Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Co-operative Multiplayer Trailer

Gamescom 2012 - New Gameplay Reveals 'Outposts'
    Looking very very good

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Official Island Survival Guide: Welcome to the Rook Islands [North America]

SHARKS!!
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Apprentice

i'm going to puke.

Apprentice

SHARKS!!
    Hell yeah!

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    this would be a great 3rd person

Soldier 95B
    Yup all Far Cry games have had a good amount of eye candy and this seems to be no exception.
    FC2 turned to that latest craze...all browns...like MGS4, Gear 2, KZ2. FC1 was far better for eye candy IMO.

I am hoping that FC3 goes back to the roots of FC1 in gameplay. I also would like to see some VIDEO on the map maker STAT.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    FC2 turned to that latest craze...all browns...like MGS4, Gear 2, KZ2. FC1 was far better for eye candy IMO.

I am hoping that FC3 goes back to the roots of FC1 in gameplay. I also would like to see some VIDEO on the map maker STAT.
    TBH KZ2 was more grey than brown, but still looked amazing, still one of the best looking games this gen. Heck i would say it's still better than any game we have seen on the xbox 360!

My main concern with FC3 is that the MP seems to go more in favour of the small infantry only style of COD than the big map with vehicles as we seen in FC2. That would ruin it.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    TBH KZ2 was more grey than brown
    I guess I should have said more of that "mono-tone" look, with the dark color palette of browns and grays. It was a fad for a short period, but luckily we are past that for the most part.

but still looked amazing
    KZ2 looked ok, but KZ3 was better because they added color to the game.

Heck i would say it's still better than any game we have seen on the xbox 360!

My main concern with FC3 is that the MP seems to go more in favour of the small infantry only style of COD than the big map with vehicles as we seen in FC2. That would ruin it.
    The problem I found with FC2 MP was that they introduced too many controls, features and items compared to FC1. FC1 was more popular online because of it's simple ease of getting online, into a game and just playing. The change of direction with FC2 online left us veterans scratching our head wondering what they were thinking. They made some great improvements on the map maker, but the color palette, the item selections made for very monotonous maps. All were different, yet all felt the same.

Here is to hoping the map maker and online in FC3 goes back to its roots.

Master Poster
    I guess I should have said more of that "mono-tone" look, with the dark color palette of browns and grays. It was a fad for a short period, but luckily we are past that for the most part.

KZ2 looked ok, but KZ3 was better because they added color to the game.

The problem I found with FC2 MP was that they introduced too many controls, features and items compared to FC1. FC1 was more popular online because of it's simple ease of getting online, into a game and just playing. The change of direction with FC2 online left us veterans scratching our head wondering what they were thinking. They made some great improvements on the map maker, but the color palette, the item selections made for very monotonous maps. All were different, yet all felt the same.

Here is to hoping the map maker and online in FC3 goes back to its roots.
    There is more to graphics than colours my friend
    The partial effects, the lighting, effects and the textures are still some of the best this gen, KZ3 does look better, but KZ2 is still a really good looking game.

I play almost only on the PC now and every single game i play on the consoles looks like crap, seriously, but KZ2,3 and a few others don't.

I never played FC1, so i am not sure how that was, but i did enjoy the MP for FC2, it was nothing amazing and can be improved, but i hope the improvement is not taking out vehicles, making the maps smaller and adding in perks and other crap like that.
    Last edited by LfCpS3; 08-30-2012 at 21:53.

Soldier 95B
    FarCry 1 color palette:

FarCry 2 color palette:

FarCry 3 color palette:

Last edited by Soldier 95B; 08-30-2012 at 23:10.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is more to graphics than colours my friend The partial effects, the lighting, effects and the textures are still some of the best this gen, KZ3 does look better, but KZ2 is still a really good looking game. I play almost only on the PC now and every single game i play on the consoles looks like crap, seriously, but KZ2,3 and a few others don't. I never played FC1, so i am not sure how that was, but i did enjoy the MP for FC2, it was nothing amazing and can be improved, but i hope the improvement is not taking out vehicles, making the maps smaller and adding in perks and other crap like that.
    None of the Killzones were rendering the kind of draw distances that the Far Cry games have. Not even close. The Killzone games are mostly corridor shooters and even the levels that would open up a little in some areas were dwarfed by games like Far Cry and Halo.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-30-2012 at 23:45.

Superior Member
    Never had much interest in this because Farcry 2 disappointed me in a lot of aspects. But after hearing a friend at work talk about this and seeing that video that was released lately, it has sparked my interest. nice to see the colour palette being somewhat similar to Farcry 1. I enjoyed F1 a lot but never actually beat it years ago, Farcry 3 looks very promising

Playing: Battlefield 3
    Waiting For: GTA V, Battlefield 4

Master Poster
    Im not denying FC3 looks bad, it defiantly is one of the better looking games this gen, without a doubt, i was just talking about KZ2 :P

Thing is the style of colour that was used for KZ2 fitted the game perfectly, just like how the colour palette for Uncharted fits it perfectly. It adds to the style of the game, being a gritty game.

This might sound silly, but to me the FC2 pics gives a feeling of a more dark, serious and realistic game.

The place in which FC3 is set in makes sense for the game to be colourful and vibrant. Same with Crysis and Uncharted.
    ( i know it having these muddy colours might not be realistic)

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    None of the Killzones were rendering the kind of draw distances that the Far Cry games have. Not even close. The Killzone games are mostly corridor shooters and even the levels that would open up a little in some areas were dwarfed by games like Far Cry and Halo.
    I understand this, but im just talking from the point of pure eye candy and graphical achievement. Sure it is a corridor shooter when compared to those games but that does not mean i can't say it does not look better graphically.

I mean at the end of the day, each year when the award for the best graphics is announced, it does not take into account of the scale of the game, just how good the game looks to your eyes, and i though KZ2 looks phenomenal ( and still does)

Im not saying halo or FC look bad, they are also really good looking game, way above average, halo 4 looks pretty sexy!
    Last edited by LfCpS3; 08-31-2012 at 00:00.

Master Poster

Very good video, makes me more hyped!!

Gonna b a long wait.

Superior Member

I wasn't trying to downplay FC3. I will still buy it. I was only trying to say that I won't buy it at launch now because of the time frame. I think alot of people will feel that way. You put your game out after that list of games you better have COD/HALO/GTA following. I don't think this game has that after the let down in FC2.

It is easily one of my most anticipated games of 2012...but after moving from Sept. to Dec....it became one of my most anticipated games of 2013....it had a great release window and I think after the slew of AAA titles coming out before it now....can't help with purchasing fatigue of gamers/parents during the holiday season. I mean it had a stand alone release window...and now...its very very crowded. I still think it will be a kick ass game...but I think a lot of sales could get canibilized by other games during the holidays. Of course that was just my opinion....and of course on a gaming forum where the most hardcore supporters are I understand people get sensitive but I wasn't saying this game wasn't better than all those games....but it certainly will have a lot more competition now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Im not denying FC3 looks bad, it defiantly is one of the better looking games this gen, without a doubt, i was just talking about KZ2 :P Thing is the style of colour that was used for KZ2 fitted the game perfectly, just like how the colour palette for Uncharted fits it perfectly. It adds to the style of the game, being a gritty game. This might sound silly, but to me the FC2 pics gives a feeling of a more dark, serious and realistic game. The place in which FC3 is set in makes sense for the game to be colourful and vibrant. Same with Crysis and Uncharted. ( i know it having these muddy colours might not be realistic) I understand this, but im just talking from the point of pure eye candy and graphical achievement. Sure it is a corridor shooter when compared to those games but that does not mean i can't say it does not look better graphically. I mean at the end of the day, each year when the award for the best graphics is announced, it does not take into account of the scale of the game, just how good the game looks to your eyes, and i though KZ2 looks phenomenal ( and still does) Im not saying halo or FC look bad, they are also really good looking game, way above average, halo 4 looks pretty sexy!
    As good as the KZ games look I still think Crysis 2 looks better than KZ2 or KZ3 tbh.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    As good as the KZ games look I still think Crysis 2 looks better than KZ2 or KZ3 tbh.
    I prefer Crysis 2, not sure about it looking better, I think a lot more $#@! going on in KZ which gives it its flair
    But C2 is definitely up there and anything is better then that jungle in KZ3, what was they thinking, totally ruined it

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member
    Reminds me a lot of Dead Island..just minus the zombies. From the menu system to the font and open world tropical island. Will probably end up getting this at some point as it looks very good.

Playing: Battlefield 3
    Waiting For: GTA V, Battlefield 4

Apprentice

The problem I found with FC2 MP was that they introduced too many controls, features and items compared to FC1. FC1 was more popular online because of it's simple ease of getting online, into a game and just playing.
    I agree. Playing online for 2 was just too...what am I looking for here...too busy I think. I always felt like I was fumbling with one thing or another and spending more energy trying to deal with all of the little details than actually simply enjoying my matches.

Apprentice

Are there any videos about the map editor yet?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm this close(make a small space with your thumb and index finger lol) to pre-ordering this game. I hated far cry 2 due to those respawning post. Being able to take them over and better stealth is 90% of what I wanted to hear. Dec can't get here fast enough

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Told myself I'd never get FC3, but I think I'm starting to get hyped up for it. The story intrigues me greatly. I nearly preordered it yesterday, but I stopped myself. Worried it'll be FC2 all over again where you get hyped up thinking it be this fun game, but it actually turned out to be more boring then fun. (Doesnt help futureshop has a pretty nice looking steelbook as a preorder bonus. I think I got problems )

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I think I got problems )
    I know what you mean! Anticipating this game makes me feel like a gibbering, drooling fanboy. I'm actually sort of ashamed of myself!

Apprentice

Hey gang, a new vid went up on youtube today. The Savages!

"Around here mate, you EAT what you kill"

aaaawwwwwwwwww sh.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUKeiV3Vp9U

Thread Information