Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Yakuza 5: five cities, five main characters

Sega appears to be going with a "5" theme for Yakuza 5. Joining the previously announced five cities, the game will also have five main characters. This is one up from previous titles, which have had at most four main characters.

The full Japanese name for Yakuza 5, as revealed in Famitsu this week, is "Ryu ga Gotoku 5: Yume Kanaeshi Mono." A rough (very rough) translation would be "Yakuza 5: Person Who Fulfills Dreams."

This early report from Famitsu comes via our usual flying get source, Sinobi. Sinobi also says that the game seems like it may be released in December (the phrasing suggests that it's not stated directly in the magazine).

As detailed in November, the five cities were previously announced as Sapporo, Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka. Series producer Toshihiro Nagoshi also previously confirmed that Kazuma Kiryu would be one of the main characters.

It's unclear at present if Famitsu has additional character reveals, but we should be getting more details later in the day.
    Source

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I would play these title with english voice overs.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    The Yakuza series is my favourite series this Gen by a clear distance .The Amount of content thats in the games is unreal for a less well known Franchise

The titles would suck with B- Movie voice overs

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    The Yakuza series is my favourite series this Gen by a clear distance .The Amount of content thats in the games is unreal for a less well known Franchise

The titles would suck with B- Movie voice overs
    Then don't turn them on and you have the same sub-titled game as usual. It sucks no more than it did before. I don't care how they sound tbh. I still want voice overs and I wouldn't be $#@!ing about the voices not being top superstar actor quality. Too much button pressing and reading for me.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 05-23-2012 at 09:09.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

5. Likes Suzano-O likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I need to jump on this series, heard a lot of good things about these games (except that zombie one that came out recently)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I destroyed Yakuza 3! I am getting ready to start Yakuza 4 this week, so this is great news to hear there is a 5th game in the works. I still need to pick up Yakuza: Dead Souls

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Still need to start Yakuza 4. And hell no they should stick with the Japanese VAs for sure or at least keep them as an option, Yakuza 1 sounded terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    bought yakuza 4 around 2 weeks ago but havent started it yet this is my first entry to a series ive been interested in for so long but never got around to try. I think in this games case sticking to the japanese voices is def the best but giving a US option might appeal thge series more to the western audience as it still seems to enjoy the same amount of sucess like the Dynasty/Samurai warriors franchise over here.

If i enjoy this game im def gonna pick up 3, i still regret choosing Enslaved rather than Yakuza 3 in a shop when both games cost literally nothing but went with the crap Enslaved, dont think i could buy the Dead Souls game though it doesnt really seem that interesting to havea zombie filled version of the games cities

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I destroyed Yakuza 3! I am getting ready to start Yakuza 4 this week, so this is great news to hear there is a 5th game in the works. I still need to pick up Yakuza: Dead Souls
    4 isn't as hard as Y3 in terms of getting the Plat which im half way through, but it's a much better game IMO having 4 different stories to play through plus the Hostess/Massage parlours and most of the things taken out of 3 are back

im gutted I lost my Y3 gamesave as I was half way through platting that too (im gonna go back through it again after Y4)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    4 isn't as hard as Y3 in terms of getting the Plat which im half way through, but it's a much better game IMO having 4 different stories to play through plus the Hostess/Massage parlours and most of the things taken out of 3 are back

im gutted I lost my Y3 gamesave as I was half way through platting that too (im gonna go back through it again after Y4)

I lost my game save for Y3 as well. I was also at 50% trophies.

Ultimate Veteran
    The game is also reportedly using a new engine.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I think Sleeping Dogs already succeeded. what the previous Yakuza's failed in.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

14. Likes Suzano-O likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    New Yakuza game?. My body is ready. The Yakuza series is top quality so I'm looking forward to the next. The concept is interesting and I'm wondering how they'll be able to implement five cities since the series focuses on Kamurocho a lot along with an area or two(Yakuaz 4 focused on Kamurocho only but it was beefed up with rooftops and underground passages). I'm also eager to find out who the other four characters will be. Hopefully Akiyama is one of them since he's my favorite next to Kazuma.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER
    Still need to start Yakuza 4. And hell no they should stick with the Japanese VAs for sure or at least keep them as an option, Yakuza 1 sounded terrible.
    I've grown so attached to the Japanese voices that I can't see Yakuza games with English dubbing at all.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I hope Tokyo is one of the cities, then I'm sold.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    New Yakuza game?. My body is ready. The Yakuza series is top quality so I'm looking forward to the next. The concept is interesting and I'm wondering how they'll be able to implement five cities since the series focuses on Kamurocho a lot along with an area or two(Yakuaz 4 focused on Kamurocho only but it was beefed up with rooftops and underground passages). I'm also eager to find out who the other four characters will be. Hopefully Akiyama is one of them since he's my favorite next to Kazuma. I've grown so attached to the Japanese voices that I can't see Yakuza games with English dubbing at all.

theres more news about Y5 on the main page were both him & Seijima are back in it along with a Baseball player & Haruka being a playable Character too

It doesn't mention Kamurocho being one of the 5 places/Cities Tokyo/Osaka are 2 that I remember being Mentioned

Kiryu. Joining him will be Taiga Saejima, Shun Akiyama, Haruka and Tatsuo Shinada.

All of them will be playable, and have their own unique backstories. New face Shinada is a former baseball player, and apparently in debt. Kiryu now works as a taxi driver in Fukuoka, while Soejima is currently in jail. Akiyama meanwhile is away on business in Osaka, with Haruka also residing in the same city. The story is directly connected to Yakuza 4.

Meanwhile, players will be able to soak up five cities during the game, with Sapporo, Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka all ripe for exploration. Yakuza 5 will also use a new engine, and as such creator Toshihiro Nagoshi considers the game a “New Yakuza” featuring better controls and improved script.

Yakuza 5 is currently 70 per cent complete and will be released in Japan in December 2012. A western release has yet to be confirmed.
    Last edited by John25; 05-24-2012 at 07:38.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    I've grown so attached to the Japanese voices that I can't see Yakuza games with English dubbing at all.
    The only good thing about the original English VAs was that they got Mark Hamill as Majima, and at times he sounded just like the Joker, but with a ton of swearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The game is also reportedly using a new engine.
    You're right, some screenshots on Eurogamer. Looks really good:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ity-characters

20. Likes Fon likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    It looks really good. Very sharp and clean.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    You're right, some screenshots on Eurogamer. Looks really good:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ity-characters
    Thank you for the link!. I can't comment on the screenshots because they're most likely from cut scenes but if they're using a new engine then I'm looking forward to the gameplay!.

Quote Originally Posted by John25
    theres more news about Y5 on the main page were both him & Seijima are back in it along with a Baseball player & Haruka being a playable Character too

It doesn't mention Kamurocho being one of the 5 places/Cities Tokyo/Osaka are 2 that I remember being Mentioned
    The screenshots I saw shows off Kamurocho and two familiar areas from Yakuza 2. It's excellent news to see Akiyama being one of the characters!. But it's also depressing to see Kiryu as a taxi driver.

Thread Information