minimum 10 years support, it is going to remain a viable and cheaper alternative to next gen. I have no plans to jump on board right away next gen.
    With both consoles going for the 10 year cycle, I still plan on playing them AS WELL as owning the new ones. I won't just stop playing all these great games in my library because a new console comes out. No doubt there will STILL be some games that come out after the new console comes out that will still only be made for last gen consoles. I don't want to miss those potentially great games either.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah I dont either. Maybe about 2 years after launch. By then any hardware problems should be ironed out and there will be more games for it. Maybe even a price drop.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-13-2012 at 23:17.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    That's the main reason I'm waiting, so I don't have to put up with any hardware problems. Will probably just wait for the PS4 Slim, like I'm doing with Vita (although it seems to fine so I'll get one when there's more games).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Since i hate tablets, motion controls, and other crap like that i have nothing but fear and concern for next gen consoles.
    Nintendo has already failed (IMO). Microsoft usually does the wrong thing (IMO) so im not even counting on them. If Sony can provide a traditional controller in the box at launch with free online and great games i will get a PS4 but i might be a PC gamer exclusively next gen if Sony cant provide what i want.

Superior Member
    ^ Agreed. I like retro gaming, and Nintendo used to be a favorite of mine, but the Wii U looks ridiculous and the iPad controller is gimmicky and will probably put off a lot of hardcore gamers.

As for the Xbox, I heard rumors about next-gen hardware blocking used games. The gaming industry is becoming less of an entertainment form, and more of a business.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    This generation of consoles made me a predominantly PC gamer so meh, won't write if off of course but the care for next gen has gone down a great deal
    I am definitely in the same boat. I was really excited about this gen and bought the ps3 day one. But Idk about next gen. I hate how the console industry is going.. smaller independent devs are dying out and gimmicky business run devs are thriving. With these bigger budgets I cant even imagine what the console will cost.. or the games.

PC gaming is where I might be next gen
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

28. Likes jubeininja69 likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3!!!!! View Post
    I am definitely in the same boat. I was really excited about this gen and bought the ps3 day one. But Idk about next gen. I hate how the console industry is going.. smaller independent devs are dying out and gimmicky business run devs are thriving. With these bigger budgets I cant even imagine what the console will cost.. or the games.

PC gaming is where I might be next gen
    next gen is pretty much not gonna improve a lot but if a killer game like MGS5 or GT6 is out then i will jump but not until a price cut. plus i have soooooo many games. my backlog is all the ways from the ps2. i hope next gen is where shooters eventually die because i'm not too happy there's a version of call of duty 4 and clones every year this gen.

i like your signature too btw.

Thread Information