PSN ID
    rikboone87

Rage

Is it worth getting for 8?

2. Likes dcalhoun93 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If it's the Anarchy Edition, then yep.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by rikboone87 View Post
    Is it worth getting for 8?
    If im right thats like $13, which for me.. any game is worth that as long as its 5 hours or longer. I'd try the demo of it, if its still on the PSN. It was pretty good, got Rage when it was $30 cause of it.. but for some reason I have yet to play it

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    If it's the Anarchy Edition, then yep.
    You can buy the "anarchy Edition" add-on on the PSN for $2, so its not like your saving much. lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post

You can buy the "anarchy Edition" add-on on the PSN for $2, so its not like your saving much. lol
    Yeah but for that price, it should have it. I saw the Anarchy Edition, sealed, at wal-mart for $19.98 (with bs tax of course) in their game discount section. I like to buy my games complete, and the Anarchy Edition came out the same day as the reg.

Elite Guru
    It's by id Software so yes, it's worth picking up.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

7. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    It was an alright game. I bought the comics that came out for it. I dont think it lived up to the hype but I still thought that it was alright. And especially for around 10 bucks thats a deal!
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

PSN ID
    Crash--Overide
    Ive had Rage for ages and when I first got it LOVED IT but other games took over as they do with me anyways. Yesterday was playing some of my older games which included Rage and now addicted again forgot how good it was

PSN ID
    jack1982cp
    Yeah it's worth about that much. Unfortunately I paid full price for it at launch. It's an extremely linear and ordinary shooter that seems like a bunch of item-collecting sidequests with no main quest. There's some dune buggy racing as well, but that gets old quick.

If you're a huge fan of anything and everything shooter, you'll probably enjoy it.

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Double post.
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 06-03-2012 at 14:13.

Forum Guru
    Definitely for 8quid.
    Nice run for the plat too if you can survive 5 finger fillet! That drove me insane

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    A lot people say it was short, but I'm clocked at 13 hours in and I only got to the 2nd part of another city (there's a flying sequence that takes you to a new town/city) I like doing every small thing first, then the main quest missions because by then I will have good weapons and armor or health upgrades.

Dedicated Member
    It's a great game, so yeah you should pick up. The graphics, artstyle, animations, voicework, and gameplay are awesome. It really is one of the most beautiful games this generation at times. However you should expect some serious texture pop-ins in big wide open areas that have a ton of textures, but when everyone loads in it'll look fantastic. Also all the different characters and factions look awesome and they seem really interesting, sadly this is no fallout or skyrim, there is hardly any background story present for anything. Also, you will be underwhelmed by the abrupt ending. All that said it's a high quality game, but a flawed game at that. Personally I really hope they make a sequel, especially if they fix all the bad things about Rage.

[EDIT]

People say it's short because they're comparing it to Fallout 3 and other similar FPS RPG type games. The thing is that Rage is really just a fancy shooter with a great vehicle combat setup.

Also the abrupt ending makes you feel like they left out a third or fourth of the game.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 06-03-2012 at 17:30.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Definitely for 8quid.
    Nice run for the plat too if you can survive 5 finger fillet! That drove me insane
    If I recall right that can be "cheated" by pausing the game and seeing what to push lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Rage is an amazing game. Pick it up.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    If I recall right that can be "cheated" by pausing the game and seeing what to push lol
    I tried that and still couldn't do it i couldn't get in a rhythm pausing/restarting. Even so, however you earns this trophy it's well deserved cuz it stinks lol

PSN ID
    (none)
    I think I'm going to get this. Probably should get Killzone 2 first, though.
    Last edited by dcalhoun93; 06-05-2012 at 17:28.
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

Superior Member
    Graphics are amazing, voice acting is fantastic, however it is a pretty bland corridor shooter of sorts and nothing too mind-blowing.

I'm a fan of racers and vehicular combat as well, that aspect I found to be entertaining.

For that price, hell yes buy it.

20. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    It was fun. It's extremely pretty, the racing component is handled fairly well. The story is a bit generic and bland, and the combat is a decent to good for a shooter but not exceptional. Though some of the gadgets you can build, and the wing sticks can be fun.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    just bought this game 2 days ago and for $14.99 at gamestop, perfect price for this game. imo what a deal o.O

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I purchased this a while ago at 7 or something. Haven't played it yet though. How you finding it so far Bigdoggy, assuming you've played it?

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    well, for $14.99 (usa money of course) it was a very very good deal. Even though the game is old enough to be cheaper, for what the game is Vs. the price, it's a steal imo.

I like the game, it's a solid fps/racer mix, pretty abstract in terms of graphics and atmosphere which is what I like to see., but in my opinion of course this game is definitely not worth $60. it's worth about half that.

25. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    well, for $14.99 (usa money of course) it was a very very good deal. Even though the game is old enough to be cheaper, for what the game is Vs. the price, it's a steal imo.

I like the game, it's a solid fps/racer mix, pretty abstract in terms of graphics and atmosphere which is what I like to see., but in my opinion of course this game is definitely not worth $60. it's worth about half that.
    Yeah I bought the game on release and while I loved the game I questioned my purchase afterward. If the game were longer, more climactic, and had a much better story, and maybe even a real multiplayer or maybe more coop stuff, then I could have easily justified $60 dollars. The game just feels likes chunk of it is missing. Hopefully the eventual sequel rights all the wrongs of its predecessor.

Thread Information