Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I think i'm gonna get it for the PC soon.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I think i'm gonna get it for the PC soon.
    yeah looks like there's no DRM on PC. and here's a 5/5 stars by the guardian that just came into my newsfeed today
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...eo-game-review
    Last edited by Hayzoo5; 11-27-2012 at 03:07. Reason: typo

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    all I can say, you're all going to love this game to death!!!!

Hopefully i'll have a ps3/360 comparison done by tomorrow evening.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    all I can say, you're all going to love this game to death!!!!

Hopefully i'll have a ps3/360 comparison done by tomorrow evening.
    You finished it already?! I'm gonna get it soon on the PC i'll record some videos if you need to compare with that too

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Finished, no..

This is my first time playing Far Cry series also. I am going to have to find some decent prices for the last ones. Dayum...

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Finished, no..

This is my first time playing Far Cry series also. I am going to have to find some decent prices for the last ones. Dayum...
    Well the second one wasn't great or anything, but the first one is simply amazing. You can get the first one on PC for like $7 or something.

I'm waiting now for the release of the PC version as i just Pre-purchased it on Steam and i can't wait!!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, I'm waiting on steam... might be able to catch a good deal on this one. I hope.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Yeah, I'm waiting on steam... might be able to catch a good deal on this one. I hope.
    Sadly today is the last day of the sale! Next month i think it could go on sale but not sure.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome

On Green man gaming, you can get Far cry 3 Deluxe edition ( all DLC) or the normal edition for 30% with GMG30-0S3NJ-32J92

It is not on steam sadly, but is a good deal.

Apprentice

Well the second one wasn't great or anything, but the first one is simply amazing.
    I'll agree with this. 2 is worth it if you get a REALLY low price, but 1 is esesential playing. The stories don't connect between games, so you can easily get by wihtout getting lost if you play 1 and skip 2.

IŽm soo looking forward to play this one ! Should be a good one and the commercials look really sick.

Apprentice
    I played the first one but have not played the second one. Is this something IŽll should do story wise before playing this one ?

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    As far as I know, each game has nothing to do with the others. First one is good, till the middle. Second one is, for the most part, okay.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    I played the first one but have not played the second one. Is this something IŽll should do story wise before playing this one ?
    Like Fenix said they're not related (at all). First is quite old now but you can definitely give the second one a try. It's pretty awesome.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Total Halibut/Total Biscuit has his video up on youtube talking and playing far cry 3. The game looks absolutely awesome.

this is of course the PC version but I don't think the console version will be far off to be honest.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    The games in this series have never been related to each other. 2 is fun, not a knockout though in my opinion. Well worth playing, its not as great as 1 but still a very good game. If you skip it you should be fine tho.

Ultimate Veteran
    10-minute launch trailer:

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    I'm playing the game right now on my PC ( ULTRA settings ) the game is freaking beautiful!!!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I'm playing the game right now on my PC ( ULTRA settings ) the game is freaking beautiful!!!
    screenshots please

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Brilliant game, prob my fav game of 2012. Played around 9hrs in a row yest, and no game usually keeps me on for that long in a row. Bit like assassins creed in that you go up radio towers to open up parts of the maps and you skin animals like red dead redemption but here you can make things out of your items, like a bigger wallet, or bigger pouch to hold grenades. I only done 2 or 3 parts of the story, im too busy hunting the different types of animals, to improve my gear. For eg it might say u need 2 tapir hides for more ammo, was hunting a herd of buffalo once and a $#@!in tiger jumped in and took down one of them. The world really feels like it is more alive than any game ive played before. Watch out for the giant turkey type things, bad tempered bastards lol, they chase after buffalo and if you get close to them instead of running away they stalk you down. I got pecked to death while defeathering one of his mates so dont let them get too close lol.

Dedicated Member
    Have they kept the gun jamming mechanism they had in the second game?

I seem to remember always running backwards on that game as the gun was always jamming.

The trailers look good, there are quite a few shooters out at the moment that may be worth picking up.

Credit to THUGGEDOUT for the Sig

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR1986 View Post
    Have they kept the gun jamming mechanism they had in the second game?

I seem to remember always running backwards on that game as the gun was always jamming.

The trailers look good, there are quite a few shooters out at the moment that may be worth picking up.
    No there is no gun jamming anymore, I hated that in 2nd game.

Few other points I would like to make compared to 2nd game is:- once you clear a enemy checkpoint it does not reappear magically next time you go down that road. The map turns green to areas it is safe, red areas are pirate country.

When I picked up an enemy ak47 it was automatically saved as owned when I went to shop so you never have to buy that gun again even if you throw gun away for a new one. Just pick it up at nearest shop next time you want it. No need to store it in a container chest that somehow always had your equipment in it. Like the way you can craft things there and then, make extra room for stuff. And the fast travel you can fast travel from anywhere on the map, no need to make it to a bus station.

23. Likes Two4DaMoney , berts08 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I need this game ASA $#@!in P. Everything I've seen and heard is going to end up making this my goty.

Super Elite
    Am I the only one who liked the guns jamming?

I thought it added a nice layer of tension to the fights, and it rarely happened with weapons you purchased from shops. I'm a bit disappointed to hear it didn't return. Strangely haven't followed this game at all. I'll Redbox it and see how it is.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    Am I the only one who liked the guns jamming?

I thought it added a nice layer of tension to the fights, and it rarely happened with weapons you purchased from shops. I'm a bit disappointed to hear it didn't return. Strangely haven't followed this game at all. I'll Redbox it and see how it is.
    I really miss it to.

Picking up enemies guns was mostly a bad idea and was only done if you really needed a quick gun as they were in a bad state. It made it so you had to go out and get diamonds, in order to buy reliable guns. The dynamic event it caused was also very nice, from having your sniper rifle explode meaning you had to go up close to the enemies to having your AR jam just when you were about to kill someone. It was frustrating, but in a good way...

Sadly in FC3 its not present, but even worse, you get guns free if you restore power to the tower things ( which you kinda have to do, in order to unlock the map) Makes money kinda pointless. I am just getting a lot of money and buying the guns, so i feel like i earned them.

Resorting the towers is super easy too, so getting free guns from doing something that required no effort is like cheating :P

FC3 is pretty incredible though, really enjoying it. I have put like 6 hours into it and have not even completed the 3rd mission... just been killing pirates, animals and exploring. So fun. Another dislike is how easy it is to unlock things like more ammo, syringes etc... I like the idea of getting animal skins to craft these upgrades, but it's just too easy.
    Not much challenge in terms of recoil but luckily in hard mode the AI are pretty good ( accurate, throw grenades to get me away from cover and just seem clever, i also die easily which i love, makes being silent even more effective)

Thread Information