Finally picked the game up today, and will be playing it starting tonight (campaign). Got the PS3 version....gonna ROCK out with my COCK out!
Latest PSU headlines:
Results 176 to 188 of 188
So far, so good. To start with, as soon as I put the game in, I was prompted for an update. It was a 208mb download and install. After that completed, I was then prompted with the game install, which I waited for as well. Seems like we are getting PC experiences on a console with all this patching and installing. Nothing I will lose sleep over. But the era of slapping in the disk and just playing is long over it seems.
The UI and title screens (as well as loading screens) are reminiscent of Call of Duty Classic. Simple, subtle and yet very professional and easy to read. Much better than the in your FACE menu screens of BF3. Starting the game up was very simple. You are prompted to press START. Once you do that, you can choose to start Single Player, Multilplayer, Playstation Store or Credits. Single player let me choose my difficulty, and then you are off like a prom dress, playing the campaign. For the record, I am playing on EASY on my first battle through the game.
Being that I am so early in the game, I am not doing a review. I am just pointing out some things I noticed. I will try to sort them in a pro/con listing. Spoilers MAY FOLLOW:
- Cut scenes, graphically, are probably some of the best I have seen this gen. By that I mean, the realism of the characters appearance, blinking, finger movements, typing, eye shifting and overall graphical appearance.
- Breach menu is a nice dial that let's you unlock items as you get headshots while breaching. A nice touch.
- Using L2 to "peek/pop" is a very nice feature, and once I learned how to use it, I have been using it extensively.
- Swapping between the different scope hybrid modes is nice. It's not almost instant like it is in COD MW3. It actually takes time and LOOKS real.
- Like BF3, you do need to compensate for bullet drop when using a sniper. Sometimes I had to line up 3 clicks below the line.
- Game graphics are excellent. I love the destruction in the game, all the debris, random pieces breaking, falling or floating.
- During some of the game I am given infinite ammo. Not sure if it is based on the weapon, or my difficulty level. But it is not always infinite. While NOT realistic, I do enjoy it!
- Controls are typical for sprinting, zoom, jumping/climbing, weapon swapping. This makes it very easy to get into the game without having to fumble. However, the game prompts you with a tutorial at the start to help you get to know the controls
- The enemy AI is good, even on easy!
- Loading times are quicker than what I experienced in many games this past year
- Some bugs. First bug I experienced was very early in the game. You need to paint a building to bring it down. That worked fine. But what follows is you and your team going under the building. First time I tried to go under the building, my team was down there with me. All were sitting behind cover, clearly waiting for me to trigger the next scene. But nothing was triggered. I walked every place I could, and nothing was happening, other than me getting exercise. Well, I found some beat up steps, and I tried to walk up them. Well it told me I was leaving the mission area and I had 3 seconds to get back. Well, I didn't get back down those stairs in 3 seconds, and I died. Screen when to loading....and stayed black....after about 3 minutes of black, it was clear that the game was frozen. XMB worked fine, so I quit out of game and went back in and did resume campaign.SO, no biggie. I start from last check point, which was painting the target again. I did that no problem, just like last time. THIS TIME, as I enter the area to go under the building again (same place as last time), the game then went to a tiny cut scene where it put me in a drive-able drone. Clearly the first time, the game really fucked up, because now that I was in the drone, all was working well.
- Second bug, which is common, at least for me. Floating map items. If I shoot someone that is behind cover and they are blind firing, sometimes they die, but their weapon is still up in the air, lol. Also, sometimes when there is fabrics or flags, you can see them floating in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes a building will draw itself back in, allowing you to see that they are actually attached to something. Sometimes, they are just out and about!
- Next bug. Some items will float through your body. Case in point, during some of the flood scene, I made it in front of a random boat that was floating, and it went right through me like a poltergeist
- Ok....I am not complaining about having military shooters having DRIVING scenes. Especially when it is like the ones in COD where it is tanks, snowmobiles, etc. Or hummers with turrets in say, Operation Flashpoint Red River. But in this game, where you are chasing someone, with no weapons or shooting, just driving fast through the city streets and alleys, with a pre-determined impact area, it's a BIG WASTE of my time. I don't care of the mud splashes on the windshield and my windshield wipers turn on....leave that for DIRT...or even GTA. But come on, seriously? THAT is a waste of a mission.
- Friendly AI can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn. Not a big deal, since I like to do most of the work, but if you are going to have AI, especially on EASY, you would think they would do more work.
I don't want to complain about the environment YET. So far, I am enjoying it, but I am hoping we get some desert fighting like we did in the first MoH. That was one of my most favorite campaign's this gen, if not favorite.
So far, game is great overall.
daLa wants to slowly undress this post.
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Nudity Hoovering
- Rep Power
- 4,148 (0 Banked)
Thats floaty item bug you mention seems to be a charcteristic of Frostbite, I see it alot in BF3.
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Rep Power
- 10,298 (42,717 Banked)
All the things i heard and read about the game were negative. Looks like another EA failure which isnt a surprise.
I think this game just gets a bad rep because the people who review the game expect it to handle like a call of duty game. This game plays well. Its fairly balanced. None off the kill streaks are overpowered, especially if your team and fire squad work together. Speaking of which I think the fire squad system is one of the most pleasant surprises of recent memory for fps. The only glitches I've encountered is no reload animation sometimes and an issue with mics if you don't sync it before you load the game. The graphics aren't the best, but they're hardly bad. So far this game is very enjoyable.
some people in this topic are reviewing the single player part of the game. the graphics in the single player are night and day to the graphics in multiplayer. don't let anyone tell you otherwise. if you like SP more then multiplayer you may like this game. But I, on the other hand get these games for the multiplayer part of the game which quite frankly sucks and the graphics within the MP part of the game are muddy and choppy. I am not a person to complain about graphics but the mp part of this game doesn't come close to BF3 in terms of a clean look. it's a very rusty, muddy, choppy look that has turned off a lot of potential buyers.
I played the single player part of the game not to long ago which is good, before that I tried the MP which I personally think is garbage. if review scores are giving this game a 6/10 or 2/5, it's rightfully deserved.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)