Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I've always gotten far cry for single player. it's really a good single player game. the multiplayer in this type of game wouldn't really be that good imo. it's all about the SP.

Apprentice

SP is awesome. Same addictiveness as Borderlands 2, but with a bit more variety. Taking out camps silently with Takedowns and a Bow-and-Arroy is fantastic!

Co-op is pretty addictive as well, but can't really get into MP.

However, seeing the PC video's going around just makes me hunger for next gen consoles soon.

Soldier 95B
    I got Far cry instincts for Xbox and Xbox 360 for the multiplayer. Not even sure I finished then sp. I assumed it was all about mp.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Been playing FC3 and for me the only thing that hurts it is the free weapons, I preordered and got a silenced predator rifle, picked up an enemies AK, and did a sidequest and got a shotgun. I have little use for money except to buy ammo.. it kind of sucks lol
    Yea that is annoying. BUT you do still have to pay for the signature weapons which cost quite a lot. Plus ammo can get quite expensive.

Apprentice
    Got it shipped to me today, but found out that its on PSN aswell and its 5.6 gb. But I'm not feeling sad as I'm expecing to sell the game after I'm done with the SP. Seen some videos captured from the PS3, and I've noticed some screen tearing.. could that be a result of the video capture?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a787K77hADo
    example video from the ps3, make sure not the watch the entire video as it may spoil it
    psn: anill92
    games plan to buy: killzone2 resistance2 cod5 lbp
    games that im not sure about buying: FarCry2, Fallout3, Bioshock, Motorstorm PR

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I literally had to force myself to stop playing. It seems they took all the complaints from Far Cry 2, and actually fixed them. This also has some of the best voice acting I have ever heard. The intro to this game makes me wish this was a movie lol.

7. Likes Bigdoggy wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by anil View Post
    Got it shipped to me today, but found out that its on PSN aswell and its 5.6 gb. But I'm not feeling sad as I'm expecing to sell the game after I'm done with the SP. Seen some videos captured from the PS3, and I've noticed some screen tearing.. could that be a result of the video capture? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a787K77hADo example video from the ps3, make sure not the watch the entire video as it may spoil it
    Theres screen tearing on both console versions according to Digital Foundry. So no, its not the video capture.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Yea that is annoying. BUT you do still have to pay for the signature weapons which cost quite a lot. Plus ammo can get quite expensive.
    You can never have enough ammo, even if you are a stealth player because animals can ambush you out of nowhere sometimes! No matter how stealthy you are, animals can outstealth you for sure, I found this out HARD last night Money is great for that alone, always stay well supplied with plenty of ammo.

10. Likes Bigdoggy wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Horschack View Post
    You can never have enough ammo, even if you are a stealth player because animals can ambush you out of nowhere sometimes! No matter how stealthy you are, animals can outstealth you for sure, I found this out HARD last night Money is great for that alone, always stay well supplied with plenty of ammo.
    Yep, i was sneaking into a outposts, not detected at all. Next thing I hear is a roar and see a tiger that is just about to pounce on me ( it was close too, no idea how i did not see or hear it haha) but luckily the pirates shot at it before it ran to me, so it chased them and took out pretty much every, making it the easiest outpost takeover.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Yep, i was sneaking into a outposts, not detected at all. Next thing I hear is a roar and see a tiger that is just about to pounce on me ( it was close too, no idea how i did not see or hear it haha) but luckily the pirates shot at it before it ran to me, so it chased them and took out pretty much every, making it the easiest outpost takeover.
    I put a silencer and a bigger scope on my sniper rifle. I was trying to take over a base, so what I did was shoot the cage with a bear in it and the bear broke out of the cage and killed all the people in the base. lolz the alarm didn't go off either.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Gotta love those cages :P Said screw it and got the fourth assault rifle (Wasnt gonna waste money on guns lol) so I could put a silencer on it. Silenced sniper, assault rifle, bow, and the last shotgun with scope = outposts be damned. Lol

Also you do get "Specials" for watchtowers, I got the Bow free (RIGHT after I bought the damn thing cause someone said specials are not free), and later on I got the repair tool free.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Apprentice

The animal interactions have been among my favorite parts of the game so far! I just had a boar kick my ass a little bit when I backed right into it trying to sneak away from a pirate that was getting too close to my cover. The boar squeeled and kicked my ass a bit by the time I got it together enough to kill it but by then the pirate, alerted to my position by the noise, shot me in the face! LOL!!! This game is full of frantic animal moments. I agree with you guys too, I've let animals out of cages and have had a great time just watching the havoc.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    I put a silencer and a bigger scope on my sniper rifle. I was trying to take over a base, so what I did was shoot the cage with a bear in it and the bear broke out of the cage and killed all the people in the base. lolz the alarm didn't go off either.
    That's the way i did it! Simply use the sniper rifle with a silencer and choose a good spot, and You'll get 1500XP for silent outake!!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Those damn cougars are really pissing me off!!!!!! I run like a little girl any time I see one near me. I do like how they will kill enemies while I am trying to take over their outpost.

Just got the trophy for winning $1,500 in poker! Wonder why they made that silver a trophy?

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Gotta love those cages :P Said screw it and got the fourth assault rifle (Wasnt gonna waste money on guns lol) so I could put a silencer on it. Silenced sniper, assault rifle, bow, and the last shotgun with scope = outposts be damned. Lol

Also you do get "Specials" for watchtowers, I got the Bow free (RIGHT after I bought the damn thing cause someone said specials are not free), and later on I got the repair tool free.

Not special, Signature weapons. Specials such as the bow, flamethrower are free.

Signature weapons like the Japanese knife, better shotgun, 50 cal explosive sniper rifle etc you have to pay for. Pretty good weapons too.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    ColinZeal
    Fantastic game! Love just driving around and exploring the isles and check whatever turns up on the map. Playing it in PC as screen tearing is the worst thing ever.
    Except for comodos... Brrrrr!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    That's the way i did it! Simply use the sniper rifle with a silencer and choose a good spot, and You'll get 1500XP for silent outake!!
    last night I was in the base and no one seen me, I was trying to figure out how to turn off the alarm or at least do a stealth kill when I could hear a tiger off in the distance. The growl got closer and closer so I went into this corner and what do you know, this tiger was locked onto an enemy in the base and slowly walking towards him growling, he took out all but 1 enemy which I killed. LOL that was just oddly random o.O

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Right now i am trying to find all the radio towers to open up the entire map. I found 9 so far, and I find myself getting nervous when I climb these things. Sometimes it looks like I have to take a leap of faith to make my way to the top lol.

I also think the bow is the best damn weapon in this game. Makes going unnoticed so much easier! Except for when you accidentally use the fire arrow and light up 20 yards of grass and trees, causing explosions and pretty much giving away that someone is there.
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-07-2012 at 17:17.

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I just went ahead and bought this anyway. Dunno if I'm going to open it yet though in case I change my mind and take it back.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    I just went ahead and bought this anyway. Dunno if I'm going to open it yet though in case I change my mind and take it back.
    Just open it and play it. I promise you will love it. I will buy that copy from you if you do not like it.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Just open it and play it. I promise you will love it. I will buy that copy from you if you do not like it.
    You bloody won't!! I will buy it!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

24. Likes Lethal wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I played a little bit of it and took over one outpost and activated a tower. I can already tell that I'm going to love this game.

Elite Guru

Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I opened it and it played it. It's definitely a million times better than Far Cry 2. Only played about 2 hours of it so far though. Haven't really done anything so to speak.. just walked around. Enjoying it so far.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Right now i am trying to find all the radio towers to open up the entire map. I found 9 so far, and I find myself getting nervous when I climb these things. Sometimes it looks like I have to take a leap of faith to make my way to the top lol.

I also think the bow is the best damn weapon in this game. Makes going unnoticed so much easier! Except for when you accidentally use the fire arrow and light up 20 yards of grass and trees, causing explosions and pretty much giving away that someone is there.
    How'd you get so good with the bow? I usually go over there damn heads.. I cant judge distance worth **** lol

im on the last few missions, going around getting all the collectibles and that on the first island before I adventure on (I'm sure everyone knows theres two islands.. right?) some of these collectibles are a pain in the ass to find. Have to find some underground entrance and sometimes I cant find it.. ><

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    This game looks great. In Germany our Vaas has the voice from the actor who dub Heath Leadger aka The Joker. So he sounds even more insanity when u hear him. "Run Forrest, Run" hrhr

Thread Information