Thread: Pixeljunk: 4am

Hybrid View

Apprentice

Pixeljunk: 4am

Didn't see a thread for this little gem yet so I thought I'd make one.

I just downloaded it today and spent a couple of hours with it. I have no musical background at all, but even I managed to create some decent sounding tunes. Gotta say it was a great feeling to just be fooling around and trying different things, and then noticing a few people "watching" my performance, apparently enjoying my work. It inspired me to keep going and try to make my performance sound better and better. I got as high as 19 viewers, which I thought was a lot for a talentless hack such as myself, before I reluctantly dragged myself back to real life.

4am seems like one of those games that's easy to learn, but hard to master. Anyone can pick up a controller and make some music and have a really fun time, but I think it'll take a lot of effort and skill to create something great, just like in real life.

If anyone has the spare time and a spare $15 or so, I highly recommend it. Even if you can't spare the cash, be sure to download the free live viewer so you can watch performances.

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    i had the playable beta

was fun , but not something id buy

maybe if it goes on special offer or free on plus i'll pick it up

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I downloaded this(Demo) and it looks really neat. I'm still not sure if $15 is worth it though but I'll think about it.

Apprentice
    It just occured to me that the PS Eye has a microphone right? I wonder if that could be incorporated into the game a little further down the track, so performers can speak/sing/MC over their beats.

Thread Information