Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Does it still take a whole clip to down an enemy? That's the main thing that pissed me off about two. That and the fact that they could see and hear you from about 2 miles away.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Does it still take a whole clip to down an enemy? That's the main thing that pissed me off about two. That and the fact that they could see and hear you from about 2 miles away.

Both of those have been changed, killing and sneaking is a lot easier, maybe too easy.

I preferred FC2 damage and stealth :P, more challenging.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Both of those have been changed, killing and sneaking is a lot easier, maybe too easy.

I preferred FC2 damage and stealth :P, more challenging.
    haha, one of very few strengths of FC2 in comparison!

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by ElieKatz$#@! View Post
    so who else thinks they should make a movie out of this game?
    Only if Uwe Boll directs it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by .RAID3N. View Post
    Only if Uwe Boll directs it...

Holy...I was about to reply with exactly the opposite...only if Uwe Boll DOESN'T direct it

Soldier 95B
    Anyone here play FarCry Instincts on Xbox AND play FarCry 3? If so, can you comment on any similarities?

Also, how is the custom mapmaking? Is it true, no vehicles in matchmaking online with custom maps?

Apprentice

FC3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> instincts!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Anyone here play FarCry Instincts on Xbox AND play FarCry 3? If so, can you comment on any similarities?

Also, how is the custom mapmaking? Is it true, no vehicles in matchmaking online with custom maps?
    I only dabbled with Instincts at a friend's house so I can't comment there, only that this one SEEMS better from my limited experiece with Instincts. As for the editor, its awesome but it IS true that there are no vehicles in matchmaking.

Apprentice

It's really fun without vehicles tho

Forum Elder
    Got it for christmas, I am excited like a kid for morning lol..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Got it for christmas, I am excited like a kid for morning lol..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    I got it for Christmas too

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Soldier 95B
    Got the game yesterday. Loving it. I hated Far Cry 2 so this is a nice improvement.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Items Dark Souls CoverMuseSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by avangeline View Post
    The game better have hugely improved AI that only knows your last seen position, and can't see you through dense jungle & from a kilometer away.
    It does. Although, I've noticed a few times I'll be high up on a hill sniping with a silencer and they can still eventually find me. But there is a 'detection meter' that lets you know how close you are to being detected. Crouching in grass usually resets it, meaning you can get pretty close without being seen if you are in the grass.

Huge improvement from Far Cry 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Birbiglia
    Why would you go talk about computers when you could stay here and go skiing and your skis will be french toast sticks!

Apprentice

Got the game yesterday. Loving it. I hated Far Cry 2 so this is a nice improvement.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, 10x better than FC2!

Soldier 95B
    I can tell this will be a game that I need to go BACK into and finish side missions and collect items. The game is much bigger than I anticipated.

BTW, if you find all the radio towers for free weapons, will that eventually unlock ALL the weapons? And how do I get more than $2000 in my wallet. I show that I can make a wallet, but it only holds $2000...but some weapons are $2400 for example.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can tell this will be a game that I need to go BACK into and finish side missions and collect items. The game is much bigger than I anticipated.

BTW, if you find all the radio towers for free weapons, will that eventually unlock ALL the weapons? And how do I get more than $2000 in my wallet. I show that I can make a wallet, but it only holds $2000...but some weapons are $2400 for example.
    You just collect the hides needed and craft a bigger wallet. 10 000$ is the max.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Apprentice

So what do you folks think who just got it for Xmas??

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    You just collect the hides needed and craft a bigger wallet. 10 000$ is the max.
    Awesome thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Apprentice

I have just finished the game,I got it on release, the insane edition for free from Game(long story).. It is one the best games I have ever played on my ps3 and I have played loads. Haven't touched online,but single player I can't fault it.
    The ending has 2 endings, so its worth playing through again to see the alternative ending IMO. Enjoy those of you who have just received it.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I'm too busy playing Absolution. Once I complete all the challenges for the next level I think I'm going to start this game though. I think I'll be more hooked on FC3 so wanted to get some Hitman in before I started.

EDIT: Alright so I've started FC3 and a few hours in. I'm really enjoying it so far, love the actual stealth. I wish more enemies would be around after you've captured an outpost, they seem to be disappearing from the entire area after you have done so.

In the first area you unlock I at least would come across them every now and then, but in the two areas I've unlocked and removed outposts from I haven't seen a single enemy other than when completing side-missions. It's not a huge issue though, I can just not capture other outposts as fast.
    Last edited by ttech10; 12-28-2012 at 00:58. Reason: Update

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I got this for Christmas and I'm loving everything about it besides one nitpick. I hate that they won't let you put more than 1 or 2 attachments on the weapons. Let me extend my clip, add a silencer and scope if I want. Don't limit me to 1 or 2 choices.

I've lost count of how many post I've taken over without being detected. 1500xp for doing such is a nice bonus.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I got this for Christmas and I'm loving everything about it besides one nitpick. I hate that they won't let you put more than 1 or 2 attachments on the weapons. Let me extend my clip, add a silencer and scope if I want. Don't limit me to 1 or 2 choices.

I've lost count of how many post I've taken over without being detected. 1500xp for doing such is a nice bonus.
    That annoys me too. I don't get why a gun can't have all three of those. It just doesn't really make sense. Also, I think the 'Shredder' weapon has more damage than the regular Vector. Annoying since I want to use the gun with a red dot instead of the one it has. Nothing big though.

And yea I've taken all but one outpost silently and all but maybe two undetected. I've had friendlies come driving down the road at the same time I'm trying to take a post and they make it so much easier. I also just got the ability to take down the larger enemies, which is another huge plus of 500XP.

EDIT: Oh, and a new disappointment is money. I got the wallet that holds $10,000 and at the first island I had everything bought (weapons, skins, maps, attachments) well before I could move on to the second. Because so, I have two loot chests in both Vaas' camp and the temple that I could get during the playthrough and I'm not sure I can get them now. The only way I could have removed money was buying body armor (which I did) and buy redundant ammo (which I also did). Thankfully it doesn't look like there's a trophy for that, as the last thing I want to do is completely replay this game for those.
    Last edited by ttech10; 12-30-2012 at 09:22.

Apprentice

That annoys me too but it's such a small part of the game I don't really mind anymore.

Apprentice

It's really fun without vehicles tho
    So true!

Apprentice
    It's not that annoying. If you have the ability to put too many attachments on your guns, it takes away some of the fun factor. Look at COD... in COD4, you had to choose one attachment. I'd say two attachment is okay for Far Cry 3. Maybe three on some guns.

But in FC3, you're on an isolated island. It's somewhat logical that you can't have every attachment on every gun. I know you can buy them, but it makes it more real because you can't attach every attachment on one gun. This adds more strategy to the game. Do I want a super-zoom-scope and a silencer on my sniper rifle, or do I sacrifize the silencer (which is GREAT for sniper rifles and the M14-like assault rifle) and attach - for example - a bigger magazine and a scope that grants me enhanced visibility of enemies in the night?

I think the weapons and the attachments are okay. It's when it gets too complicated that games get unbalanced or even broken (Modern Warfare 2 says hello; although MW2 was unbalanced or even broken because guns had little to no recoil).

Far Cry 3 is by far one of the best games this generation. It's my favourite shooter so far. But it isn't a pure "shooter". In my opinion, it's much more. It's kind of a first person action-adventure game with a sense of survival (the crafting and the overall theme of the game) and RPG elements, although the RPG elements don't come that much from the skill trees and crafting, but more from the immersive first person presentation. The game is very immersive and feels great. It's just a game, yes, but there are moments where you feel completely immersed in the game world.

LOL I had so much fun burning all the weed and the cocaine-packs with the flamethrower in that one mission... Although I thought "Dude, what a shame that all these beautiful plants and those pharmaceutical substances get destroyed". But hey, it wasn't like Jason burned the stuff because he thinks "drugs are bad", but because the guy who owns the fields and the huge piles of cocaine uses the money he gets from selling the stuff to do VERY VERY bad and horrible things. That's why the stuff must be burned. And it's a ton of fun using the flamethrower (and the syringes to get fire immunity and heal yourself) while dubstep plays...

I'm more of a metal (/rock) guy, but I like all kinds of music, but I prefer metal. But if music is good, I'll like it. But for Far Cry 3, the electro and dubstep music, mixed with some orchestral music and other styles, fits the mood of the game perfectly. I'm not a fan of electro and dubstep because they're way overused in trailers and movies these days, but in Far Cry 3 I think it fits perfectly and is cool as hell. I liked the CGI trailer A LOT. It seems to me people like to hate things even if they're good, just because many people like the trailer (for example).

This game is GREAT. Buy it now and play it!

Thread Information