Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: football games

PSN ID
    (none)

football games

would you spend money on Backbreaker or NFL BLITZ?

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Elite Guru
    hell no.

Apprentice
    No way.

PSN ID
    (none)
    ok, thnx.. I don't have psn. so i don't have demos

Superior Member
    FIFA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes John25 wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Airiaen
    Yeah Fifa 12

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalhoun93 View Post
    ok, thnx.. I don't have psn. so i don't have demos
    Get one they are free or is your net too slow?
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    would you spend money on Backbreaker or NFL BLITZ?
    No 2k sports = no buy.

PSN ID
    (none)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No 2k sports = no buy.
    didn't 2k have a football franchise? Hall of Fame Football? Or All-Pro Football? Or something like that?

Also...

Madden 2013 vs. NCAA Football 2013

I like NCAA because of the variety of options. More teams, more players, more playbooks, more plays. I understand, they don't have the actual names, but I've found that I can get that through online. Unfortunately, I am too poor for on-line. And still, I would rather run the Spread Option with QB #7, the Pro-Style offense with QB #15, and the triple option with QB #3, than run the exact same SLANT IN play with Manning, Brady, and Cutler.

And even the EXTRAS are better. Road to Glory is better than any extra game option in Madden.

And the off-season is better. I can recruit better players and turnaround an entire program in a matter of 2-3 seasons. In Madden, you can't draft a better team because your draft picks always suck and they never allow for a draft steal in the 5th round. Guaranteed your 5th rounder won't even make the squad. Madden needs to make it's DRAFT mode in Franchise mode better. It's a BIG deal in the NFL, it should be made to feel that way in Madden.

Forum Sage
    didn't 2k have a football franchise? Hall of Fame Football? Or All-Pro Football? Or something like that?

Also...

Madden 2013 vs. NCAA Football 2013

I like NCAA because of the variety of options. More teams, more players, more playbooks, more plays. I understand, they don't have the actual names, but I've found that I can get that through online. Unfortunately, I am too poor for on-line. And still, I would rather run the Spread Option with QB #7, the Pro-Style offense with QB #15, and the triple option with QB #3, than run the exact same SLANT IN play with Manning, Brady, and Cutler.

And even the EXTRAS are better. Road to Glory is better than any extra game option in Madden.

And the off-season is better. I can recruit better players and turnaround an entire program in a matter of 2-3 seasons. In Madden, you can't draft a better team because your draft picks always suck and they never allow for a draft steal in the 5th round. Guaranteed your 5th rounder won't even make the squad. Madden needs to make it's DRAFT mode in Franchise mode better. It's a BIG deal in the NFL, it should be made to feel that way in Madden.
    They made the best football game ever with NFL2k5. I heard that they may be developing a new one because EA contract is going to expire next year and the NFL won't extend the contract because they have seen what 2k has done for its NBA game.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Drezee1
    They made the best football game ever with NFL2k5. I heard that they may be developing a new one because EA contract is going to expire next year and the NFL won't extend the contract because they have seen what 2k has done for its NBA game.
    Yea but did you see the crap that 2K put out for a baseball game. I agree NBA2K is a great basketball game but even it has it share of flaws. Most notable is the suction defense on your player but the offense escapes easily.
    Why wait later when you can do now!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Actually, Ea and NFL already renewed their partnership. It actually recently ended. 2k did have a game in plan I heard, but can't do anything now.
    Edit-Maybe I'm thinking of the Nike deal
    Last edited by MartyRules; 05-17-2012 at 19:25.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Oh you mean hand egg games. I was going to recommend FIFA but yeah....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Apprentice
    HUGE college football fan here. Let me save you some cash and tell you that both of the games you asked about AND all of the Madden/NCAA football games this gen are absolute trash. This has been my biggest disappointment this gen BY FAR. I bought the first NCAA for PS3 assuming it would be like the last gen just better visuals, AI, physics, etc. My brother and I were stunned when they didn't even have camera view options (as we like to play in "far view"). Then, the horrible animations, AI, etc just made the game unplayable. After pretending to kind of enjoy it or give it a pass for about a half an hour we both admitted to it sucking and we never touched it again. Bought NCAA the next year after promises of VAST improvements, etc. Nope. Same game.

Consider that EA did not have a football game his gen where the ball even rotated more than once on ANY pass, be it a 10 yard curl or a 50+ yard bomb, until NCAA 11. The ball would rotate ONE time. Players ran and still run like they have an egg up their butt. The menus are sluggish and run way slower than the last gen. We had not even as many overall options but LESS than the last gen until about NCAA/Madden 11. Still dont in many ways.

I noticed that EA basically got super cheap and made a universal sports game engine. It suits some games pretty well (Fifa, NHL) but it just does not suit an American Football game at all. They keep trying to polish that turd into a diamond but it just isn't working. Dont waste your money on ANY football game this gen as they are all horrible.

In fact, I play NCAA 11 on PS2 to this day rather than the current gen counterpart. I was a release date buyer for over a decade and then stopped buying completely after NCAA 09. Just terrible games.

EDIT: Finally, EA basically admits this each year. Each year they tout their new offering and in the videos leading up to release they literally make fun of the previous years game and how bad it was but how they "fixed it" this time. Every year this gen. This year is no different. Go to their website and look at the producer/developer interviews and they literally make fun of how bad things like the sound and animations were in the previous titles but then those games came out they did the same to the previous years release. They arent just making lazy and s#itty games, they KNOW it and still pass it on to people because they have exclusivity rights. You want to play an NCAA or NFL football game? EA is the only place you can go and they know it. The only positive is that each release has sold less than the previous since this gen started. Enough buy to keep EA lazy but people are getting sick of buying a $60 roster update to a crap game.
    Last edited by chumdiddy; 05-18-2012 at 02:01.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Actually, Ea and NFL already renewed their partnership. It actually recently ended. 2k did have a game in plan I heard, but can't do anything now.
    Edit-Maybe I'm thinking of the Nike deal
    It's only extended until 2013.

Tried all other games but both FIFA and Madden take the cake football wise, imo

PSN ID
    Sleeplessace
    Honestly i didnt know people still played football games i never see much about them, they always use to bore me. but i suggest fifa

Psn:Sleepelssace
    By recognizing the difference between you and others you establish your identity as yourself

Thread Information