Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I agree with the dude that said that folks on PSU will cheer for it. People here cheer for anything that Sony does. One day they say that vibration is last gen and sixaxis motion control is next gen then we find out that Sony didn't include it because of a patent dispute. So these people then make claims that the patent lawsuit has no merit and should be thrown out. Sony loses the suit and pays a ton of money then begins to include dual shock in the new controllers and suddenly people here love it again.

I could go on with more than one example of this. I've seen so many of these two-faced cheerleader comments.

The fact is, this "feature" will almost certainly be used in FREE games. Think of free iPhone/Android games that have ads in them. In those, you can play it for free and deal with ads or you can pay a dollar and get the version without advertisements. I would have to assume that Sony will have some games released like this in the future as a trial to see if this monetization scheme works on consoles. It's a good thing to try new things like this IMO and I know you guys claiming "I'll never buy a console that has this" will gladly buy up PS4's even if it comes with games like this on day one. In fact, you same people will be out there claiming that Sony is SOOO next gen for trying this. Should I bookmark this post and top it off after the fact and point out the hypocrisy? I did that before and a mod then deleted the old thread because it was "too old" to top off even though there were people in it making claims then newer posts those same guys (two years later) were making the OPPOSITE claim.

Here's an example.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ized-for-price
    mcc states: "Because Sony's prices are not only higher than the competition, but higher than people are willing to pay" - PS3 sold like crap as many like myself predicted until the price drop!

udontneed2know states: "I'll make a bet with you that Sony sells each of the first 4 million consoles by the end of 2006 they plan on having on store shelves." - LOL!

FreddyT states: "Mother Focker they need to be criticized about the price because next next generation they will make a big increase and you dumb chits will be saying oh its the technology that makes the PS4 a 1000$."
    - This guy's prediction was rather dumb.

wotter states: "So yeah, I'm tired with it, accepts the price and move on, I highly doubt Sony will change it." - LOL it dropped to 400 the next E3!

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...nt-infrigement

UCONN for life wrote: "The Immersion lawsuit was a lost cause as sony didn't have any kind of deal with Immersion." - Sony has since LOST this lawsuit and had to pay Immersion 82 million dollars.

Ricokillercon wrote: "This case is pointless all sony has to prove is that they had the agreement before....and case close..."

I could go on but no one read all this anyway and I don't feel like looking at more old threads. Suffice it to say, many people posted that everything about the PS3 was great in the beginning and now the features that are gone, changed, or never showed up in the first place are absolutely PERFECT. This same thing will happen with ads in games.

The only people you folks are fooling are yourselves.
    And can you properly identify at least one person that agreed with Sony's decision to keep out the vibration feature?

2. Likes Two4DaMoney , Wrath , Ghost likes this post
    Master Guru
    Never going to happen. Sony is the king of hardcore gaming. They wouldn't break the gamer's immersion like that.

4. Likes Two4DaMoney , Ghost likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Well, the comments people made 6 years ago are irrelevant. This clearly isn't the same community. And even if it was, you can't make blanket statements like the one where everyone agrees with what Sony has to say or do.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-28-2012 at 17:50.

6. Likes Two4DaMoney , Ghost likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    In the end, no company is truly perfect. I bet my ass that there is no single person here that truly believes in every decision a company makes (except for them fanboys or family-owned businesses).

What the likes of Morganator & Co don't understand is that even though companies make questionable decisions consumers interpret them on a scale of importance.

In reality, it is similar to the so-called Weighted Scoring method that is popular in management classes. People determine a set of factors that influences their buying decision (e.g. games, online capabilities, media playback, etc.) and score them on a rating scale. And this is where it gets important: Not all factors are equally important to justify the support for said product. Games might be more crucial than media playback options so even if media is generally a welcomed addition people would forgive weaknesses in that category if it was made up by a higher quantity of satisfying games.

Consequently, even though Sony has dropped the ball a few times in the past with regard to their decisions (Online pass, etc.), their overall score in people's minds is still positive because the pros seemingly outweigh the cons.

So you really can't accuse people of being ignorant for caring less about non-essential features such as Other Os.

We ARE capable of making justified decisions but we don't get all butt-hurt over minor aspects the way you do.
    Last edited by Wrath; 05-28-2012 at 20:26.

8. Likes Two4DaMoney , TEJ2025 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Don't delete my post, Blacksite or anyone else.

@SMCs and Mods. Quit removing my posts. Just a friendly request. I'm neither flaming or trolling so there is no need to remove anything I've said thus far.
    Should they also keep your harassment and insults too? You seem to believe that you can persuade everyone to think like you by talking down to them like a $#@!ing asshole. I'm frankly sick and tired of your bull$#@!. You wonder why no one challenges your opinion?

And I know you won't break any of your consoles because like everything else, you don't have the guts to stand up for your rights as a consumer.
    You all have given them so much leeway to dictate your gaming/computer entertainment use that they know you all will scream for it and will run out to purchase another console regardless of what they do to it.
    I'll make a wager that aside from the usual whimpering, there will be nary a peep out of anyone
    Are you still wondering why?

Here, let me show you a little irony.

those you all ridiculed and belittled for voicing their distaste and concerns regarding where gaming was headed.
    Which is EXACTLY what you CONSTANTLY do when someone doesn't agree with you. You do it to a point where they feel like $#@! and either don't reply to you or agree with you in hopes of not being disowned on these forums. And every thread about Sony you have been in has been like that, since the Geohotz scandal. I probably would agree with you that the removal of Other-OS was bull$#@!, except I never used it, nor did I bother to, and advertisements run on LIES. And now suddenly, it's our fault because we "let it happen". You're acting as if Sony introduced some new law or bill when in fact you're just pissed off that they took your ability to play new games for free away. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but usually that's the barking complaint with the rebellious lot of you. But I want to know, do you still have a PS3 and a PSN account that you actively play on?

I do agree on the other hand that if they should include an online pass (which was NOT invented by Sony, but by EA) then yes, the game should be lowered by $10 or more. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

But don't come on these forums with your bull$#@! attitude and bash every member who disagrees with you. You're not trolling or flaming, you're insulting and harassing other members. If you took out all your generalizations and comments towards members in each of your posts, people actually might agree with you. Why don't you try it sometime, being nice and all, for once.

And Typical Guy. Again with the generlization, because you know every single gamer on this forum, right? I have iPhone and I only download free apps. Some of them have ads, except they're all the way at bottom as a banner. For example, the inTunedRadio app (which is amazing btw) lets me listen to over 50,000 stations across the globe. I see there's a little ad at the bottom. If I want it removed, and with the feature of recording each radio station, I pay the premium which is not more than $4.99. Except, I choose not to pay it and IGNORE the ad because I still have functionality. The ad doesn't interrupt my listening, it just stays there at the bottom. So get over yourself with how we're gonna eat it all up. Not everyone has to agree with each other, you should know that as a human being.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 05-28-2012 at 19:10.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    +rep @ Mr DreDayDetox

11. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Now now, Ghost, you don't wanna show favoritism, or you'll be called a hypocrite. But thanks.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Obviously this thread topic was going to start up some heating controversy. I just got home and I am tired as hell, so I am going to just remind you guys to refrain from personal attacks. Everyone has their own opinions.

If a staff member has removed any posts, it is because they were nice enough to not send out an infraction. You guys are lucky I can't give out infractions! I want to just hand them out like candy right now. No, not really. Or maybe I do......
    Last edited by Lethal; 05-28-2012 at 20:20.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Don't delete my post, Blacksite or anyone else.

Should they also keep your harassment and insults too? You seem to believe that you can persuade everyone to think like you by talking down to them like a $#@!ing asshole. I'm frankly sick and tired of your bull$#@!. You wonder why no one challenges your opinion?

Are you still wondering why?

Here, let me show you a little irony.

Which is EXACTLY what you CONSTANTLY do when someone doesn't agree with you. You do it to a point where they feel like $#@! and either don't reply to you or agree with you in hopes of not being disowned on these forums. And every thread about Sony you have been in has been like that, since the Geohotz scandal. I probably would agree with you that the removal of Other-OS was bull$#@!, except I never used it, nor did I bother to, and advertisements run on LIES. And now suddenly, it's our fault because we "let it happen". You're acting as if Sony introduced some new law or bill when in fact you're just pissed off that they took your ability to play new games for free away. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but usually that's the barking complaint with the rebellious lot of you. But I want to know, do you still have a PS3 and a PSN account that you actively play on?

I do agree on the other hand that if they should include an online pass (which was NOT invented by Sony, but by EA) then yes, the game should be lowered by $10 or more. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

But don't come on these forums with your bull$#@! attitude and bash every member who disagrees with you. You're not trolling or flaming, you're insulting and harassing other members. If you took out all your generalizations and comments towards members in each of your posts, people actually might agree with you. Why don't you try it sometime, being nice and all, for once.

And Typical Guy. Again with the generlization, because you know every single gamer on this forum, right? I have iPhone and I only download free apps. Some of them have ads, except they're all the way at bottom as a banner. For example, the inTunedRadio app (which is amazing btw) lets me listen to over 50,000 stations across the globe. I see there's a little ad at the bottom. If I want it removed, and with the feature of recording each radio station, I pay the premium which is not more than $4.99. Except, I choose not to pay it and IGNORE the ad because I still have functionality. The ad doesn't interrupt my listening, it just stays there at the bottom. So get over yourself with how we're gonna eat it all up. Not everyone has to agree with each other, you should know that as a human being.
    Meh. I'll try being nice when others can do the same. I've yet to see that with all the name-calling headed my direction with most of it being preemptive as a way to lower the quality of the argument. So while you're name-calling me about how much of an asshole I am, you should look at your posting and take your own advise. I've yet to harass a single person or belittle anyone with name-calling and insults as you've so eloquently done. I have been real honest and upfront with my opinions and while I'll admit I can come off as abrasive, I don't berate, belittle, harass or insult and I try to keep it civil, unlike yourself.

Anyway, I've said all I wanted to you as you're now on my ignore list.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Obviously this thread topic was going to start up some heating controversy. I just got home and I am tired as hell, so I am going to just remind you guys to refrain from personal attacks. Everyone has their own opinions.

If a staff member has removed any posts, it is because they were nice enough to not send out an infraction.
    if this isnt adhered too, then infractions will ensue. Keep it clean. Or take it to PM or PM ME.

33x

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Soldier 95B
    This will be lame if true. I don't mind the ads on the XMB nor the ads in the games (such as the ones on billboards, etc). I don't want these ads to break the games immersion.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    There's ads on the XMB? Never noticed any myself in the UK

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    There's ads on the XMB? Never noticed any myself in the UK
    I can't speak for the UK. In the US we do, but they can be disabled if you don't want them.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I can't speak for the UK. In the US we do, but they can be disabled if you don't want them.
    I've never seen an ad on the PS XMB and I live in the US. I think the PlayStation Store is the only place that ads show up but not directly on the XMB.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    I've never seen an ad on the PS XMB and I live in the US. I think the PlayStation Store is the only place that ads show up but not directly on the XMB.
    That is what I was referring to. The flyouts on the XMB. What's New, etc.

Extreme Poster
    That is what I was referring to. The flyouts on the XMB. What's New, etc.
    Ads of apps on PS3, Home, movies or games from the store...

Not shaving creams, car insurance, cell phone, deodrant, hair trimmer ones.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Ads of apps on PS3, Home, movies or games from the store...

Not shaving creams, car insurance, cell phone, deodrant, hair trimmer ones.
    Ads are ads. I have also seen sponsored ads on the xmb.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Never had ads on XMB here.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Never had ads on XMB here.
    Must be Sony America only doing ads on the XMB if they are not in Japan or Europe. I wonder why they would only choose America?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Wow lol.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    There is still people $#@!ing about OtherOS? LMAO its a $#@!ing games console, buy a damn PC if you want that $#@!.

That is the simple fact of the matter. The PS3 is a games console at its core. Can you still play games? YES, move along.

Frankly I would take all the features Sony added post launch with FW updates over pointless crap like OtherOS, and they aren't the first to have online passes...and even that is to stop the secondhand market. (Which I disdain).
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 05-30-2012 at 16:31.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

27. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Ads are ads. I have also seen sponsored ads on the xmb.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    Not really ads, Soldier. They just bring what exists on the PSN store and other applications that you install to your system to one area for us to access.

Even if you want to argue that they are ads, the user has to click on 'What's New' or go over it in order to see them. They are definitely not intrusive.

We don't see ads like McDonalds...

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Yeah, if you want to complain about ads you should be complaining about how the 360s still has ads on it even if you PAY for Gold.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

30. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Not really ads, Soldier. They just bring what exists on the PSN store and other applications that you install to your system to one area for us to access.

Even if you want to argue that they are ads, the user has to click on 'What's New' or go over it in order to see them. They are definitely not intrusive.

This. There are no ads anywhere on the XMB that are visible on start-up and the only way you can see an ad is if you go to the What's New section which shows more than just ads on it. It's not an American thing because it just isn't there.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    There are ads.

I never said the ads were intrusive, and I never complained about them on the XMB because I can disable them.

We have seen sponsored ads, in What's New for example. Coke sponsored a competition in Madden for example, and it was a Coke ad taking you to Madden/Coke competition details.

You are welcome to think they are not ads. I am not here to change your mind. Just stating what shows up on the XMB that is in our household. Ads (well, not now that I turned them off)

Yeah, if you want to complain about ads you should be complaining about how the 360s still has ads on it even if you PAY for Gold.
    Let's not drag that into the thread. Feel free to talk about that in the 360 section so our thread is not derailed. (btw, I agree...sucks having ads on an online service that you pay for).

Thread Information