Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

59 Year Old Man, Robs A Bank for $1,( so he can recieve healthcare in jail)

James Richard Verone, who is charged with the $1 robbery of a RBC Bank in North Carolina, has never been in trouble with the law before.

Mr Verone, who was unemployed and facing several health problems, walked into the bank and handed the bank teller a note that read: This is a bank robbery. Please give me $1.

He then sat in the bank waiting for the police to arrive.

The 59-year-old, who had no health insurance, has a growth on his chest, two ruptured disks and a problem with his left foot, said he committed the robbery because he believed prison was the best place he could go to for medical attention.

"I'm sort of a logical person and that was my logic. That is what I came up with," he said.

sauce

fair play to the guy, pretty ingenious. But when citizens are forced to go to these lengths to get access to healthcare surely you realise something is wrong.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Poor guy, to go to those lengths just to be healthy. I have come to take the national health insurance here in Austria for granted I think. Everyone here gets full insurance as part of their taxes.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Unbound Mercenary
    This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Prison should not hand out medical help for free. If a person has a medical condition, then commits a crime and get put in prison, fuck him. He should have not committed the crime in the first place.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

4. Dislikes Admartian , LfCpS3, Lebowski , Cybertox , Mael Duin, BBK.. , Wrath , Dave-The-Rave is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Prison should not hand out medical help for free. If a person has a medical condition, then commits a crime and get put in prison, fuck him. He should have not committed the crime in the first place.
    ...I will never get the American approach to healthcare, and why they support their system. Seems they just don't give a fuck about their fellow man. As long as they can pay their own insurance they just don't care.

"Fuck him"..seriously? "Fuck him"!!? The fact that the poor guy had to resort to this speaks volumes, and he has my full support for beating the system. He'll get his medical attention now, there'll be consequences.. but at least he'll have his health.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

6. Likes Itachi , Admartian , Fijiandoce, LfCpS3, *goo, Cybertox , Ghost , Wrath wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes Kwes is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Sorry, I don't support a person breaking the law and abusing the system to get a free handout. Guess its just me.

And the American way is, as it should be. If you want something, get it for yourself. If you can't, don't expect someone else to give it to you.

8. Dislikes Dave-The-Rave is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Sorry, I don't support a person breaking the law and abusing the system to get a free handout. Guess its just me.

And the American way is, as it should be. If you want something, get it for yourself. If you can't, don't expect someone else to give it to you.
    As much as I love America, it's this attitude that makes me want to vomit sometimes.

You do realize that your "system" was set up by ordinary people, not gods? And it just so happens that these people showed their middle fingers to those that can't afford to live by the "system".

And that's exactly why the European "systems" are so much better in that we actually care about our people and don't tell them to go die from their injuries and diseases if they don't come up with the money.

This is a giant fuck-up and America should be ashamed for letting this happen.

10. Likes Svetlana, Fijiandoce, Dave-The-Rave wishes they had posted this first.
    Unbound Mercenary
    Its not so much that I against the healthcare on the outside. But why should prisoners of any kind receive a better life then the people not been found guilty of a crime?

If so, fuck, I'll just go murder a few people and be set for life.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Its not so much that I against the healthcare on the outside. But why should prisoners of any kind receive a better life then the people not been found guilty of a crime?

If so, fuck, I'll just go murder a few people and be set for life.
    You still don't get that a $1 (!) bank "robbery" is not as much of a crime as it is a scream for help...

This should act as a wake-up call for you guys.

13. Likes Two4DaMoney , Itachi , Dave-The-Rave , Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Dislikes Kwes is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You still don't get that a $1 (!) bank "robbery" is not as much of a crime as it is a scream for help...

This should act as a wake-up call for you guys.
    No, its encouragement that committing a crime, gets you more things then being just a normal citizen.

"you guys"? Obama is the assfuck that is screwing our country over. I can't do shit about anything.

15. Dislikes Two4DaMoney , Wrath is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    America spends billions on their military, meanwhile their people are so sick, unhealthy and neglected by the government healthcare wise that they are resorting to crime to get something that every government should be providing their people...I'll never be able to get my head around some things in this world.

17. Likes Mael Duin, Wrath , Dave-The-Rave wishes they had posted this first.
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI

This excuse is a complete joke, some people just don't understand that not everyone in life have the same opportunities. There are many different circumstances in life.
    Trophy-licious!

19. Likes Fon , Mael Duin wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    No, its encouragement that committing a crime, gets you more things then being just a normal citizen.

"you guys"? Obama is the assfuck that is screwing our country over. I can't do shit about anything.
    lol dont blame it on Obama, the assfuckry has been going on way before he took office....and your way of thinking is very flawed buddy but hey, "You're an American"...FUCK YEAAH!
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 05-31-2012 at 13:08.

21. Likes Two4DaMoney , $Greatness$ , Ghost , Wrath , Dave-The-Rave wishes they had posted this first.
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    lol dont blame it on Obama, your country has been fuck way before he took office
    Yeah the fact of the matter is that any president is going to be flawed especially when they have to constantly walk a tightrope to keep extremists on both sides happy..even though it'll never happen.

Then the whole country kicks up a fuss, complains and hires some new guy that will "fix everything"...and what do you know? The same thing happens again.
    Trophy-licious!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    yup...wash, rinse, repeat...

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat

Then you need to sort out normal life then.

Also this predates Obama. Prisoners got healthcare for decades

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Unbound Mercenary
    lol dont blame it on Obama, the assfuckry has been going on way before he took office....and your way of thinking is very flawed buddy but hey, "You're an American"...FUCK YEAAH!
    Who are you to say that? I think your way of thinking is very flawed. Its called having a different opinion.

And yes, the assfuckery has been going on since the first president took office, and will continue until the last. Obama has just added to the shit pile.

Forum Sage

Fair play to the guy. If I had that level of creative thinking and was in a situation like that i'd do the same

27. Likes Dave-The-Rave wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Obama try and establish nationwide healthcare? Have I got my wires crossed on that one?

And he did just that. He saw what he could get by committing a crime, and he did it. And now he's a healthier man because of it. Seems the "American way" works just fine.

30. Likes Two4DaMoney , Ghost , Wrath wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Good for this guy. Our healthcare system is a mess. It leaves so many people behind and the worst thing about it is no one seems to care. Sad really.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

32. Likes Dave-The-Rave wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizaru View Post
    And he did just that. He saw what he could get by committing a crime, and he did it. And now he's a healthier man because of it. Seems the "American way" works just fine.
    It is the land of opportunity. He saw one, and took it.

34. Likes Two4DaMoney , Dave-The-Rave wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru

Surely, he did?

Assuming he had no money to pay for insurance, he clearly weighed up his options and took the best approach to get medical attention.

Oh, he also gets a roof over his head and free food too.

36. Likes sainraja wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    This is absurd...

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Whats he got to loose, only his life.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    If you want something, get it for yourself.
    Which is exactly what he did lol. If his intentions were truly criminal, he would bring a gun, hold up the bank teller at gunpoint and tell him/her "give me all the money from the bank, don't push the silent alarm" bam. Sure what he did was wrong in the eyes of the law, but from all our POV's, this guy just wanted to save himself. And it's a one dollar, which I'm sure he's giving back to the back and going to jail for it. You think he's the first person to do this? Some homeless people commit worse acts of violent crimes just so they can have a place to sleep and eat in prison.

I appreciate this guy's bravery and dedication for trying to save his own life with the heath problems he has. Yes, it IS taking advantage of the system. But he's just getting his payback, because the system already takes advantage of its citizens, excluding the rich. So a teeny weeny little dollar will not hurt the balance.

Thread Information