Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

Naughty Dog founder Jason Rubin appointed THQ president

Jason Rubin, one of Uncharted studio Naughty Dog's founders, is the new president of THQ.

He takes on the role with immediate effect and will be responsible for all product development, marketing and publishing operations.

While at Naughty Dog, which he set up out of high school in 1984 with chum Andy Gavin, Rubin co-created Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter among other franchises. He left the studio in 2004 to set up "media mashup tool" Flektor, which was later sold to Fox.

"Jason's proven track record in the industry speaks for itself, and he is one of the brightest minds in the business," commented CEO Brian Farrell.

"We believe he can be a game changer and can contribute immensely to executing on our strategy of delivering quality connected core game experiences."

Rubin inherits a streamlined slate that includes Darksiders 2, Saint's Row: The Third - Enter the Dominatrix, Company of Heroes 2, Metro: Last Light, South Park: The Game and WWE '13.

THQ recently announced that it had dropped Tomonobu Itagaki actioner Devil's Third, while its planned Warhammer MMO is being scaled back to a more traditional affair.

In other THQ HR news, Rubin's entrance coincides with Danny Bilson's exit. The publisher's lively core games boss is leaving to "pursue other interests". Boo, we liked him.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-thq-president

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    THQ needs all the help it can get.
    Really looking forward to
    -Darksiders II
    -Metro: Last Light
    -South Park: The Stick of Truth

RIP Oculus Rift

Veteran
    That is a very bitter dude. Especially after he left Naughty Dog, then they blew up big.

You ever heard that dude talk about it?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    mehh, he can't help all those teams dev the game. I see nothing changing for thq

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX

Naughty Dog founder Jason Rubin appointed THQ president

Jason Rubin, one of Uncharted studio Naughty Dog's founders, is the new president of THQ.

He takes on the role with immediate effect and will be responsible for all product development, marketing and publishing operations.

While at Naughty Dog, which he set up out of high school in 1984 with chum Andy Gavin, Rubin co-created Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter among other franchises. He left the studio in 2004 to set up "media mashup tool" Flektor, which was later sold to Fox.

"Jason's proven track record in the industry speaks for itself, and he is one of the brightest minds in the business," commented CEO Brian Farrell.

"We believe he can be a game changer and can contribute immensely to executing on our strategy of delivering quality connected core game experiences."

Rubin inherits a streamlined slate that includes Darksiders 2, Saint's Row: The Third - Enter the Dominatrix, Company of Heroes 2, Metro: Last Light, South Park: The Game and WWE '13.

THQ recently announced that it had dropped Tomonobu Itagaki actioner Devil's Third, while its planned Warhammer MMO is being scaled back to a more traditional affair.

In other THQ HR news, Rubin's entrance coincides with Danny Bilson's exit. The publisher's lively core games boss is leaving to "pursue other interests". Boo, we liked him.
    Source

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

6. Likes TreKKiker likes this post
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Jason, you're from ND so I trust you. But I swear to God I will come after you if you touch Relic studios or their Warhammer 40k games!
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Odd move.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Hey Blacksite Nitey posted this earlier bro
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-THQ-president

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    Hey Blacksite Nitey posted this earlier bro
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-THQ-president
    Wow, my bad. Haha. I'll just merge this thread with Nitey's.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Guru
    I'm sure Jason will bring THQ to new heights. He's the founder of Naughty Dog after all. The most talented studio in the business.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I'm sure Jason will bring THQ to new heights. He's the founder of Naughty Dog after all. The most talented studio in the business.
    ND isnt good cause of one man, its a team of talent. Also doesnt help THQ doesnt really have that many "must have" titles. I dont see this helping THQ much, if at all.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

13. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Dislikes HellsJester dislikes this post
    Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    ND isnt good cause of one man, its a team of talent. Also doesnt help THQ doesnt really have that many "must have" titles. I dont see this helping THQ much, if at all.
    Many people disagree with you. South Park the game, Metro: Last Light, Darksiders 2, Saint's Row 3/expansion, Company of Heroes 2 (sequel to the highest ever rated RTS).

BTW, Saints Row 3 has currently sold over 4.5 million copies but I'm sure you're right that everyone agrees that all their games suck.

15. Likes HellsJester likes this post
    Dislikes AaronSOLDIER dislikes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I would not want to dip my foot in that toxic pond. Can't remember the last time I had any interest in a THQ game.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Hopefully he does a good job.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Hopefully he does a good job.
    If not, I pray that Saints Row is somehow sold to Rock Star.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Uhm, sure, but was has he done for me lately? He wasn't part of what put ND on the map, which is undoubtedly the Uncharted franchise. Not to say that Crash Bandicoot and J & D weren't decent franchises, they just weren't Uncharted type franchises IMHO.

So since 2004 he did what, Well him and Andy created Flektor. I'm sorry, but who in the gaming word gives a rats ass about Flektor.

Maybe he does have it, maybe he doesn't, but I'm not going to credit him as being a super genius of ND which is now famous for Uncharted when he had nothing to do with Uncharted's success, and he's been out of the gaming industry for 8yrs.

Good luck to him though.

20. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Uhm, sure, but was has he done for me lately? He wasn't part of what put ND on the map, which is undoubtedly the Uncharted franchise. Not to say that Crash Bandicoot and J & D weren't decent franchises, they just weren't Uncharted type franchises IMHO.

So since 2004 he did what, Well him and Andy created Flektor. I'm sorry, but who in the gaming word gives a rats ass about Flektor.

Maybe he does have it, maybe he doesn't, but I'm not going to credit him as being a super genius of ND which is now famous for Uncharted when he had nothing to do with Uncharted's success, and he's been out of the gaming industry for 8yrs.

Good luck to him though.
    I'm thinking they brought him on board to sell the company. See the links and excerpts below.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...29-713904.html

Notable parts of the Wall Street Journal article that support my supposition:

"Rubin also co-founded Flektor, a media-mashup tool, which was acquired in 2007 by Fox Interactive Media, a division of News Corp."

"THQ said it also appointed Jason Kay, who co-founded Flektor with Rubin, as its new chief strategy officer. "

http://www.kay2ventures.com/about.htm

"Kay2 Ventures is a business consulting and investment firm based in Los Angeles, California. Its two principals, Jason and Philip Kay, are passionate entrepreneurs, investors and advisors with over 40 years of combined experience starting, growing and selling companies."

Ultimate Veteran
    Maybe he can get thq to make great games again

Thread Information