ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Ghost Recon is "Smart Shooter" compared to Call of Duty, says Ubisoft

Ghost Recon is Smart Shooter compared to Call of Duty, says Ubisoft

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is getting set to release this week, and Ubisoft has fired another shot at its competitors in a recent interview. Jean-Marc Geffroy, the Creative Director on GRFS claims that players turn to their game when they are looking to play a "smart shooter".

"You always want to achieve success and satisfy players. We believe we provide new innovations and a different experience than our FPS rivals. The pacing, tactical layers, use of technology and Teamwork in Single, Coop and MP provide something unique and different for fans of military shooters.

"Run and gun can be fun, but if you want a smart shooter play Recon"

The foundations of Ghost Recon are extremely important. We pride ourselves on providing a truly authentic experience and insight into the world of special forces. Run and gun can be fun, but if you want a smart shooter you can come and play a bit of Recon."

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier follows a highly trained team of elite special-ops soldiers as they dispatch their enemies with cutting-edge military hardware. The game will be available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on May 22nd.
    http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/gh...-duty-ubisoft/

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Soldier 95B
    That is kind of hard to dispute. Ghost Recon has been and should always be a slower, methodical team based shooter that has some tactics. COD, as of late has been mostly about run and gun. Don't get me wrong, I love the $#@! outta COD, but I also love the $#@! outta Ghost Recon.

Forum Sage
    Just saying FS has heartbeat sensors, radar grenades and UAV's as well.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    In other words, this game is not for the 80% of shooter fans we have today.

5. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I love both COD and Ghost Recon but GR does a better job of providing a authentic experience, just like the article stated. Its just a much better military shooter. IMO of course.

PSN ID
    Sleeplessace
    Omg finally a good shooter.

Psn:Sleepelssace
    By recognizing the difference between you and others you establish your identity as yourself

Superior Member
    I was pretty disappointed with the beta. With those two maps, it seemed more like a corridor shooter than anything, and it most definitely still felt like "run and gun". It was awfully unbalanced and not very "tactical" at all. Fans of classic GR would be disappointed I think, such as myself. How can you be tactical if you can see through walls?

9. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    I was pretty disappointed with the beta. With those two maps, it seemed more like a corridor shooter than anything, and it most definitely still felt like "run and gun". It was awfully unbalanced and not very "tactical" at all. Fans of classic GR would be disappointed I think, such as myself. How can you be tactical if you can see through walls?
    Sounds like we got different betas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    i agree, i was not a fan of the beta at all. teammates would get hacked and all our locations found out. Idk it was like a super unbalanced MGO. i didnt like, i havent played COD in like 3 years either so idk

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    In other words, this game is not for the 80% of shooter fans we have today.
    Thank goodness! I'll take quality players over a large quantity of players anyday. Not that a lot of CoD, MoH and other game's players aren't quality, far from it. There are some ace players and real nice people on those games. But they DO seem to attract a rather large amount of..."other"...players.

Griefers and campers and lone wolfs, OH MY

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    People run and gun regardless lol its easer for me to pick them off one by one. I'm one of those who flank and think carefully before engaging. Also a team player when I got my mic on. I will admit I sometimes run and gun but only if its a small map.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

El Presidente
    Why does everyone have to compare themselves to CoD? Ghost Recon is it's own game and it's own series for that matter. GR can stand on it's own two feet. Everyone loves to hate CoD...yeah we got it now.

Also GR does look cool. I might pick this up and play through it with a friend of mine. We loved playing through Army of Two together. Co-op is fun.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Apprentice

Hell yeah podsaurus! Co-op has long been one of my favorite ways to play a game. Some great times have been had playing co-op games with my buds. Love it.

Thread Information