Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Actually more like an open beta
    Oh yea my bad Open Beta, if it's an open beta doesn't that mean we won't need codes to gain entry? Should be available for everyone in the PSN store, right?

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Oh yea my bad Open Beta, if it's an open beta doesn't that mean we won't need codes to gain entry? Should be available for everyone in the PSN store, right?
    No closed beta = internal+ few others open beta = internal+ invites and public= no code

Thank you itachi

Superior Member
    Just got myself a code via the PS Home E3 event. Was pretty damn easy, albeit a little time-consuming. You're going to want to complete all 12 of the E3 trivia quizzes/fetch quests, then head on over to the DUST area.

Once inside, watch all 4 of the videos, then head on over to the Slay game. You don't even have to win in order to receive a code, just keep pressing L1 until its over, then go back to the video section and you should see your code.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    Just got myself a code via the PS Home E3 event. Was pretty damn easy, albeit a little time-consuming. You're going to want to complete all 12 of the E3 trivia quizzes/fetch quests, then head on over to the DUST area.

Once inside, watch all 4 of the videos, then head on over to the Slay game. You don't even have to win in order to receive a code, just keep pressing L1 until its over, then go back to the video section and you should see your code.
    Thanks! That plus the mammoth home update I will no doubt have to do is definitely time consuming

S. Vettel challenges on GT5- 3 Golds, all using DS3
    I think that makes me the best DS3 user on GT5 in the whole PSU, but I'm open to challenges

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Other_
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I'm very interested in this. I'm interested in seeing how it affects Eve Online (where I also have a character since 2004). I was hoping to get a beta through my eve online account, alas, no such luck. Never known CCP do anything by half though so I expect big things
    You'd be surprised to know how much EVE players are actually scared that Dust 514 might shake things up too much. But CCP knows this, and is still building the game to be extraordinarily bad-ass.

This is what I love about CCP: they pull out the most ridiculous, hard to achieve ideas, and are still super confident that they can not only get those ideas working, but make them profitable.

At first, everyone thought Dust 514 was too crazy to work. Now everyone wants in.

Follow me on Twitter @DonOther

Superior Member
    My concern was that DUST would take the focus off of EVE, in terms of updates/expansion packs/etc.

Hopefully this isn't EVE's "NGE" event. Then again, I haven't played it for some time.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post

$#@!ing hell that sounds like too much work to get a code.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Banned
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Oliveira View Post
    You'd be surprised to know how much EVE players are actually scared that Dust 514 might shake things up too much. But CCP knows this, and is still building the game to be extraordinarily bad-ass.

This is what I love about CCP: they pull out the most ridiculous, hard to achieve ideas, and are still super confident that they can not only get those ideas working, but make them profitable.

At first, everyone thought Dust 514 was too crazy to work. Now everyone wants in.
    Eve players are a fickle bunch. When DUST comes out there will be 15 threads that will slate it to death (as there are with ANY change in Eve, minor or otherwise) and 2.5k replies in each, every other one of which will be "Can I have your stuff"

Six months after it's out all the detractors will have moved on to something else (some ship attracting attention for a nerf because it's too uber in some way) and people will be filling the forums with a truckload of enhancement requests in patch updates.

The only thing more more flakey than mining for ICE in null sec are the Eve players themselves (yeah I'm one so I'm included in that generalisation). Sometimes there's more drama outside of Eve than in it lol

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Awesome! Just got me a beta code via PS Home. (took 5 minutes)

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    EviL_JoE_DirT
    Items Final Fantasy VII
    12 trivia e3 quizzes. WTF. No wonder. they never mention that. And you don't have to beat the slayer game... just wasted a crap load of time to beat it. That's truly pissifying. Well, at least a got a avatar costume that ill never bother with.
    Games playing: nothing Games anticapating: H-Hour: World's Elite, Destiny, Elder Scrolls Online, Planetside 2, MGS5, FFXV, FFXIV, FF X HD, Witcher 3, Rime, War Thunder, Dying Light, ME4, Uncharted

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Holy $#@! this game is cool!! I had a few rounds and it has SO much potential, it's crazy. It still needs a lot of work of course, but the foundations of this game, and it's ties to EVE and what that can mean is really amazing.

Veteran
    I just wasted some good time doing the whole Home $#@! deal, only to find out there are no more beta keys available.

Superior Member
    Awesome game so far! And this is an early, early beta version. I'm sure the full product will be fantastic.

Banned
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Holy $#@! this game is cool!! I had a few rounds and it has SO much potential, it's crazy. It still needs a lot of work of course, but the foundations of this game, and it's ties to EVE and what that can mean is really amazing.
    Bloody hell, it's like starting eve all over again. I haven't managed to get my head around it all yet and I couldn't even reliably fire the weapon you get as a Shock trooper. Such a $#@!ing dullard I am. Love that the menu icons and features are almost the same as they in Eve

​aka Sparc

Administrator
    Is it currently tied to EVE? Can you order in the air strikes and such already?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bishop View Post
    Is it currently tied to EVE? Can you order in the air strikes and such already?
    Not that I'm aware of. It seems quite limited at the moment. Having said that, I haven't had time to really sink my claws into it yet. I've played a few rounds, will get into it again this weekend and leave CCP some feedback.

Administrator
    Not that I'm aware of. It seems quite limited at the moment. Having said that, I haven't had time to really sink my claws into it yet. I've played a few rounds, will get into it again this weekend and leave CCP some feedback.
    I'm pulling every string I have to try to get in there. Hopefully something pans out and I can join up and get really started.

I can't believe I missed this game... wasn't giving it hardly any attention admittedly.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm pulling every string I have to try to get in there. Hopefully something pans out and I can join up and get really started.

I can't believe I missed this game... wasn't giving it hardly any attention admittedly.
    I remember seeing it at E3 last year. I was shocked that a console game would have such integration with a PC game and that it would be free. Then there were a few trailers out for it which showed the whole commercial merc side of it, where you have to buy all your stuff and I knew something funky was brewing haha.

The beta is quite rough at the moment. it is very laggy for me, and the aiming feels a little stiff. I haven't tweaked the options though so I may just need to sort the sensitivity. The merc hub that you have is cool, your lil dorm where you can sort all your $#@! out.

For a free game I think Dust is the $#@!. I look forward to seeing it grow and develop over the years.

Banned
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix

There's a DUST514 chat channel in Eve. I'll ask if anyone has a spare Beta key when I'm on later. Can't promise anyone will but worth a shot I guess.

​aka Sparc

Administrator
    I'm doing my best to get a few codes that we can give away on here as well. Stay tuned, hopefully we can get a crew going in there.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I'll sexually please whoever gives me a beta key.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I'll sexually please whoever gives me a beta key.
    Wow, so this day could get a whole lot better...

23. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Wow, so this day could get a whole lot better...
    Lol have fun mr bishop, have fun

Thank you itachi

I would love a beta key if anyone is able to spare one! cheers

Soldier 95B
    If all it takes is giving head to get a code, unzip $#@!es!

Thread Information