Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 278
  1. #51
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    3,964 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    All of you are midfielders
    yeh Il stick with being a Striker until we get someone who can actually score up front ,but I think I had my best games as a ST

  2. #52
    Ultimate Veteran
    DangerousMali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    22,807
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    264 (8,632 Banked)
    Items New User Title
    we're on now guys


    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Coke isn't really that hardcore a drug.


  3. #53
    Master Guru
    manutdfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Port
    Posts
    6,608
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    35,109 (0 Banked)
    Thumbs up
    20...

  4. #54
    Dedicated Member
    Sleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,442
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    15,556 (0 Banked)
    lol, y'all are playing without me.

    F**king assholes.

  5. #55
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    3,964 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Jump on!!

  6. #56
    Veteran
    StoneyPS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bournemouth
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,192
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    1,570 (0 Banked)
    Easier to type on here than that bloody fifa bit with the controller.

    We need to hold the ball up more, it's often passed to the attacker when he cant do sod all. Play backwards, it's not reverse rugby.

    If we do that and keep composed were be fine. Way too many sloppy passes and $#@!ty uneeded shots.

    Against a VP GK it wont work 99% & needs to played across the goal.

    Were making it hard for ourselfs
    Last edited by StoneyPS3; 05-23-2012 at 22:46.

  7. #57
    Member
    Stingraysito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    2,561 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPS3 View Post
    Easier to type on here than that bloody fifa bit with the controller.

    We need to hold the ball up more, it's often passed to the attacker when he cant do sod all. Play backwards, it's not reverse rugby.

    If we do that and keep composed were be fine. Way too many sloppy passes and $#@!ty uneeded shots.

    Against a VP GK it wont work 99% & needs to played across the goal.

    Were making it hard for ourselfs
    We are being to direct and giving the ball away far too easily

  8. #58
    Member
    Stingraysito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    2,561 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingraysito View Post
    We are being too direct and giving the ball away far too easily

  9. #59
    Master Guru
    manutdfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Port
    Posts
    6,608
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    35,109 (0 Banked)
    Don't be afraid to Pass it backwards as well that can open up a forward pass. It's being forced too much.
    20...

  10. #60
    Master Guru
    manutdfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Port
    Posts
    6,608
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    35,109 (0 Banked)
    Jimmy Jillikins batman.
    20...

  11. #61
    Ultimate Veteran
    DangerousMali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    22,807
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    264 (8,632 Banked)
    Items New User Title
    Had to quit tonight, EA had it out for me tonight, lagged all my games and kept disconnecting me for no reason


    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Coke isn't really that hardcore a drug.


  12. #62
    Super Elite
    ImSiCkOfYoU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,046
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    2,405 (512 Banked)
    i'll try to be on tomorrow

  13. #63
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    3,964 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We should re-name the Team ,The Dog & Duck as were playing like a pub team ATM .definately need to work on our Game

    We need to use the wings more often to open up the Opp teams as every pass is heading into traffic down the Middle,

    also look for players in Space.

    Right now we should stick with a lone Striker Formation as we have no real Striker and most of the team were Further up front than I was most of the games ??

  14. #64
    Veteran
    StoneyPS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bournemouth
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,192
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    1,570 (0 Banked)
    I've never been depressed playing clubs to be honest. The cohesion was of nothing.

    I kinda agree about the lone striker as long as it's human and not AI until we become half decent, there is zero movement upfront so that's why I tend to move up that way.

    We don't need to keep switching the ball and hoofing it with square, the amount of lost balls from it was insane and being reluctant to PASS BACKWARDS really hampers our movement... it's forward, forward, forward... pass to ST even though he has zero space.

    As said last night...we're just making even harder for ourselves.

  15. #65
    Master Guru
    manutdfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Port
    Posts
    6,608
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    35,109 (0 Banked)
    I think we all lost confidence last night including me, it was a real mess. We need to keep the ball, keep possesion, the pass doesn't always have to be a forward one, play one two's as well if your passed the ball and you got nothing on there's no shame in passing it backwards.

    Look to the keeper as an outlet as well. Don't just boot the ball all the time with the keeper as well.
    20...

  16. #66
    Member
    Stingraysito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    2,561 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    We should re-name the Team ,The Dog & Duck as were playing like a pub team ATM .definately need to work on our Game

    We need to use the wings more often to open up the Opp teams as every pass is heading into traffic down the Middle,

    also look for players in Space.

    Right now we should stick with a lone Striker Formation as we have no real Striker and most of the team were Further up front than I was most of the games ??
    I agree, yesterday there were far many long balls. As soon as we recovered the ball from the back, we did a Stoke and lump it to our only forward who i think is not a target man nor very tall. We just gave possession away.

    Like you said, we were too narrow because of the formation and we didn't have fullbacks. I can play as an RB or LB, the problem is that as a fullback my VP is only 74.

    Any tips how to level up quickly the defending stats?

  17. #67
    Member
    Stingraysito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    2,561 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPS3 View Post
    I've never been depressed playing clubs to be honest. The cohesion was of nothing.

    I kinda agree about the lone striker as long as it's human and not AI until we become half decent, there is zero movement upfront so that's why I tend to move up that way.

    We don't need to keep switching the ball and hoofing it with square, the amount of lost balls from it was insane and being reluctant to PASS BACKWARDS really hampers our movement... it's forward, forward, forward... pass to ST even though he has zero space.

    As said last night...we're just making even harder for ourselves.
    Exactly, i was surprised. We were just too direct, the balls kept flying towards the Striker while he was marked by 4 defenders.

    We need to keep it short and simple.

  18. #68
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    3,964 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingraysito View Post
    I agree, yesterday there were far many long balls. As soon as we recovered the ball from the back, we did a Stoke and lump it to our only forward who i think is not a target man nor very tall. We just gave possession away.

    Like you said, we were too narrow because of the formation and we didn't have fullbacks. I can play as an RB or LB, the problem is that as a fullback my VP is only 74.

    Any tips how to level up quickly the defending stats?
    Play Now matches on Legendary 15/20 min game but tune the settings down so you have an easy game to work on your accomplishments

    But yer I always keep a finger on L1 all game to keep my player in position & just nudge it in the direction the game is Moving but maybe it's the Default cam but I can't visibally see my pro when the Ball is deep in my own halve so have to rely on the Radar .might have to tweak my cam to try and fix that as im always para about being offside :P

  19. #69
    Member
    Stingraysito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    2,561 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Play Now matches on Legendary 15/20 min game but tune the settings down so you have an easy game to work on your accomplishments

    But yer I always keep a finger on L1 all game to keep my player in position & just nudge it in the direction the game is Moving but maybe it's the Default cam but I can't visibally see my pro when the Ball is deep in my own halve so have to rely on the Radar .might have to tweak my cam to try and fix that as im always para about being offside :P
    Press "select" and the camera will switch to follow your pro only. As a defender is hard to play with the camera on the ball so i have to switch the camera views regularly with the "select" button. I hope that helps.

  20. Likes John25 likes this post
  21. #70
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    3,964 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Cheers mate il give that a try ..but does anyone else get Button lag ?? most times im ok but sometimes il try and pass it as soon as I get it when im marked and for some reason my pro ends up losing it

  22. #71
    Veteran
    StoneyPS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bournemouth
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,192
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    1,570 (0 Banked)
    I'm working on my defensive ones now, bit tricky even with boosting but getting there. Getting all our pros up to at least mid 80s will help ten fold before we even kicked the ball.

    Edit -

    Yeah button lag is pretty common still unfortunately, more so in the rain.

    PSU will not fall again

  23. #72
    Master Guru
    manutdfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Port
    Posts
    6,608
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    35,109 (0 Banked)
    Need to get our confidence back.
    20...

  24. #73
    Member
    Stingraysito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London
    Age
    27
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    37
    Points
    2,561 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Cheers mate il give that a try ..but does anyone else get Button lag ?? most times im ok but sometimes il try and pass it as soon as I get it when im marked and for some reason my pro ends up losing it
    Unfortunately. I find it hard to play quick passing football because of that, unlike when i play season football or friendlies.

    I'll try to get my def accomplishment up.

  25. #74
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,669
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    3,964 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPS3 View Post
    I'm working on my defensive ones now, bit tricky even with boosting but getting there. Getting all our pros up to at least mid 80s will help ten fold before we even kicked the ball.

    Edit -

    Yeah button lag is pretty common still unfortunately, more so in the rain.

    PSU will not fall again
    haha had a crack at the Striker boosting game the other day and after 5 mins my pro got Injured !!!!

  26. #75
    Ultimate Veteran
    DangerousMali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    22,807
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    264 (8,632 Banked)
    Items New User Title
    I'm on now, let's see if we can sort it need to work out a back up any aswell


    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Coke isn't really that hardcore a drug.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.