Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrtchng View Post
    Everybody always loves every single Rockstar games, until people actually start playing it. I'll wait.

What Rockstar game turned out to be bad?

I loved the hell out of Max Payne 2 on the PC! I can't wait to dip in to this one.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Watched some streams of it on Twitch and have decided for it to drop alot in price before i buy it, i enjoyed the controls of the old games on PC and itll most likely drop quick for this system. The game itself seems fun but i dont think theres any replay value in these games alot tbh and with 8-10 hours id rather wait for a price i wont regret it. Im kinda dissapointed that it ended up being so much different than in style/visuals as i feared though. The unique atmosphere from the old games doesnt seem to be there at all.

After burning my hands on GTA collection for PS3 im not gonna buy another rockstar game on a console most likely unless im forced like RDR. The blur effect and draw distance visuals of GTA 4 was the worst experience ive had with a GTA game, the game itself felt like i was moving from a box to box because of the poor visuals which killed the city for me

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post

I loved the hell out of Max Payne 2 on the PC! I can't wait to dip in to this one.
    Rockstar only developed this 3rd game, Remedy did the others.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    just got my copy, install the 1.01 patch...cant wait to see how good the online is

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    This game is badass. Rockstar did a fantastic job on this game. Best cinematic storytelling I've seen in a long time...and the way the game goes from cut scene to gameplay is awesome.

General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    This game is badass. Rockstar did a fantastic job on this game. Best cinematic storytelling I've seen in a long time...and the way the game goes from cut scene to gameplay is awesome.
    Nice to see someone agrees! I can't believe some of the low review scores for this. I mean, what do people want from a game?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    the cutscenes are a bit long and the gunplay short....mp is fun but some issues they need to patch up

who will make a PSU CREW?

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post

GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire.

Basically every game they've made since San Andreas.

*edit: actually, GTA4 isn't bad. It's just not the holy grail that most people claimed it was when it first came out.

Forum Sage

*edit: actually, GTA4 isn't bad. It's just not the holy grail that most people claimed it was when it first came out.
    I haven't played LA Noire but the other two games aren't bad at all. Red Dead even won GOTY so it can't be all that bad. Rockstar has been pretty solid this gen.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    La Noire isnt made by Rockstar and its not really a gta style game except for the open/sandbox style city, on its own its a great adventure style in the vein of Grim Fandango/Monkey Island type games that just had that extra of having a massive open city/detailed city structure instead. RDR is pretty fun so far the 7-8 hours ive played it. I do think GTA 4 is extremely overrated though, it was a game i bought on review impulse and seeing streams of it but the game itself is a drab version compared to the over the top fun San Andreas/Vice City were imo. I regret buying the Complete edition of it on PS3 atleast the visuals are poor, the blur effect kills the city along with the draw distance
    Last edited by GalapagosaraY; 05-17-2012 at 18:00.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Forum Guru
    I haven't played LA Noire but the other two games aren't bad at all. Red Dead even won GOTY so it can't be all that bad. Rockstar has been pretty solid this gen.
    Just because it won GOTY doesn't mean it's good to me. GOTY is a joke. I can say a lot about why I think it's terrible, but I don't think this thread is about that.

I'm just saying that I will proceed with caution when it comes to Rockstar games because I'm more often than not belonging to the group who don't find their games all that good.

Forum Sage
    Just because it won GOTY doesn't mean it's good to me. GOTY is a joke. I can say a lot about why I think it's terrible, but I don't think this thread is about that.

I'm just saying that I will proceed with caution when it comes to Rockstar games because I'm more often than not belonging to the group who don't find their games all that good.
    I never said it was good to you. I'm saying that the game did get recognized as one of the best titles of that year so it couldn't of been all bad. Maybe not to you but you can't change the facts.

Forum Guru
    I never said it was good to you. I'm saying that the game did get recognized as one of the best titles of that year so it couldn't of been all bad. Maybe not to you but you can't change the facts.
    I dont consider the critique of whether a game is good or bad to be a "fact." Getting GOTY doesn't prove anything besides the deep inadequacies of this industry's critics.

The entire show is nothing more than a showpiece for publishers, which unfortunately, is true of pretty much every video game critics press.

There are plenty of more honest critics who wrote about this problem, but those articles are simply quietly shuffled under the rug.

*edit: and I didn't say it's all bad. No game can be all bad.

Forum Overseer
    I know completely unrelated but I felt like UBISOFT did a much better job with making future soldier look more polished and distinguished (even if it looks a lot like MGO on steroids).

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I know completely unrelated but I felt like UBISOFT did a much better job with making future soldier look more polished and distinguished (even if it looks a lot like MGO on steroids).
    lol wut? more polished than what?

Forum Sage
    I dont consider the critique of whether a game is good or bad to be a "fact." Getting GOTY doesn't prove anything besides the deep inadequacies of this industry's critics.

The entire show is nothing more than a showpiece for publishers, which unfortunately, is true of pretty much every video game critics press.

There are plenty of more honest critics who wrote about this problem, but those articles are simply quietly shuffled under the rug.

*edit: and I didn't say it's all bad. No game can be all bad.
    I think you just don't like Rockstar which is Ok by me. You still can't take away the fact that they make good games and are regarded as one of the industry's best. You don't get that reputation from making mediocre games. Max Payne 3 is pretty good too. I like Remedy but I don't think they could of pulled off what Rockstar did with that game.

I am a bit surprised by the really high reviews.

I have played 2 nights in a row and find the game solid but that is really it. There is little that really BLOWS me away but I do find the game fun to play and worth the money.

Just not really....a 10 out of 10 game though

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneDawg View Post
    I am a bit surprised by the really high reviews.

I have played 2 nights in a row and find the game solid but that is really it. There is little that really BLOWS me away but I do find the game fun to play and worth the money.

Just not really....a 10 out of 10 game though
    Its definitely not a perfect game but the gun play is fun,the animations are really good, its bloody and violent just like it should be when people are getting shot, it has good cinematic story, and when was the last time you've seen a game go from cut scene to gameplay that smooth?

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    MP3 looks great, only thing holding me back is.. if I would of preordered I would of got GTA4 episodes ($30) for free. So I'll wait till its $39.99, since i'm so cheap

GTA4: For me, that was the best GTA.
    LA Noire: Not a bad game, but it wasnt great
    RDR: Rockstars best game, loved that story.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Forum Overseer
    lol wut? more polished than what?
    Than this title, online.

Superior Member
    Hows the multiplayer? TBH I'm just looking for a good MP TPS. I'm sure I'll enjoy the campaign as well. I've read its reminiscent of Quentin Tarantino or Tony Scott works.

Someone also mentioned aim-assist or auto-aim. Seriously? Screw that. Is it optional?

Forum Guru
    I think you just don't like Rockstar which is Ok by me. You still can't take away the fact that they make good games and are regarded as one of the industry's best. You don't get that reputation from making mediocre games. Max Payne 3 is pretty good too. I like Remedy but I don't think they could of pulled off what Rockstar did with that game.
    Let me put it this way, people were hyped and already singing its praises when LA Noire was nothing but a black screen with a "published by Rockstar" accompanying it.

A lot of Rockstar's praise is pure hype, and the fact that it's taboo to actually criticize a Rockstar game or its reputation, almost like Nintendo.

*edit: let's not forget RDR was highly praised for its horse muscle animation. When you're getting to that point, you know you're grasping at straws.
    Last edited by rbrtchng; 05-18-2012 at 05:55.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Let me put it this way, people were hyped and already singing its praises when LA Noire was nothing but a black screen with a "published by Rockstar" accompanying it.

A lot of Rockstar's praise is pure hype, and the fact that it's taboo to actually criticize a Rockstar game or its reputation, almost like Nintendo.

*edit: let's not forget RDR was highly praised for its horse muscle animation. When you're getting to that point, you know you're grasping at straws.
    People were hyped for LA Noire when it was a Sony title as well.

Rockstar wouldn't get their early hype if they didn't produce quality titles. They aren't exempt from criticism, they get plenty of it, like any other dev.

I highly doubt the horse muscle animation was the highlights of the reviews, i don't even remember it being mentioned.

The hype has cooled down for their older titles and i still consider them to be one of the best games this gen.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    How does the PS3 version perform compared to its 360 counterpart? I remember not buying RDR (as much as I wanted to) simply because they screwed up big time with the PS3 port.

Did they learn at all?

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    How does the PS3 version perform compared to its 360 counterpart? I remember not buying RDR (as much as I wanted to) simply because they screwed up big time with the PS3 port.

Did they learn at all?
    MP discussions on titles belong in the MP comparison threads section. Sorry, but talk like this will get a thread killed LOL
    LMAO

Thread Information