Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2012

E3 2012

Hi Guys,

It is me or the vita didn't get enough support from Sony at the E3 conference?

Sony only showed Assassin's Creed III Liberation, Vita Battle Royale and the cross platform capabilities between LBP 2 and LBP Vita.

This was the time to blew us away with new IPS, what the third parties developers are going to offer, etc. What should we look forward this holiday season?

PS: Oh i forgot, they announced Call of Duty Black Ops *something* coming to the Vita in October if im not mistaken.

What do you think?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It's not really how Sony rolls, they don't seem to explode at E3 with announcements, rather they have a steady flow of them through the year. I would wager that we will hear of new games in the following weeks. Jack said there would be 60 games coming in the following year, and while a chunk of those will be PSN games, there will be a fair few retail games too.

Elite Guru
    Surely you'd have thought with all the doom and gloom comments surrounding Vita, they'd at least have tossed a bone or two.

Nothing in the E3 presentation for Vita was even remotely interesting to me.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Another thread?
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Surely you'd have thought with all the doom and gloom comments surrounding Vita, they'd at least have tossed a bone or two.

Nothing in the E3 presentation for Vita was even remotely interesting to me.

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.
    I guess they aren't too concerned haha. As I've said elsewhere, I LOVE cross controller, I think that could have some really interesting applications, and of course AC3:L. More game reveals would have been nice, but they revealed TLOU, Battle Royale and GoW:A before E3 (all of which would have made Sony's presser a megaton had Sony chosen to reveal them then) so I guess it's not Sony's strategy to use E3 is a prime reveal point.

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    They could have at least shown a trailer for Call of Duty or something, maybe shown Soul Sacrifice or Killzone.

At least mention the games that were coming in the future, a small tease or something!

8. Likes AaronSOLDIER , DarkVincent07 likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Black ops Declassified? lol Yea i was hoping for a bit more but I'm happy about the PsOne on vita now just wish they gave us an actual date.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Ugh, was really hoping to see some more games for this year, next year via E3.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I guess they aren't too concerned haha. As I've said elsewhere, I LOVE cross controller, I think that could have some really interesting applications, and of course AC3:L. More game reveals would have been nice, but they revealed TLOU, Battle Royale and GoW:A before E3 (all of which would have made Sony's presser a megaton had Sony chosen to reveal them then) so I guess it's not Sony's strategy to use E3 is a prime reveal point.
    See, I find at odd. They announced BioShock for the Vita when the game wasn't and still isn't in development yet (if I recall rightly) but they've got supposedly 60 games on the way and they're not talking about any of them on any level?

Not a strategy I'd get behind if I worked there and certainly not one I can get behind as a paying consumer.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Ah, people are just throwing dirt at the Vita. Games is all I want and games is all I have. Have you guys seriously looked at the game catalogue for the Vita? Compare it to any other console in its first 4 months of life and let me know the difference. Even taking out all the ports or games already available on other machines, Vita has tons, tons, TONS of games and even more incoming.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Ah, people are just throwing dirt at the Vita. Games is all I want and games is all I have. Have you guys seriously looked at the game catalogue for the Vita? Compare it to any other console in its first 4 months of life and let me know the difference. Even taking out all the ports or games already available on other machines, Vita has tons, tons, TONS of games and even more incoming.
    Don't think anyone has anything against the Vita. It's only against Sony for not delivering.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    See, I find at odd. They announced BioShock for the Vita when the game wasn't and still isn't in development yet (if I recall rightly) but they've got supposedly 60 games on the way and they're not talking about any of them on any level?

Not a strategy I'd get behind if I worked there and certainly not one I can get behind as a paying consumer.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature
    I don't really care to be honest. Sony has shown over the past few years a crystal clear commitment to developing games and getting them developed for their systems so I am indifferent to it. I also know that Sony just reveals stuff when they want. They aren't a publishers who has several IPs, they have $#@! loads and will reveal them on an ongoing basis, just like they always have, like they did before E3 and as they will continue to do so.

The games shown by Sony had all been revealed months before (bar Beyond). Sony could have come to E3 and shown the videos for Beyond, TLOU, GoW:A, Battle Royale and AC3:L without any prior announcements but they decided to announce them in their own time. I dunno, this is just my outlook on it...I am a lil disappointed that they didn't announce another title or two, but I know games will be getting revealed on an ongoing basis so I don't care at the end of the day.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Another thread?
    You can't really blame people though considering the amount of money they spent on it.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

16. Likes gangsta_795 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    You can't really blame people though considering the amount of money they spent on it.
    And they're being so specific in their titles as well.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I was disappointed with the short Vita segment. As soon as it started I was getting excited, but it was over before it began. I'm happy PSone support is finally coming so that'll keep my Vita occupied, and honestly there is quite a lot of software coming for the Vita, but they do such a horrible job of letting people know about it.

I'm hoping Gamescom will focus heavily around Vita, seeing as PSP was bigger for Sony in the EU than in the US [right?]

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    And if you're waiting for a price drop, it will probably be announced at Gamescom, since the price for the Assassin's Creed white Vita bundle wasn't announced. Also, Sony announced the slim PS3 at Gamescom too IIRC.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    And if you're waiting for a price drop, it will probably be announced at Gamescom, since the price for the Assassin's Creed white Vita bundle wasn't announced. Also, Sony announced the slim PS3 at Gamescom too IIRC.
    Yep, this is what I've been saying from the beginning, price drops seem to happen at gamescom since its closer to Christmas. We've had:

PS3 Slim introduced
    PS3 Price drop to $249
    PSP E1000

This I think we'll see both prices drop to $199, neither the PS3 or Vita bundles at E3 were priced and I'm not sure but did the upcoming PS3 bundle have a HDD size on it? They could be upgrading again.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    When is gamescom by the way? Isn't it in August?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso

Sony couldn't find 2 minutes and 40 seconds to show this. Lolwut.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah it's in August thor

24. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style

Sony couldn't find 2 minutes and 40 seconds to show this. Lolwut.
    It was all eaten away by that sad presentation of the Wonderbook.. But really that video could have been shoved in the press conference and all of us would of been happy. I saw a good number of Vita games in there that others might not know of.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yep they screwed up.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Then it'll be gamescon next year. There's no way they will drop the price in the first year, let alone the first 6 months lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    GamescoM*

lol but yeah I see PS3 going down to $200 this year, the Vita is profiting over $100 per unit so they can afford that.

Thread Information