Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat

Crysis 3 : Official Discussion Thread

CRYSIS 3

Developer : Crytek Frankfurt
    Publisher : Electronic Arts
    Genre : First Person Shooter
    Platform : Microsoft Windows, Playstation 3, Xbox 360
    Series : Crysis
    Engine : CryEngine 3
    Release date : February 2013

“Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love,” said Cevat Yerli, Chief Executive Officer of Crytek. “Leveraging the latest CryENGINE technology, we’re able to deliver seven unique themes that offer stunning and visually loaded gameplay experiences. We cannot wait until people get their hands on the game.”

Set in 2047, Prophet is on a revenge mission after uncovering the truth behind Cell Corporation’s motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were resurrected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL’s covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination. With Alien Ceph lurking around every corner and human enemies on the attack, nobody is safe in the path of vengeance. Everyone is a target in Prophet’s quest for retribution.

ADAPTIVE WARFARE

As one of the most experienced and elite soldiers to have never “officially” existed you know what it takes to survive. It’s just you, the most advanced piece of military hardware humanity has ever devised, and your training against an entire city of enemies and hostile terrain. And only one rule: You adapt or you die. New York has become an untamed landscape. The tactics that you may have used to move from building to building won’t help you when half of uptown has been replaced by a swamp. You’ll have to assess your situation, adapt your strategies and equipment to suit, and attack using every advantage you’ve got. A wall of incoming enemy fire, an immovable two-ton obstacle in your path, a quarter mile of exposed terrain you need to cover in 15 seconds, or an entrenched enemy position to be infiltrated; Your suit will give you the tools you need to survive these situations, but only your experience will help you know which to choose. Between your training and your nanosuit you’ve got better-than-average odds of surviving, but that’s not saying much when the average odds are zero to none. At the end of the day your suit is just a tool – Using it correctly means the difference between being the predator or the prey.

BECOME THE HUNTER

There was a time that you had compatriots. You had team mates who you trusted with your life. It wasn’t so long ago that you were fighting for your country and the human race. Now you fight for the fallen. Now you get your revenge. In the wake of the alien invasion, New York lies covered by a giant nanodome, hidden from the rest of the world A secretive military faction has set up shop in the ruins of the city. What do they want? Who are they? What have they found? Uncover their true motives and bring them down from the inside out. But as bad as they might be, they might be the least of your worries. The extraterrestrial threat still looms large over New York. The last time humanity tangled with this enemy they caught us with our guard down, but this time we’re ready. Stalk the canyons of the abandoned, ruined city in relentless pursuit of your prey. This time we hunt them

SEVEN WONDERS

New York City lies in ruin. Skyscrapers once thought to be timeless monuments crumble and give way to vines. Clamoring streets that filled with rush-hour traffic now host the banks of a river. An underground system designed to support millions has rotted into caverns as deep and dark as anywhere on Earth. A nanodome looms overhead, keeping the eye of the outside world out and an untold danger in. This is where you strike. Nature has reclaimed what was once the world’s most iconic city and you’ll have to adapt if you want to survive. Stalk your prey through a shadowy 5th avenue rainforest or wade waist-high through an urban swamp. Cover ground quickly over the midtown grasslands or seek cover in a deep, etched Wall Street canyon. You’ll need to plan for any situation in the wreckage of the city. With the dome overhead and alien technology on the loose there’s no telling what challenges you’ll face. So, you better be ready to use every situation and environment to your advantage, because you won’t get a second chance. It’s a jungle out there.

ADVANCED WEAPONRY

It would take you 4.24 traveling at the speed of light to reach Proxima Centarui, the closest star to Earth. With light traveling 186,000 miles per second, that’s an awful long way to go. What kind of science could push an alien with a bend for galactic domination faster than the speed of light? Imagine the technology, the power… the weapons. If you’re going to go toe to toe with an alien menace you’ll need some serious hardware. While a hurricane minigun might make you the biggest badass on Earth, an alien armada isn’t going to think twice about ripping you apart atom from atom. If you’re going to last long in the field you’re going to need to procure some competitive armament from your enemies. Of course, that’s assuming that you can find something that comes with an instruction manual not in an alien tongue. Lucky for you, your nanosuit will help you do some of the heavy lifting. It might not be a perfect interface, but you should be able to squeeze off enough alien firepower to level the playing field. You’ll have access to more weapons than you’ve ever had and it’s a good thing, too; You’ll need them.

POWER OF THE CRYENGINE

For almost a decade the CryENGINE has stood as the industry example of constantly improving, cutting-edge game development software. From unbelievably real environments and beautiful lighting to dynamic physics and razer-sharp AI, CryENGINE is the foremost engine for open world and sandbox gameplay. With Crysis and Crysis 2, Crytek proved that, in the hands of its creators, this engine can be pushed to almost limitless possibilities. With Crysis 3, they’re taking it to the next level. Whether you’re marveling at the stop-and-stare graphics, getting lost in the thick of immersive environments, experimenting with industry-leading physics, or making sanbox choices as you stalk your enemies, the CryENGINE will be taking your expectations for gaming to the next level.

For more on the Cryengine 3

Official Announce Gameplay Trailer

E3 2012 Gameplay Demo

Multiplayer Gameplay

Last edited by gangsta_795; 10-01-2012 at 21:22.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    This game looks fantastic. I was actually playing Crysis 2 just the other day to show a friend of mine what it is all about. I'm very impressed with the E3 gameplay demo and the premise of the game sounds awesome. Being in a dome-covered New York is a premise that very well could have followed ideas similar to that of movies and other games with similar premises, but it's actually made it work really well. I like the idea of you being somewhat of a fallen soldier, now taking revenge on a collapsing city. Sounds sick.

The gameplay itself looks even better. The map, as in Crysis 2, seems to have incredibly fluidity; things don't seem unnatural, which is impressive given a map that has to provide the player with several tactical options because of the different approaches players can take. I also enjoyed watching Prophet with his new bow-and-arrow; the idea of being a hunter is really going to make the game for the stealth types (me). And as we saw with Prophet's usage of the bow-and-arrow on the helicopter, it'll be a great additive for the more aggressive players as well.

In all, the game has gotten bigger and better. I'm wondering (and they may have already confirmed or denied this) if they'll add any new powers to the nano suit. I'm against having a plethora of powers, as that would make the game too complex in my opinion, but adding a third, or even a forth power that players could swap in and out would be a welcome addition from me.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    This game looks fantastic. I was actually playing Crysis 2 just the other day to show a friend of mine what it is all about. I'm very impressed with the E3 gameplay demo and the premise of the game sounds awesome. Being in a dome-covered New York is a premise that very well could have followed ideas similar to that of movies and other games with similar premises, but it's actually made it work really well. I like the idea of you being somewhat of a fallen soldier, now taking revenge on a collapsing city. Sounds sick.

The gameplay itself looks even better. The map, as in Crysis 2, seems to have incredibly fluidity; things don't seem unnatural, which is impressive given a map that has to provide the player with several tactical options because of the different approaches players can take. I also enjoyed watching Prophet with his new bow-and-arrow; the idea of being a hunter is really going to make the game for the stealth types (me). And as we saw with Prophet's usage of the bow-and-arrow on the helicopter, it'll be a great additive for the more aggressive players as well.

In all, the game has gotten bigger and better. I'm wondering (and they may have already confirmed or denied this) if they'll add any new powers to the nano suit. I'm against having a plethora of powers, as that would make the game too complex in my opinion, but adding a third, or even a forth power that players could swap in and out would be a welcome addition from me.
    Completely agree with you man. Game like Crysis is bound by scale and is expected to be linear. But despit that, it offers plethora of strategies and tactics to suit the gamers. As for Prophet, I like your point of view. "Fallen soldier back for revenge" may seem a bit naive, it really is not.

Yeah the bow and arrow looks sick!
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Elite Guru
    Felt a bit indifferent to Crysis 3. Need to see more.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Apprentice
    I'm quite excited about Crysis 3. Looks very promising. I think it will be one, if not THE best FPS next year. FarCry3 looks great as well, but I LOVE the concept of the nanosuit. It's so cool.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    I have an idea for a new ability: Auto switch to a secondary weapon if the primary weapon clip becomes empty.

Or they could just allow you to cancel the reload animation by switching weapons. That is something which has been an option on just about every single fps game I ever played except for Crysis 2.
    If you think that is no big deal, try doing that in the middle of the action, and then tell me how annoying it is.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    I have an idea for a new ability: Auto switch to a secondary weapon if the primary weapon clip becomes empty.

Or they could just allow you to cancel the reload animation by switching weapons. That is something which has been an option on just about every single fps game I ever played except for Crysis 2.
    If you think that is no big deal, try doing that in the middle of the action, and then tell me how annoying it is.
    Interesting idea there. There's two problems I see with that:

First, you have to take into account the nature of the nanosuit's abilities. Invisibility and increased armor are things we could expect such a suit to do in a technologically advanced future. With that, I'm not sure how the ability you mentioned would really make sense in the Crysis setting.

Second, I think the necessity to switch weapons on your own is one aspect of FPS titles that is more fundamental than people care to give it credit for. In real life, these are all things you would have to keep track of on your own. How much ammo do I have left? Would it be more beneficial to swap out my effective assault rifle that needs to be reloaded or, for speed, to pull out my weaker pistol and attempt to take out my enemy that way? I often criticize some FPS titles for lacking the element of strategy, but come to think of it, it is the little things like this that do in fact create a sense of strategy on an individual level.

For example, today I was playing Battlefield 3. I had a good streak going, and realized my ammo on my assault rifle was low. An enemy would discover me any moment, and I had to choose right then and there: Do I use my assault rifle which is much more powerful and more likely to hit the enemy but could potentially run out of ammo on me, or do I switch to my pistol which I'm rather inaccurate with but that I know I have sufficient ammo to use?

I've never really given anything like this thought before, but I don't know.. I don't think that's something that should be embraced by FPS titles, be it Crysis or another FPS franchise.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post

I believe there is a dedicated button for that?

Elite Guru
    Maximum speed and maximum strength used to be suit powers in Crysis PC. Presumably, they were taken away to 'streamline' the experience.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Maximum speed and maximum strength used to be suit powers in Crysis PC. Presumably, they were taken away to 'streamline' the experience.

They're still in the game though.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Guru
    Yeah but you don't recognise them as individual powers due to the streamlining. You no longer get a 'maximum speed' or 'maximum strength' suit voiceover to tell you they're active.

Makes the suit more bland IMO.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Nanosuit 2 was more fun to me.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Interesting idea there. There's two problems I see with that:

First, you have to take into account the nature of the nanosuit's abilities. Invisibility and increased armor are things we could expect such a suit to do in a technologically advanced future. With that, I'm not sure how the ability you mentioned would really make sense in the Crysis setting.
    Second, I think the necessity to switch weapons on your own is one aspect of FPS titles that is more fundamental than people care to give it credit for. In real life, these are all things you would have to keep track of on your own. How much ammo do I have left? Would it be more beneficial to swap out my effective assault rifle that needs to be reloaded or, for speed, to pull out my weaker pistol and attempt to take out my enemy that way? I often criticize some FPS titles for lacking the element of strategy, but come to think of it, it is the little things like this that do in fact create a sense of strategy on an individual level.

For example, today I was playing Battlefield 3. I had a good streak going, and realized my ammo on my assault rifle was low. An enemy would discover me any moment, and I had to choose right then and there: Do I use my assault rifle which is much more powerful and more likely to hit the enemy but could potentially run out of ammo on me, or do I switch to my pistol which I'm rather inaccurate with but that I know I have sufficient ammo to use?

I've never really given anything like this thought before, but I don't know.. I don't think that's something that should be embraced by FPS titles, be it Crysis or another FPS franchise.
    Yeah I guess you are right. I think that this kind of ability would make sense in an game that is not trying to be realistic at all, and like you said, it would remove the strategy you mentioned from that game.
    However, it could add a different type of strategy: Do I pick this ability, or something else like for example more bullets in a clip, which would allow me to shoot longer but I would manually have to let go of the right analog stick, and press triangle in order switch to secondary weapon in the middle of the action.
    Picking the right ability is a strategy too.
    Come to think of it, if your guy can reload without you pressing the reload button, I don't see why he should not be able to switch weapons without you pressing the weapon switch button.
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    I believe there is a dedicated button for that?
    You missed the part where I said auto switch, as in, the game would switch the gun for you.

However, the main point of my post was the fact that you can't cancel the reload animation in Crysis 2, which is something that just about every other FPS game allows.
    You are shooting someone at close range... you run out of ammo in the clip... you want to switch to secondary, but you can't because the weapon will reload on its own, and THEN you can switch, and by the time that happens, you are usually dead.

I believe Killzone 1 too did not have option to cancel reload, but it was also the only game I have ever played which allowed you to turn off auto reload so that the situation I mentioned would never happen.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    I'm surprised that they haven't revealed any new videos/details about this since E3.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Cevat Yerli: “We’re bringing back the ‘can it run it’ myth” , “Crysis 3 will melt down a lot of PCs”

Yerli has also admitted that there are a lot of expectations from the PC version of Crysis 3 and that Crysis 2 PC was compromised by the console version. Yerli believes that Crysis 3 will be the next Crysis game for the PC and that the myth of ‘can it run Crysis’ will be resurrected with Crysis 3.

As Yerli said: “This time we promise to melt down PCs.”

Yerli also said that it will be a real challenge to make Crysis 3 look great on PC and consoles:
    “That’s going to be another challenge. PCs are so far ahead now – from current generation consoles - so making Crysis 3 look great on the PC, like a benchmark quality on PC, and at the same time running fantastic on consoles is going to be that challenge that we didn’t have in Crysis 2 because PCs and consoles were closer.”

Yerli has also admitted that Crysis 2 being a multiplatform game has led Crytek to compromise things on the PC:

“In Crysis we were only for PC so there weren’t limitations. There is unfortunately always in a multi-platform development that kind of compromise that we have to take but at the same time we are trying not to take it, so we try to make sure that the PC version looks fantastic, plays fantastic, and this time we’re saying <<Okay, let’s not compromise the PC but let’s try to push the consoles so make the PC version happen>>”
    Totally agree with him. C1 was, and still is, to this day, a hardware $#@! whereas in C2, compromises were made to make sure that current-gen consoles were able to run it optimally.

So looks like once again, Crysis will setting graphical standards.
    Last edited by gangsta_795; 08-23-2012 at 16:45.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Well Cryengine 2 was also not the most efficient thing out there. Cryengine 3, thanks to consoles, was much more streamlined. So a PC will be getting greater mileage, which is always a plus.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Let's see if the game actually lives up to a standard of "melting PC's" due to what it has, and not how badly it was made.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Let's see if the game actually lives up to a standard of "melting PC's" due to what it has, and not how badly it was made.
    Crysis 1?

Soldier 95B
    Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay

That's new. Crysis 2 didn't offer sandbox gameplay. Sandbox AND looks better than C2, I will believe it when I see it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    That's the thing, I want real sandbox..

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    That's the thing, I want real sandbox..
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    That's new. Crysis 2 didn't offer sandbox gameplay. Sandbox AND looks better than C2, I will believe it when I see it.[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    Crysis 1 had a beautifully implemented sandbox environment. But yeah, it was missing in the second game.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    crysis 2 defiantly felt a lot more restricted than C1, and i feel C3 will be the same.

All i want is the whole map to be open and for us to go to out objective how ever we want, the way the map is made for C3 is even less likely to be as open world as C2 ( which was linear) so year, not good.

PSN ID
    kuntulz
    awesome grafic

I'll buy

PSN ID
    daniualgenie
    I've never personally played any of the crisis games, but this one looks very promising.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc-gaming View Post
    I've never personally played any of the crisis games, but this one looks very promising.
    Definitely get the previous releases.

Thread Information