Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    You all convinced me to book a ticket for Thursday.

I owe it to Arkham City.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Will be going to see this in a couple of hours, can't $#@!ing wait!!

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Dedicated Member
    Nice movie. I loved Bane soo much. IGN said that he gets old after a while, and he totally doesn't.

Anyway I give it a thumbs up!

4. Likes PSgamer28 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Just got back from watching it, what an ending. Loved Hathaway as Catwoman, my order of favoritism:

1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Dark Knight Rises
    2. Batman Begins

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    IGN review seems to ring true when they said if you preferred Begins, you'll love Rises, otherwise no Batman movie with beat Dark Knight for you.

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    DON'T READ SPOILER

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ok, I just got back from this..and all I can say is as someone who thought the first two films were just ok. I was blown away from this film. I mean it is easily the best film in the trilogy, the scope alone completely dwarves the first two films. I mean compared to this The Dark Knight looks like a clown having a fun night out on the town.

Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

9. Likes PSgamer28, Lebowski likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    anybody who's on orange network...don't forget oeange wednesdays...see this $#@! for free...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Power Member
    Was not pleased with this movie.

It was the most absurd of the three, which is a real shame given the lengths Nolan went to 'root' this Batman universe in realism. To give you a feeling that, yea, this could possibly happen.

The plot was far too absurd to take seriously.

They treated Bane terribly, especially in the final 15min. What a complete and utter let down. Nobody with me in the theater liked that at all. Very negative reactions.

In all, this movie was just nowhere near up to snuff compared to the first two.

12. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    Veteran
    I'll be going to see it again finally on Sunday. I'll be more observant this time, but I doubt it will change my opinion of the movie.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Was not pleased with this movie.

It was the most absurd of the three, which is a real shame given the lengths Nolan went to 'root' this Batman universe in realism. To give you a feeling that, yea, this could possibly happen.

They treated Bane terribly, especially in the final 15min. What a complete and utter let down. Nobody with me in the theater liked that at all. Very negative reactions.

In all, this movie was just nowhere near up to snuff compared to the first two.
    Wow..I thought it blew them out of the water...and what wasn't realistic about it compared to the others? No one was flying like Superman.
    Trophy-licious!

15. Likes PSgamer28 likes this post
    Power Member
    Spoilers:

Alright here's the crap that annoyed me:

17. Likes Fon , Nerevar likes this post

I loved TDKR. 9/10. It had obvious problems, but I can argue most of them is because it has to live up to an unprecedented bar set by BB/TDK in various areas. I still thought it was a very well done finish for the trilogy. I'd put this one at a close 2nd along with BB.

The things I didn't like:

The things I like:

Veteran
    Spoilers:

Alright here's the crap that annoyed me:

That was quite a long read lol. I'll try to tackle a few of the points though one at a time.

EDIT: added a few.
    Last edited by Shibby; 07-25-2012 at 09:18.

20. Likes PSgamer28, Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Ok Vulgotha, you probably look at bruce lee and think that you could punch harder than him too, right? you're focusing on the wrong things. That sequence of punches Bane throws at batman and when he hits the pillar was very cool in my opinion. Bane is a freak of nature. Thats accepted. his specific limitations aren't mean to be scrutinized. plus he just busted through a pillar in the middle of the grand fight. its not like he was locked in a jail cell and bent the bars to escape. the pillar bust was meant to look cool (and it did to me), not meant to be analyzed because it was all for show and completely insignificant.

22. Likes PSgamer28 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    One thing that struck me as kind of odd was when Bruce put on the leg support and took of a piece off the cement/ brick column when he kicked it. Wasn't he wearing just regular shoes at the time, unless due to age the column was weak?

PSN ID
    DispatchNinja
    Loved it. 10/10 for me. It was even better my 2nd time seeing it.

25. Likes PSgamer28 likes this post
    PSN ID
    DispatchNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    IGN review seems to ring true when they said if you preferred Begins, you'll love Rises, otherwise no Batman movie with beat Dark Knight for you.
    That's true for me, I've always preferred bb over tdk. Tdkr>BB>Tdk imo.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I honestly don't think people prefer The Dark Knight..I think the Heath Ledger of it all just clouds their judgement.
    Trophy-licious!

28. Likes PSgamer28 likes this post
    Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Ok Vulgotha, you probably look at bruce lee and think that you could punch harder than him too, right? you're focusing on the wrong things. That sequence of punches Bane throws at batman and when he hits the pillar was very cool in my opinion. Bane is a freak of nature. Thats accepted. his specific limitations aren't mean to be scrutinized. plus he just busted through a pillar in the middle of the grand fight. its not like he was locked in a jail cell and bent the bars to escape. the pillar bust was meant to look cool (and it did to me), not meant to be analyzed because it was all for show and completely insignificant.

Eh, Bruce Lee wouldn't have been able to put his fist through a pillar without suffering massive amounts of damage either. My point still stands man, you'd have to be unnaturally strong and have superhuman bone density to pull that off.

The movie just stands in stark contrast to the "realistic tone" they tried to set in the past two.

@Shibby

The Tumbler took an RPG hit and then lost control and collided into tons of cars and concrete... Still, I get your point. It just feels like they were cheapening it.

Dude, if they weren't going to leave it to chance then why:

1. Did they leave Batman alive. Hubris? C'mon now.
    2. Let the bomb slowly go critical over the course of a few months.
    3. Leave the entire police force alive.

Literally, Talia is retarded. Through no fault of her own she was born with severely impaired cognitive capabilities compared to all the other league of shadow children.

As for Bane. I don't care man, they still should have let him say something in his dying breath. Anything. Even a 15 second 'parting' scene with him would have better than just clapping your hands and saying "AND HE'S GONE! ITS MAGIC!"
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 07-25-2012 at 16:01.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Eh, Bruce Lee wouldn't have been able to put his fist through a pillar without suffering massive amounts of damage either. My point still stands man, you'd have to be unnaturally strong and have superhuman bone density to pull that off.

The movie just stands in stark contrast to the "realistic tone" they tried to set in the past two.

@Shibby

The Tumbler took an RPG hit and then lost control and collided into tons of cars and concrete... Still, I get your point. It just feels like they were cheapening it.

Dude, if they weren't going to leave it to chance then why:

1. Did they leave Batman alive. Hubris? C'mon now.
    2. Let the bomb slowly go critical over the course of a few months.
    3. Leave the entire police force alive.

Literally, Talia is retarded. Through no fault of her own she was born with severely impaired cognitive capabilities compared to all the other league of shadow children.

As for Bane. I don't care man, they still should have let him say something in his dying breath. Anything. Even a 15 second 'parting' scene with him would have better than just clapping your hands and saying "AND HE'S GONE! ITS MAGIC!"
    If you're calling BB and TDK completely 100% realistic you're delusional. You're just trying too hard to pick this apart.
    Trophy-licious!

31. Likes PSgamer28, DINAMO788 likes this post
    Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    If you're calling BB and TDK completely 100% realistic you're delusional. You're just trying too hard to pick this apart.
    Where did I say it was 100% realistic?

I'm not trying all that hard to pick it apart honestly. To me these flaws are glaring and it made we walk out of the film disappointed.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Where did I say it was 100% realistic?

Maybe you are forgetting the previous two films, but plenty of stuff in them weren't exactly realistic either..one example being a massive truck flipping head over heels in TDK. Also compared to The Joker, I think Bane was a MUCH more believable villain.

It seems a lot of people went into this film determined to hate it..or else way too incredibly hyped that it would never live up to their ridiculous expectations. I'm glad I went in with low expectations. (ironcally because I had read said people's spoiler free comments beforehand).
    Trophy-licious!

34. Likes PSgamer28, DINAMO788 likes this post
    Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Maybe you are forgetting the previous two films, but plenty of stuff in them weren't exactly realistic either..one example being a massive truck flipping head over heels in TDK. Also compared to The Joker, I think Bane was a MUCH more believable villain.

It seems a lot of people went into this film determined to hate it..or else way too incredibly hyped that it would never live up to their ridiculous expectations. I'm glad I went in with low expectations. (ironcally because I had read said people's spoiler free comments beforehand).
    You still haven't made a convincing argument that I said the previous two movies were "100%" realistic lol. I merely said he tried hard to root them in realism (as opposed to, say, the Tim Burton Batman and subsequent films in the 90's) not that they were completely realistic.

I'd actually prefer to have walked out amazed and saying it was the better of the 3. But to me, it just wasn't.

The Joker was an average, if not insane and clever, criminal. He wasn't able to punch through future kevlar with bare fists or through stone pillars. He preyed off peoples inner nature and fears and was relentless.

36. Likes Fon likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    You still haven't made a convincing argument that I said the previous two movies were "100%" realistic lol. I merely said he tried hard to root them in realism (as opposed to, say, the Tim Burton Batman and subsequent films in the 90's) not that they were completely realistic.

I'd actually prefer to have walked out amazed and saying it was the better of the 3. But to me, it just wasn't.

The Joker was an average, if not insane and clever, criminal. He wasn't able to punch through future kevlar with bare fists or through stone pillars. He preyed off peoples inner nature and fears and was relentless.
    So want..you're saying Rises is more comparable to the Burton movies?
    Trophy-licious!

Thread Information