Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by souleater View Post
    You need to think before you speak. i wasnt trying to justify anything i said at all was just saying how i feel as you are now by calling what i said "pathetic" but im sure you're just another fan kid so i wont let it bother me. I also wasnt trying to talk about ffx only either. just saying there are clearly other ffs that are better then this which is why i followed up that quote lol.. anyways i agree with the above post. though advent children had a decent story for what it was as well as good looking. but the voice acting was indeed horrible lol
    Really? I thought its story was terrible. The VA doesn't bother me because I always watch it in Japanese.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    If I wanted a FFVII remake, this is what I would do. I would hope that in the next few E3s, SE announces FFV and VI remakes for Vita and/or 3DS. That way you know the "remake train" is going into the direction you want it to go.

3. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    You need to think before you speak. i wasnt trying to justify anything i said at all was just saying how i feel as you are now by calling what i said "pathetic" but im sure you're just another fan kid so i wont let it bother me. I also wasnt trying to talk about ffx only either. just saying there are clearly other ffs that are better then this which is why i followed up that quote lol.. anyways i agree with the above post. though advent children had a decent story for what it was as well as good looking. but the voice acting was indeed horrible lol
    Let me enlighten you.

Quote Originally Posted by souleater
    OMG THIS. ^^^^^. i swear all i see people talk and drool about all the time is ff7 ff7 ff7 I've played the game and it is a great game, dont get me wrong i also like it but i dont understand why people just cling to it so hard. i believe ffx is much better in every way graphics, story ,character wise, no im not a fan boy im just being realistic there is news about ffx but nobody seems to be really saying much about it lol i swear i feel like people are just obsessed with cloud is all. one more thing to add. i do want to see new ff games but i am so sick and tired of how they play and the stories they put out there go back to the original gameplay give me the tearjerking story i wanted. these new ones just put me to sleep,
    Also with what basis do you have that I'm just a "fan kid"?. Let me reiterate what you said to me: Think before you speak..

If people are still talking about Final Fantasy today, then it's because it's still popular. I don't know how you and others cannot understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite
    How many people? Again, the 80 percent of Final Fantasy fans?
    Care to explain where you're getting that percentage from?. The fact remains that whenever word of Final Fantasy VII comes up, people listen, a lot of people. I've seen it everywhere and it's talked about a lot when news comes up whether it's from rumors or things taken out of context.

I'm sorry, but Advent Children was garbage. The only redeeming quality from that movie was that it was pretty to look at, but even now the CGI looks dated. They don't have the voice acting nailed either. Don't get me started on Tifa's terrible voice acting. And before Aaron jumps into the conversation to talk about how the Japanese voice acting is the only thing that matters to him, I will say that the majority of consumers out there would expect good english dubbing.
    Yeah, that's your opinion. I personally liked it.

I just think it's selfish that people really have no problem seeing development on a promising title like Final Fantasy Versus XIII dropped if it means they can play a remake of their favorite title in the series. If Final Fantasy VII really meant that much to you, if you really cherished the title and want to brag about how much it changed the industry, you would be perfectly content playing the original.
    I was very careful with what I said: "I'll also confidently say that people will buy the remake and that it will sell a lot more then any Final Fantasy released so far this generation". I made no mention of Versus XIII as that game hasn't even been out - I can't even make a prediction of how the game will turn out since all we've been getting are trailers. Also, people haven't lost hope for, Versus XIII yet. We're just waiting and those who've exclaimed that they have will eventually end up buying it.

Final Fantasy VII was a fresh and revolutionary experience back in 1997 but you can't expect people to react the same way with a remake. A smart consumer would pick up the original for, what, 10 dollars on the PlayStation Store and, like you said, get the same story because as we all know graphics don't make the game.
    What's wrong with us wanting a remake?.

Final Fantasy IX is my favorite title in the series but you don't see me asking for a remake. Why is it different for other people?
    It most likely has something to do with the Tech Demo from 2005(?). We saw that it's possible to re-create the game and once I saw it I stubbornly want that to be a reality, even more so with what we've been getting so far this generation.

5. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    You can call it a remake, but bottom line is it would be creating an entire new game with graphics and just having a general story board laied out. To do a remake it wouldn't be a spare time thing it would be a full on team and they want to go beyond that for now.

FF7 is so popular because PSone was really the first console system that broke into main stream, and FF7 was a majority of current FF fans first shot at the series. I enjoyed it, but it is not the Messiah of FF like a majority of people make it out to be.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yep, the reason people want VII remade more than anything other is thanks to that tech demo, that and the fact its the most popular.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Care to explain where you're getting that percentage from?
    That's a question you should be asking Aaron. The fact remains that the fanbase is divided. You have people who are huge fans of Final Fantasy I-VI and VIII-XII as well as the XIII titles. That's why I said before that it's more like 80 percent of Final Fantasy VII fans rather than Final Fantasy fans in general.

The fact remains that whenever word of Final Fantasy VII comes up, people listen, a lot of people. I've seen it everywhere and it's talked about a lot when news comes up whether it's from rumors or things taken out of context.
    A lot of people have also made it known that they're sick of hearing about the prospect of a remake. Trust me, I'm not the only one.

Yeah, that's your opinion. I personally liked it.
    And again, it's not just my opinion.

I was very careful with what I said: "I'll also confidently say that people will buy the remake and that it will sell a lot more then any Final Fantasy released so far this generation". I made no mention of Versus XIII as that game hasn't even been out - I can't even make a prediction of how the game will turn out since all we've been getting are trailers. Also, people haven't lost hope for, Versus XIII yet. We're just waiting and those who've exclaimed that they have will eventually end up buying it.
    Which is why people should be focusing on that particular game, first and foremost. Whenever I hear about a potential Final Fantasy VII remake, you get people coming out of the woodwork, talking about how it's the only game that will save Square Enix. It's the same bull$#@! - over and over again. Final Fantasy Versus XIII could very well be the Final Fantasy VII for a newer generation of gamers. Maybe even some veterans. You guys won't need your remake. It's pointless.

What's wrong with us wanting a remake?
    Because it's the same game! They shouldn't waste their time developing it. You know, I can't help but find it funny how people go on and on about how graphics don't make the game but once people begin talking about a Final Fantasy VII remake, it's always, "They don't need to touch the plot elements or whatever but start pushing some pretty pixels and I'm sold!"

It most likely has something to do with the Tech Demo from 2005(?). We saw that it's possible to re-create the game and once I saw it I stubbornly want that to be a reality, even more so with what we've been getting so far this generation.
    It didn't prove anything. It was another one of their pre-rendered cinematics.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-18-2012 at 03:28.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

9. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    wow..calm down blacksite what you said about it being the same game it wasn't stopping SE to do a hd mix of FFX and thats the same $#@!
    look i could really care less about this they(SE) mention this so many times even teasing us with that tech demo not looking to start an argument but SE put it upon themselves with that making people wanting remakes this is just my input on the matter

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

11. Likes snooper71, AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Superior Member
    They can't screw up on Final Fantasy VII. They have the story and characters already done for them. The only real challenge here are the graphics and re-creating towns, people, settings. I can't comment on how long and costly that will be nor how much power console hardware is needed to make that a reality but it is possible. If the game is ever announced in full development then I can guarantee you that it will generate far more hype then any Final Fantasy game released this generation.
    Yes they can. Ever heard of the FF VII Compilation?

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    And I pretty much agree with the article anyway. I'd much rather play brand new main FF games then play one where I know what's going to happen remade or not. I love the mentality of wanting to create an FF that's as good or better then VII. FFVII is not the be all end all of FF or games in general. If your a true FF fan then you want to see new FF universes and not just obsesse over one particular installment for the rest of your life.
    I'd much rather play a VII remake than a XIII-3. In fact, I'd rather play the original again than any of the XIII ones.

OMG THIS. ^^^^^. i swear all i see people talk and drool about all the time is ff7 ff7 ff7 I've played the game and it is a great game, dont get me wrong i also like it but i dont understand why people just cling to it so hard. i believe ffx is much better in every way graphics, story ,character wise, no im not a fan boy im just being realistic there is news about ffx but nobody seems to be really saying much about it lol i swear i feel like people are just obsessed with cloud is all. one more thing to add. i do want to see new ff games but i am so sick and tired of how they play and the stories they put out there go back to the original gameplay give me the tearjerking story i wanted. these new ones just put me to sleep,
    That's great. Unfortunately the majority disagrees with you. And one thing that I learned over the years is that every FF fan will have a different list of FF games they liked and disliked.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    And the voice acting, animations, among other things. Is it really worth it for Square Enix (and Nomura) to devote all of their time and money into developing a remake that the so-called "80 percent of Final Fantasy fans" want to play when consumers can simply buy the original and enjoy it for what it is?
    Unfortunately people give too much emphasis on graphics. A lot of people would refuse to play VII because of its graphics.

Besides, I'd happily pay $60 for the original with remastered soundtrack. Just listening to the Advent Children version of One Winged Angel gives me the chills.

I just think it's selfish that people really have no problem seeing development on a promising title like Final Fantasy Versus XIII dropped if it means they can play a remake of their favorite title in the series. If Final Fantasy VII really meant that much to you, if you really cherished the title and want to brag about how much it changed the industry, you would be perfectly content playing the original.
    I don't think anyone would want Versus dropped. Although I'd happily trade XIII-2 for VII remake.

13. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    wow..calm down blacksite what you said about it being the same game it wasn't stopping SE to do a hd mix of FFX and thats the same $#@!
    That's not really the same thing. The remastered HD version of Final Fantasy X doesn't sound like it would be any different than Konami releasing the Metal Gear Solid HD collection. A Final Fantasy VII remake would be built on a completely different engine, with different and more complex in-game assets, as well as added voice actors and improved graphics.

I don't feel as though it's necessary either. But you can blame Sony for that as that's how they profit from the PS3 not being backwards-compatible. It still doesn't change the fact that Square Enix has no real reason to develop a Final Fantasy VII remake. Just because it's really popular?

look i could really care less about this they(SE) mention this so many times even teasing us with that tech demo not looking to start an argument but SE put it upon themselves with that making people wanting remakes this is just my input on the matter
    But it doesn't matter what they said in the past. The Final Fantasy VII remake isn't a top-priority. They said it themselves. And I hope for the sake of the company, as well as the prospect of creating newer titles that live up to the much-loved PlayStation classic, that it never becomes one in the future.

Feel free to dislike this post, Aaron. You're just giving it more exposure.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-18-2012 at 04:19.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Dedicated Member
    @ Tibiquera

Your not making much sense and your not paying attention when u quoted people there.

FonFahbre said they can't screw up a VII remake because the GROUND WORK IS ALREADY DONE. The compilation has nothing to do with the original title being remade. And u didn't even elaborate on how the "compilation screwed things up". All u have to do for a VII remake or any game remake is basically remake the graphics, update the music, and probably upgrade the gameplay. Se pretends this is some hard feat but it's not. Not saying it wouldn't take a while, but that's the basic formula. They've done that 4+ times already with FFs I - IV.

And dammit, I said I'd rather play A BRAND NEW main FF game over a VII remake. I didn't mean any sequel of a FF game. I don't even like XIII-2. Pay attention.

Master Guru
    That's a question you should be asking Aaron. The fact remains that the fanbase is divided. You have people who are huge fans of Final Fantasy I-VI and VIII-XII as well as the XIII titles. That's why I said before that it's more like 80 percent of Final Fantasy VII fans rather than Final Fantasy fans in general.
    The newer generation of gamers is what's splitting the fanbase as older fans of the series still enjoyed games through 10. A remake of an old classic will get the attention of everyone, old, current and new.

A lot of people have also made it known that they're sick of hearing about the prospect of a remake. Trust me, I'm not the only one.
    Why they're even engaged in the topic despite being sick of hearing it is beyond me.

And again, it's not just my opinion.
    That works both ways.

Which is why people should be focusing on that particular game, first and foremost. Whenever I hear about a potential Final Fantasy VII remake, you get people coming out of the woodwork, talking about how it's the only game that will save Square Enix. It's the same bull$#@! - over and over again. Final Fantasy Versus XIII could very well be the Final Fantasy VII for a newer generation of gamers. Maybe even some veterans. You guys won't need your remake. It's pointless.
    Which I really hope it does because so far we don't have anything to give the game any merits other then word of mouth and promises from the one in charge of it's development. Throughout this entire exchange, I tried to keep Versus XIII out of the discussion because I have hopes for it and it looks very promising but we can't say for certain that it will be Final Fantasy we're waiting for until it's released.

Because it's the same game! They shouldn't waste their time developing it. You know, I can't help but find it funny how people go on and on about how graphics don't make the game but once people begin talking about a Final Fantasy VII remake, it's always, "They don't need to touch the plot elements or whatever but start pushing some pretty pixels and I'm sold!"
    So a remake should be disregarded because someone said so. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibiquera
    I'd much rather play a VII remake than a XIII-3. In fact, I'd rather play the original again than any of the XIII ones.
    That's exactly it. Since post-Final Fantasy X; the games are not like they used to. They turned 11 and 14 into MMO's; Final Fantasy XII was fun but had an unappealing line of characters and story then lastly XIII and XIII-2 which I don't want to touch on since the explanation will be long(Ixion has said it better). Then you have the rumored XIII-3 - I'm no longer confident about their upcoming titles, even a Final Fantasy XV announcement will be taken lightly.

17. Likes AaronSOLDIER , snooper71 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Let's be honest here. When FF fans ask for a FF7 remake, what they're really trying to say is. I want higher graphical version of FF7. Not that many people understand what a "Remake" means. lol. Square doesn't really have the time and technology for that now. Notice they have been trying to speed up the productions.

19. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    @ Tibiquera

Your not making much sense and your not paying attention when u quoted people there.
    Hmm, ok...

FonFahbre said they can't screw up a VII remake because the GROUND WORK IS ALREADY DONE. The compilation has nothing to do with the original title being remade. And u didn't even elaborate on how the "compilation screwed things up". All u have to do for a VII remake or any game remake is basically remake the graphics, update the music, and probably upgrade the gameplay. Se pretends this is some hard feat but it's not. Not saying it wouldn't take a while, but that's the basic formula. They've done that 4+ times already with FFs I - IV.
    If you've seen the compilation you'd see that there was a significant amount of retconning. Not only were the characters portrayed differently, but also events from the original were re-written. Just take a look at how many Nibelheim incidents there are now that contradict the original.

And don't forget that in a remake, many things would need to be changed. Voice-overs would be added which means the script would be re-written. Scenarios would be re-drawn in 3D. Risque moments like the Honey Bee Inn would probably need to be excluded. The world map would need to be completed overhauled. Battles would probably be changed, and as a result the whole pacing would have to be re-tuned.

And dammit, I said I'd rather play A BRAND NEW main FF game over a VII remake. I didn't mean any sequel of a FF game. I don't even like XIII-2. Pay attention.
    Fine, and I said I'd rather have SE concentrate efforts on a remake than on a sequel to a game not many people liked in the first place (aka, XIII).

21. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Never seen anyone get so worked up over a game before.

23. Likes Kuro likes this post
    PSN ID
    Sleeplessace
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Never seen anyone get so worked up over a game before.
    HA ! How could you not expect this? i'm sure we would probably end up fist fighting given the chance.

Psn:Sleepelssace
    By recognizing the difference between you and others you establish your identity as yourself

25. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by souleater
    HA ! How could you not expect this? i'm sure we would probably end up fist fighting given the chance.
    Care to explain how any of us were fighting?. We're just debating in regards to the remake.

PSN ID
    Sleeplessace
    Care to explain how any of us were fighting?. We're just debating in regards to the remake.
    Oh how did i know you would comment. i was following up the "worked up part" which means mad. anyways it was a joke so yeah pointless to respond to me.

By recognizing the difference between you and others you establish your identity as yourself

Master Guru
    Oh how did i know you would comment. i was following up the "worked up part" which means mad. anyways it was a joke so yeah pointless to respond to me.
    Not really pointless because I don't want this to turn into a misunderstanding.

Elite Member
    FFVII was pretty mediocre but I'd be excited for a remake if it wasn't just a graphical update.

And Square Enix, I'M the one who tells YOU what your priorities are. Versus XIII, ASAP.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    It would be cool, but personally I don't care. I'm perfectly content playing the original on PSN. On a related note: in Corel prison, I went straight and fought Dyne without going in the desert. Did I miss anything?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    It would be cool, but personally I don't care. I'm perfectly content playing the original on PSN. On a related note: in Corel prison, I went straight and fought Dyne without going in the desert. Did I miss anything?
    Nah, you may have missed some items, but nothing big. Maybe a yellow materia somewhere in the desert, not completely sure. It's been so long since I have played FFVII.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

32. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I thought they said before that it would be too much hard work to remake this game anyway?

PSN ID
    Sleeplessace
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I thought they said before that it would be too much hard work to remake this game anyway?
    Just an excuse not to do it at the time.

35. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Nah, you may have missed some items, but nothing big. Maybe a yellow materia somewhere in the desert, not completely sure. It's been so long since I have played FFVII.
    Yeah I know, same here. I bought 6-9 a month or two ago, when there was that sale on FFs. And just barely got around to one and decided to play 7 first. I didn't think I missed anything big, but decided to go through it again. I ended up not finding anything lol. But I did get Cloud's next limit and leveled up some materia lol. Thanks anyways
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Elite Sage

They would change things in FFVII remake. It was already said that Honey Bee and crossdressing would be removed from the game. It would have the whole Genesis and Deepblue or what the hell was that group from Dirge of Cerberus. I recommend that people would stop thinking that remake means "just a sound/graphics update" and that's it. Remake means REMAKING. Things will be changed. And I'm sure a lot of things will be removed and a lot of things from FFVII Compilations will be added.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Thread Information