Elite Member

PSN's free online gaming service wins it for me already

i'm not sure why is there even a debate between psn and another competitor's online service. the bottom line is, i want to play online and psn being free and always there for me, wins it. there's no need to buy some kind of "gold" subscription to play online. i don't really care about "cross game chatting or party chatting." i just want to play online dammit. i think some people are making too big of a deal when there isn't any about the whole "chat thing." they just can't stand they have to pay to get online and try to crap on psn. being free allows people to jump online and see if it's their thing. also psn has vastly improved since it first launched and it's getting closer to that other service despite, being a free service.

SONY, kudos to you for making online play free.

2. Likes Lebowski , daLa likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Hmm. Fair points

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    While XBL has a much more intuitive online community set up, XGC and other bells and whistles, I still prefer the simplistic and free PSN set up. Sure it's much easier to party up and go into online games with your mates etc, but this isn't impossible on PSN by any means. People argue that XBL is only $50 a year or whatever, but those who have been on Live since launch have spent over $350 for the ability to play online which the PS3 has had for free. Some people don't mind this, they enjoy the ease of online match making and the ability to chat with mates, that's cool, if they enjoy it and find value there then I'm happy for them. For me personally it's a complete waste of money and I prefer times more Sony's approach.

5. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    i'm not sure why is there even a debate between psn and another competitor's online service. the bottom line is, i want to play online and psn being free and always there for me, wins it. there's no need to buy some kind of "gold" subscription to play online. i don't really care about "cross game chatting or party chatting." i just want to play online dammit. i think some people are making too big of a deal when there isn't any about the whole "chat thing." they just can't stand they have to pay to get online and try to crap on psn. being free allows people to jump online and see if it's their thing. also psn has vastly improved since it first launched and it's getting closer to that other service despite, being a free service. SONY, kudos to you for making online play free.
    At the end of the day most of those people you are talking about are just trying to make themselves feel better about having to pay to play online plain and simple. I've used both services extensively and the experience is the same minus the party chat and the dashboard. PSN does what I need it to do and its free so its a win win for me.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 05-16-2012 at 21:46.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    i hate to be a downer, but this has been hashed out time and again, and will eventually (already has really) turn into the same conversation happening in other threads.

/closed
    LMAO

Thread Information