Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

PSN ID
    rikboone87

Are you enjoying Starhawk?

I bought the game not knowing much about it or Warhawk. I really wanted a good multiplayer game so I thought id give it a shot. A few days in and I am absolutely loving it. I mainly play Zones as its seems to be the more diverse mode. How are you guys finding it?
    Add me: rikboone87

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I love it. Starhawk is so much fun and is just really cool in it's implementation. Santa Monica and Lightbox really nailed this game. I will be playing this for a few years to come. I also stick to Zone, it's my fav game mode in BF3 (well, its equivalent). Starhawk is one of the crowning jewels in my game collection. Couldn't be happier!

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Mp is confusing as $#@!

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    My biggest concern with Starhawk is that people really aren't using much strategy. Rather, people are randomly placing duplicate structures when more logical things could be done. And sometimes, like at the beginning of a round, it's difficult to determine what you should be doing; everyone starts building structures and you're left wondering what is about to built and what still needs to be built.

Another concern is the fact that I've been thrown into many small, boring lobbies on big maps. I think Starhawk still hasn't acquired the audience it needs to for it to be as fun as it can be. There is the game list, though, which solves that problem right up. In all, the game is tons of fun and has a lot of potential, and when on the right team, the strategy element can be fantastic. Just be ready for the ocasional stupidity.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i did notice only a few large games around. get on it people! it has huge potential!

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    It's awesome, but there's too many 30 min long games with max 8 players on a giant map and not enough 5 min games with full 32 players.

Click HERE for my Videos

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I stick to zones and I dont really have trouble with player number vs map size. There are plenty of 32 player large map zone games that I usually join when they are about 3/4 full

Much like ghost, I'll be playing this one for a while.

Via Tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    I have played warhawk when it came out and I loved it as hell. Starhawk game style is close to Warhawk I have asked my friend he said the game is amazing. I will buy it later on.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I stick to zones and I dont really have trouble with player number vs map size. There are plenty of 32 player large map zone games that I usually join when they are about 3/4 full

Much like ghost, I'll be playing this one for a while.

Via Tapatalk
    I could of sworn I seen you in a TDM two days ago, you were in a laser torrent and I was beside you. Im not enjoying the game at all, I keep getting killed when I spawn. They are one hit kills too.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    I could of sworn I seen you in a TDM two days ago, you were in a laser torrent and I was beside you. Im not enjoying the game at all, I keep getting killed when I spawn. They are one hit kills too.
    Hey I think I remember that! It was a zones game I joined late and our team was getting absolutely owned hahah. Bad game that was ><

Via Tapatalk

Elite Member
    Starhawk is awesome. I wish I had more time to play it.

Master Guru
    i really have noticed either: A. your team is getting destroyed. or B. you're destroying the other team. i don't see any balance

Superior Member

How's the campaign if anyone is playing it? If its decent then I might give it a go

Master Guru
    campaign is fun. although they like to start you off slow and then slam you with tough missions. i recommend it

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Nope not enjoying this at all, online is a giant cluster $#@!, you spawn and get killed straight away, War Hawk is 10x better than this.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Nope not enjoying this at all, online is a giant cluster $#@!, you spawn and get killed straight away, War Hawk is 10x better than this.
    Haha You can control where you spawn, and then don't have to leave your pod for 10 seconds...Perhaps spawning where there are no enemies might help this issue.

Dedicated Member
    often times you're either kicking ass and taking names or getting owned... its really fun when youve got a good team. Add me if you play often and use your mic, ghost recon as well (dakiddcd1)
    It seems as if every other Spartan in the Halo universe is cooler and more interesting than Master Chief, yet they all died at the beginning of Halo 1.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Haha You can control where you spawn, and then don't have to leave your pod for 10 seconds...Perhaps spawning where there are no enemies might help this issue.
    Come on man, I know I can choose where I spawn but it is limited to your area. Every game I have played there is two tanks camping beside your area, you spawn and they kill you. War Hawk for me is miles better than this.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    Come on man, I know I can choose where I spawn but it is limited to your area. Every game I have played there is two tanks camping beside your area, you spawn and they kill you. War Hawk for me is miles better than this.
    if your team allow to do that tank stuff that means that your team suck!! its hard to kick they asses from that positions, but when full team work to do that it possible

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah, Starhawk, more than any other MP game I've played, relies HEAVILY on team work and co-ordination. You can't just jump in a random game and expect a good game all the time.

Dedicated Member
    Thing is you really need a mic to coordinate in this game and not enough people use them.
    They would rather save the battery for yelling at little kids in CoD lol
    It seems as if every other Spartan in the Halo universe is cooler and more interesting than Master Chief, yet they all died at the beginning of Halo 1.

Forum Sage
    mankind wants to play Call of Duty. He bought the wrong game...

23. Likes yourmumsface17 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    mankind wants to play Call of Duty. He bought the wrong game...
    How in the blue hell did you come to that conclusion? If I wanted to play COD (which I may add I haven't played in two months) I would play COD. Star Hawk is $#@!ing $#@! plain and simple, it cant hold a candle to War Hawk.

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    How in the blue hell did you come to that conclusion? If I wanted to play COD (which I may add I haven't played in two months) I would play COD. Star Hawk is $#@!ing $#@! plain and simple, it cant hold a candle to War Hawk.
    Well he has spoken, its a $#@! game as you have said so..

I personally think it's excellent, however you do need to find the right game

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    DevilSummonerZ
    Items PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah, Starhawk, more than any other MP game I've played, relies HEAVILY on team work and co-ordination. You can't just jump in a random game and expect a good game all the time.
    true same as warahawk and the ppl that complain never played warhawk...at all

My PSN ID: DevilSummonerZ

Thread Information