Master Guru
    Oh boy

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    Digging a hole for ourselves here

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by COOKIE-MONSTA View Post
    if you guys want to test out things before playing a ranked match id be happy to play a friendly match with my club our rec is 17W-2D-0L so we would be a good team to try things on and we have a top GK so you can try some tricks to beat GK's
    The way were playing at the moment we wouldn't be able to clean your jock straps.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items New User Title
    some worldclass misses tonight, we hardly scored, also not my best defensive work either, none of us had a good overall performance tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Coke isn't really that hardcore a drug.

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    if you play without an ANY its best to get a GK and play 5-2-1-2 and ingame setting should be team pressing and high pressure. if you play with an ANY then the best form is 4-1-2-1-2 with no ingame setting. you should always play with 2 forwards that know how to pass, passing is the key to goals and never use VP defenders because a good forward will catch a vp defender out of position all day long, hope this helps
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

6. Likes John25 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    if you play without an ANY its best to get a GK and play 5-2-1-2 and ingame setting should be team pressing and high pressure. if you play with an ANY then the best form is 4-1-2-1-2 with no ingame setting. you should always play with 2 forwards that know how to pass, passing is the key to goals and never use VP defenders because a good forward will catch a vp defender out of position all day long, hope this helps
    Basically what he said ^.

Problem is without an any, everyone keeps asking for a sodding ball and we get nowhere. It's gonna be a long ride.

Cheers for info.

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneyPS3 View Post
    Basically what he said ^.

Problem is without an any, everyone keeps asking for a sodding ball and we get nowhere. It's gonna be a long ride.

Cheers for info.
    Set some rules like only calling for the ball when your in clear space else the CPU will try and chip it to you and fail, if you play with a cam then its the cam that should be calling for the ball becasue hes the one thats going to be linking the forwards up. the way we do it is we cant call for it if theres players between us and the player with the ball becasue 9 times out of 10 the cpu will pass stright to the other team also if someone calls for it stright after a cpu player just got it the pass will fail you need to give them time to control the ball, its easy once you know what works and what doesent
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    Set some rules like only calling for the ball when your in clear space else the CPU will try and chip it to you and fail, if you play with a cam then its the cam that should be calling for the ball becasue hes the one thats going to be linking the forwards up. the way we do it is we cant call for it if theres players between us and the player with the ball becasue 9 times out of 10 the cpu will pass stright to the other team also if someone calls for it stright after a cpu player just got it the pass will fail you need to give them time to control the ball, its easy once you know what works and what doesent
    Cheers mate.

Think were going to have rip up our current 'guide book' change some positions, use them 2 formations which I'm familiar with anyway and start handing out slaps round the chops for Stoke City balls.

Our main problem is rushing the ball and panicking thus hardly ever getting the ball near the goal. In the games I've played, we've played it across goal very few times, put in a cross only to have nobody in the box.

I thought switching Scouse to RAM as he is generally deep would have worked but it failed and the poor fella got switched to RCM after putting in a MOTM performance up front.

Whoever our Striker is coming deep is killing us, often I saw them in our own half when we got the ball, it was hoofed up top to obviously nobody. All that does it make others run out of position and use more energy. For example....last night a cross came in and I had to cover half the pitch to stretch for that miss from LCM....where the bloody hell was the 2 strikers and CAM?

All in all we improved loads but stupid things are letting us down, and stupid cheap goals due to no pressure in closing down the opposition.

Rant Over.

X

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    the only down side to 5-2-1-2 is its prone to counter attack thats where a handy GK comes in since 98% of clubs use 5-2-1-2 the game comes down to who has the best ST if your forwards score alot of goals then a GK is not really needed but if they strugle then a GK would stop you conceding cheap goals

Veteran
    Items Firefox LogoPS3 SlimUser name style
    Thanks for the help Cookie, anyone fancy a turn in goal?

Yeah as Stoney said lets just keep the ball a bit more and don't panic in the final 3rd and go for the L1 and triangle lobbed ball thing every time, it is tempting because sometimes it looks like it's on (I am guilty of this too) but it normally isn't as the defender can see it coming.

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    best shot to use is R1 curve shots a well placed shot a gk has no chance of getting to when running up the wing do a fake shot and cut back this will give you space for a pass or room to get past a defender when on the edge of the box hold R1 when shooting this will place the ball away from the GK

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    the only down side to 5-2-1-2 is its prone to counter attack thats where a handy GK comes in since 98% of clubs use 5-2-1-2 the game comes down to who has the best ST if your forwards score alot of goals then a GK is not really needed but if they strugle then a GK would stop you conceding cheap goals
    Yeah couldn't agree more with that. My other club went on a mean streak when we had a keeper, he was almost unbeatable and was ranked 2nd or 1st GK in the world (phasered I miss you) but as most keepers do, he got bored wanted to play outfield and eventually left.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmumsface17 View Post
    Thanks for the help Cookie, anyone fancy a turn in goal?

Yeah as Stoney said lets just keep the ball a bit more and don't panic in the final 3rd and go for the L1 and triangle lobbed ball thing every time, it is tempting because sometimes it looks like it's on (I am guilty of this too) but it normally isn't as the defender can see it coming.
    There great and can lead into an attack but were always pushed so far back they fail. It's the square ones hoofed up that grind me.

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    if you can find 2 friends that can play GK you can then rotate them and they will also be loyle, if you find a GK from the match lobbies all they care about is stats and will leave if your team keeps winning a VP GK rated 80 will still make better saves then cpu gk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    There we go then guys. Get your pros up to a reasonable rating and were also start trying to find a keeper/train one up.

Our pace is shocking

There we go then guys. Get your pros up to a reasonable rating and were also start trying to find a keeper/train one up.

Our pace is shocking
    Easier said than done. Getting up defensive and defensive mental accomplishments are a pain. Attacking, and shooting ones are a piece of cake. Unfortunately i think i play better as a DM or attacking full back .

EA needs to sort out the defending VP thing, defenders are always ignored. I still remember on Fifa 10, my pro was signed to and was asked to score around 15 goals a season as a right footed left back -_-. I was like freaking hell, im asked to contribute more goals than the wingers :S. My virtual pro was doing a Dani Alves most of the time.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    best shot to use is R1 curve shots a well placed shot a gk has no chance of getting to when running up the wing do a fake shot and cut back this will give you space for a pass or room to get past a defender when on the edge of the box hold R1 when shooting this will place the ball away from the GK

This Finese shots are great for great for beating the Keeper, the only problem is right now no one gets any time with the ball in front so ,just either pass it or shoot straight away with out using R1 O or Faking it which can usually win you a Penalty if the keeper come out to you

@ Stoney the reason why I kept dropping deep was to help out and make the passes shorter as we are still making to many errand passes or trying to long ball when im Crowded (I myself was guilty of trying to Chip through ball Stoney when I should of held it for a lil while longer till he had space and passed him a through ball

my thoughts are to stick with a Formation that gives us width to open up the other team (the last form we used which had me playing RCM was Horrible)

also don't be afraid to shoot in the box if there is no help around id rather the Keep save a shot than just take it from a players feet for no reason

Again look for players in Space there was loads of times I found space coming to help be another pass option for a team mate who would pass the ball to a crowded player.

Again GK try to pass it if you can out instead of hoofing it out as my player is only 5'8 with a low Jump rating which will give the ball to the Opposition most times.

Also I reckon Crosses work better than passes into the box as 9/10 it's too crowded to try a low shot at least a cross will give us a shot on goal

im more than happy to go back to ST and just stay in the center like my last ST game as it brought a goal and always had someone in the box when needed

Just my 2cents.
    Last edited by John25; 05-30-2012 at 14:39.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post

@ Stoney the reason why I kept dropping deep was to help out and make the passes shorter as we are still making to many errand passes or trying to long ball when im Crowded (I myself was guilty of trying to Chip through ball Stoney when I should of held it for a lil while longer till he had space and passed him a through ball.
    Don't worry about coming deep to get anything, once it reaches you we then have no option. Keep up them runs and keep the runs out wide. Just basically be up there. Maybe reverting to 2 strikers is the better option.

Stingray....I'll give you a few games if you want, put your VP as defender and keep tackling me. That goes for anyone else who can't be arsed against AI.

PSN ID
    MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    if you do go with 2 ST's have one be tall around 5 11 and one short this will give you more options in attack also if anyone wants to add me for some head to head or if you ever need a ST my PSN in MONKEY-OF-DEATH

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    if you do go with 2 ST's have one be tall around 5 11 and one short this will give you more options in attack also if anyone wants to add me for some head to head or if you ever need a ST my PSN in MONKEY-OF-DEATH
    We are screaming out for a striker to play alongside Scouse or something as well someone else to give their advice/pointers as to where were going wrong.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items New User Title
    if we can find a new any, i can slot beside scouse if sting plays any------------------------------ i'll be also try to get my vp some gk stats now, for when we have 4+ players online, untill we find a gk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    gizzoidafcb
    These guides are pretty good for boosting in a few games.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW-C2DoSD8o

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boy From School View Post
    Take your time then.

Never rush a meal.

We're gonna win all our games today.

I like playing DM but if y'all want to play somewhere else, I will.

These guides are pretty good for boosting in a few games.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW-C2DoSD8o
    Good shout, here is the playlist with all his guides for accomplishments:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...A&feature=plcp

Ultimate Veteran
    Items New User Title
    i'm on from 8pm tonight, see you ladies online

I give up trying to improve the stats of my pro, unless they are shooting and assists.

Thread Information