Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62
  1. #26
    Veteran
    yourmumsface17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,596
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    14,867 (0 Banked)
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Starhawk is really hard at first, most people who I have met have hated it at first, but the people who have given it a chance have grown to love it. When tanks start camping outside your base, you know your teammates are crap to be honest. It's frustrating, but when you do find a game with balanced teams, and teammates who actually build things to help out the team and don't all build the stupid bike thing then it is great fun. I really enjoy defending the flag, but it is hard, especially at the start when they inevitably rush out their base to get an early capture and you have little means to stop them.

  2. Likes Zswordsman, Ghost likes this post
  3. #27
    Master Poster
    santinomarella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,485
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    7,092 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioPlayStationManchester UnitedGoogle Chrome
    The game is really difficult at the start and takes some getting used to. The first few games I played our base was filled with about 5 or 6 enemy tanks, it was instant death after each re spawn. But that could have partly been to do with me trying to re spawn on the tanks to destroy them. But when I got used to playing, it was great fun! Defending the flag is the best part! It was on Warhawk too, but building makes it even better.

    Even when I play in games where the enemy just dominates our base it's still fun now that I'm used to everything as there are plenty of enemies close by to kill! I often get more points and have more fun when the enemy is doing all the attacking in CTF.


  4. #28
    Super Elite
    cpitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,241
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    7,070 (0 Banked)
    Ive played some online games and had fun, but felt overwhelmed with built a battle and flying the hawks, but I'm playing the campaign on the hardest setting and am growing accustomed and becomIng quiet adept at the sheer mechanics of the game, and felt that it has really opened up for me. I can't wait to jump online and hang in there with the big boys

    The game is quite unique and it caters to what I look for in games huge maps plenty of targets and mayhem
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    The Views and opinions of forum member cpitt, do not represent the views and opinions of ps3forums and any known associates, mods

  5. Likes Ghost likes this post
  6. #29
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,254
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    31,019 (0 Banked)
    Ordered a rental via Love Film. If its a good single player, might convince me to buy. We'll see.


    Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

  7. #30
    Elite Guru
    berts08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,592
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    7,660 (4,000 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelKenton View Post
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier or Starhawk?
    Which game of these two should I get?
    Mate stay away from starhawk, its so crap.


    “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke


    PSN ID: berts08



  8. #31
    Veteran
    yourmumsface17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,596
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    14,867 (0 Banked)
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelKenton View Post
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier or Starhawk?
    Which game of these two should I get?
    Haven't played Ghost Recon so can't judge, but in regards to Starhawk, I personally think it's brilliant, however it is an acquired taste, I'd recommend giving it a rent, it is great when you have teams working together, and not so great whenever everyone in the game is being a $#@!

    Rent it.

  9. #32
    Superior Member
    Joe Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    3,730 (0 Banked)
    I personally had a blast with Starhawk, and as a fan of RTS games, the BnB system immediately clicked with me.

    Ghost Recon however really disappointed me. Its not necessarily a bad game, but it certainly isn't a good Ghost Recon game, let alone a tactical one.

  10. #33
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Mate stay away from starhawk, its so crap.
    In your opinion.

    I say get Starhawk if you want a unique and specialised MP experience, but only if you join a clan or have a group of mates who are playing. It's an awesome game if you have a good team. It's probably one of the most team orientated MP games in recent times.

  11. #34
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,490
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    23,086 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Ghost Recon or Starhawk? Well I got put off Starhawk by the beta so I wouldn't recommend that. I also wouldn't recommend Ghost Recon because a very good friend of mine who rents games all the time told me it was very disappointing and he was bored of it within a couple hours. I play Co-op and MP with him on games all the time and we were going to get GRFS but we decided not to anymore.

    I guess Ghost Recon would be a better choice though if you just need to buy one or the other as you can play it alone and not have to worry about finding a good team to have fun.

  12. #35
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    ^ You were put off a game because it didn't suit your friends tastes?

  13. #36
    Elite Guru
    *goo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,254
    Rep Power
    74
    Points
    31,019 (0 Banked)
    Order from Love Film arrived today. Finished the single player in one sitting.

    Observations. Build & Battle not utilised well enough through the campaign. Too easy and similar to Warhawk (not surprising). Decent enough graphics. Terrible story. Campaign: 5/10.

    Think I've seen enough to know the multiplayer won't be for me, the game just wasn't exciting enough to make me want to jump into multiplayer after completing the campaign. Will pass on the purchase.


    Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

  14. #37
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    Mate stay away from starhawk, its so crap.
    I am not sure I would say Starhawk is crap, but I certainly didn't like what I have played so far. Ghost Recon on the other hand I would take over Starhawk. Then again, I am a Ghost Recon fanatic.

  15. #38
    Superior Member
    Mo-green28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rochester,New York
    Age
    24
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    1,937 (0 Banked)
    I Love this game, I'm a Socom guy. Although this game is super far from Socom, being in really good CTF or Zones matches where it comes down to the last minute of play to be the victor really gets the tensions flowing, almost like a great Socom Demo match. This is the most fun I had in a multiplayer game since Socom: Con.(after all the patches were complete)


    I have no idea how people say this game is hard to get into, I was in the beginning private beta and from then on It was very easy to learn and play this game. It was easier for me to play this more so than Warhawk. I traded in Warhawk after 2 months, I have no intentions on trading Starhawk at all.

    Hands down the best shooter multiplayer on PS3 right now (imo), too bad I can't convince my COD friends to even try it for more than an hr.
    Last edited by Mo-green28; 05-29-2012 at 23:34.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

  16. #39
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,490
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    23,086 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    ^ You were put off a game because it didn't suit your friends tastes?
    Yes we generally have similar tastes in games, if he doesn't like it I won't bother as even if I do like it I won't have anyone to play it with. Problem?

    I'm not going to risk wasting money on a game that I might not like. I don't rent because the only rental service available to me blows and I don't get new games from them for months after their release. That's why I trust his opinion.
    Last edited by EHY893; 05-30-2012 at 00:00.

  17. #40
    Superior Member
    Joe Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    3,730 (0 Banked)
    Not to mention renting a game these days means no multiplayer.

  18. #41
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,490
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    23,086 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    Not to mention renting a game these days means no multiplayer.
    Exactly. Another reason why renting to try is starting to go down the drain even more so for me.

  19. #42
    Master Guru
    TDbank24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,713
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    34,708 (0 Banked)
    Is this a real question? I am absolutely loving Starhawk! Just another shining star in the PS3's amazing library of games.


  20. #43
    Elite Guru
    berts08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,592
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    7,660 (4,000 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    In your opinion.

    I say get Starhawk if you want a unique and specialised MP experience, but only if you join a clan or have a group of mates who are playing. It's an awesome game if you have a good team. It's probably one of the most team orientated MP games in recent times.

    This is what annoys me, of course its my opinion, did I say I was speaking for everyone else?

    I have a mate who would like to meet you



    Do I honestly have to put IMO after everything I type?


    “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke


    PSN ID: berts08



  21. Likes EHY893 likes this post
  22. #44
    Super Elite
    se7enthsign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,488
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    2,533 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-green28 View Post
    I Love this game, I'm a Socom guy. Although this game is super far from Socom, being in really good CTF or Zones matches where it comes down to the last minute of play to be the victor really gets the tensions flowing, almost like a great Socom Demo match. This is the most fun I had in a multiplayer game since Socom: Con.(after all the patches were complete)


    I have no idea how people say this game is hard to get into, I was in the beginning private beta and from then on It was very easy to learn and play this game. It was easier for me to play this more so than Warhawk. I traded in Warhawk after 2 months, I have no intentions on trading Starhawk at all.

    Hands down the best shooter multiplayer on PS3 right now (imo), too bad I can't convince my COD friends to even try it for more than an hr.
    It's funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing. Starhawk, although very different, actually FEELS like the old Socom games. I have no idea why because it's sci-fi, vehicle based, and respawn, but the whole team aspect that I loved about Socom is there.
    Street Fighter was here before the UFC and PRIDE, so you can give your heart to Fedor...but your a** STILL belongs to RYU!!

  23. Likes Mo-green28 likes this post
  24. #45
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    This is what annoys me, of course its my opinion, did I say I was speaking for everyone else?

    I have a mate who would like to meet you



    Do I honestly have to put IMO after everything I type?
    Thanks for introducing your mate, you keep the company of guys wearing tight pink clothes huh?

  25. #46
    Super Elite
    FireSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Posts
    2,237
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    10,407 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    the most satisfying thing in StarHawk is revenge kill with droppod!!

  26. #47
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,700 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    the most satisfying thing in StarHawk is revenge kill with droppod!!
    In my first game, on my first drop I killed a hawk with my droppod. Was such a strike of luck.

  27. #48
    Superior Member
    Mo-green28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rochester,New York
    Age
    24
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    1,937 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by se7enthsign View Post
    It's funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing. Starhawk, although very different, actually FEELS like the old Socom games. I have no idea why because it's sci-fi, vehicle based, and respawn, but the whole team aspect that I loved about Socom is there.
    Yes it's why I love this game.

    I'm not bragging but a couple of times I played without clan/friends, No one was using teamwork, or pretending CTF is TDM, it has been atleast 3 times where I single handily won the game for my team/ brought us back from losing. Sort of had that feeling in a Socom demo match when you're the only one left and there's still a bunch of guys on the other team and you pull out the win.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

  28. #49
    Elite Member
    billm0066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Power
    61
    Points
    8,612 (0 Banked)
    Cant wait to play again with the update. The hawks were way over powered when people were using the repair skill. One hawk could dominate an entire base.

  29. #50
    Elite Member
    Nick_Scryer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    At Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,993
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    4,778 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    $#@! the melee knife, $#@! it to hell.

    Getting knifed in a tank,hawk,building etc... is just $#@!ing retarded. I assume it's a glitch though.

    Click HERE for my Videos

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.