Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    As long as they can make it as fun as Burnout Paradise, graphics are not going to be a big deal to me. Just like Saints Row 2 while not looking as good as GTA4 is still a more fun game.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    burnout with licensed cars? sign me up!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    How fitting. The last NFS I actually played in-depth was Most Wanted on PS2. Didn't like any of the newer games as they were lame looking. This one actually looks decent. I hope it fits the bill of the last Most Wanted. Can't say I'm excited because Developers let me down now a day, but I am interested. Just praying it has a ton of customization which pulls me in. With a sprinkle of tuning, too.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Master Guru
    Looks good

Ancient
    This is great but I want my god dam customizations and neons and tuner girls goddammit!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    This is great but I want my god dam customizations and neons and tuner girls goddammit!

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    So it is true I can't customize and tune the cars, eh? Deal Breaker

Oh well. Now you can see why I don't get excited for game-related $#@! anymore, heh.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    New video. Say gameplay but I don't see much of that. :s

Does anyone else think that it's too arcade-ish (result of being developed by Criterion, of course).
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    X-x-Stallion-x-X
    Items LBP Sephiroth
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    New video. Say gameplay but I don't see much of that. :s

Does anyone else think that it's too arcade-ish (result of being developed by Criterion, of course).
    Usually i'd be very annoyed if it ended up full of dubstep, but the Criterion guys have done a great job in the past with custom soundtrack support on Burnout and Hot Pursuit so hopefully if it does end up as bad as Unbounded's tracklist (my opinion of course) they'll allow me to cut that out pretty easily... Everything else looks great though, a blend of Need for Speed and Burnout has me pretty excited

Don't go around believing that Great Wizards solve all your problems, because there aren't any and they don't and I should know because I'm not one...

Apprentice
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Im up for any NFS game. I get them all the the time as im a big car fan,so this game will be no different.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    When i first saw this game at e3 2011 ive lost interest we'll see how it plays when i get my hands on it

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by XperienZ View Post
    Usually i'd be very annoyed if it ended up full of dubstep, but the Criterion guys have done a great job in the past with custom soundtrack support on Burnout and Hot Pursuit so hopefully if it does end up as bad as Unbounded's tracklist (my opinion of course) they'll allow me to cut that out pretty easily... Everything else looks great though, a blend of Need for Speed and Burnout has me pretty excited
    They've had some good soundtracks in the past, no doubt. But that's not what my concern is, here.

Everyone is saying that NFS being more like Burnout (from what we've seen so far) is a good thing. I personally don't feel that way. In their more recent games, the NFS franchise tried simulator-oriented games (Shift1/2) but those games weren't liked much by the fans. Then their more arcade-styled game, The Run, wasn't much appreciated either. So now, the ball is being sent to a different park altogether; they're using the heavy-arcade formula of the Burnout series. This, in my opinion, is not something that should be done. I feel that they should maintain a balance between arcade and simulation.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    X-x-Stallion-x-X
    Items LBP Sephiroth
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    They've had some good soundtracks in the past, no doubt. But that's not what my concern is, here.

Everyone is saying that NFS being more like Burnout (from what we've seen so far) is a good thing. I personally don't feel that way. In their more recent games, the NFS franchise tried simulator-oriented games (Shift1/2) but those games weren't liked much by the fans. Then their more arcade-styled game, The Run, wasn't much appreciated either. So now, the ball is being sent to a different park altogether; they're using the heavy-arcade formula of the Burnout series. This, in my opinion, is not something that should be done. I feel that they should maintain a balance between arcade and simulation.
    I've liked both Shifts and The Run was enjoyable while it lasted... Absolutely ANYTHING would have been an improvement over Undercover and Prostreet in my opinion, lets not forget that the original Need for Speed games were hardly worthy of "Sim status" to begin with, infact my brother and I spent much much more time setting up spectacular multiflip crashes in the very first NFS than we did playing them properly heh

Don't go around believing that Great Wizards solve all your problems, because there aren't any and they don't and I should know because I'm not one...

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Anyone know if the map for MW is more than just a city with a small suburban area?

With NFS run and HP doing other types of environment so well, i would be disappointed if there is not some countryside or desert.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted Lets You Steal The World’s Fastest Cars. Kind Of.

Maybe you've had that moment on the highway where you pull up next to a fancy sportscar. You might think that the person driving it is probably some rich jerk, but still wonder how that Porsche or Lambo handles. Need For Speed: Most Wanted lets you take explore that fantasy in a different way. All the cars in the game will be available from the start. But like a harried commuter unexpectedly coming up on a sleek Aston Martin on the freeway, you'll have to find these cars first.
    The biggest difference in Criterion's upcoming contribution to the Need for Speed franchise is that it mostly does away with the annoying grind/unlock system that plagues most racing games. You know the kind, where you drive one class of car into the ground and finally jump to another class that goes 10 MPH faster. It gets to feeling tedious, which is the last thing a racing game should feel like.

Most Wanted's designers are implementing an exploration-based car acquisition mechanic. If you drive by any of the 40 collectible cars out in the open-world city of Fairhaven, you can start driving it right away simply by pressing a button. Now, you'll still have to grind a bit to implement boost and other upgrades to the cars you get hold of in this way. Nevertheless, switching things up like this gives players another incentive to tear around Fairhaven's streets, aside from the usual racing action.

Once you've located a new car, you can jump to it immediately or set a waypoint on the in-game map that leads back to it. Each car will have specific races attached to it and you'll be able grab ten other Most Wanted cars by defeating them in races or other challenges. The Autolog social features that track your friends' progress in the game are also getting embedded into the Fairhaven environment. Every so often you'll blow by a Speed Camera; those devices not only tell you how fast you're going but also say how fast your friends were speeding when they passed it.

You'll also compete for bragging rights with the game's billboards, too. They'll be placed across the city, in positions that encourage you to jump through them. Whoever clears those gaps with the most distance will have their faces plastered on them. Crash through them further and your mug replaces that of a rival.

EA isn't talking much about NFSMW's online yet but executive producer Matt Webster told me that the competitive play will be organized into five-event collections called SpeedLists. Four event types will go into the mix of a SpeedList and standard, finish-first races will be one of those types. Team races will throw randomly selected groups against each other, letting you spot other players for your teammates, who can then take them out. And even if you finish first you can still come back and grief opponents to help better our team's outcome.

Challenge events will be familiar to anyone who played the Free Burn mode of Criterion's past Burnout games. Challenges will have players teaming up to collaborate to perform certain feats. Speed Tests are similar to those but have a 90-second time limit for you to do as many stunts as you can. You can still be taken out by other players while trying to perform as any drifts, for example, as you can. So, this event type is a mix of skill execution and avoidance.

The player who scores the most at the end of a SpeedList becomes the Most Wanted and in the next round, others earn more points for taking that person down. You'll earn ponts for everything you do in Most Wanted and Webster said that they're modeling progression on the kinds of structures you see in online shooters. Speed Points that you earn in single-player will carry over but car modifications that you earn will not.

Webster says that Criterion is aiming to make Most Wanted feel more player-driven than ever before. He says that the dev team's previous experience with Burnout Paradise showed them how distracted gameplay—the stuff you do on the way to a race, like smashing gates or finding gaps to jump—is just as fun as the main racing action. There's tons of that stuff in Most Wanted. With all cars unlocked at start and a new structure that encourages exploration, the developers hope that giving players freedom to script their own experiences will make Most Wanted a worthy follow-up to both Burnout Paradise and other games in the Need for Speed Franchise.
    http://kotaku.com/5932249/need-for-s...t-cars-kind-of

I've put the important parts in bold.

I personally like the unlocking, tier based system.

distracted gameplay—the stuff you do on the way to a race, like smashing gates or finding gaps to jump—is just as fun as the main racing action. There's tons of that stuff in Most Wanted.
    ^This is a deal-breaker for me.
    Last edited by gangsta_795; 08-07-2012 at 07:22.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Here's hoping that Black Box gets one more crack and makes another Underground. I need my illegal street racing, dammit! I was excited for MW2, too. Too bad they $#@!ed it up. Maybe bargain bin. Doubt it though with the way I play games now.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    GamesCom 2012 - Multiplayer Trailer

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    New Screens:

Seems to have a good deal of variation in environments and terrain.

Great thread gangsta_795. All the info i need about this game right here. I haven't played NFS since my ps2 days and i really can't wait for this.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    The only think that will determine whether I buy this game on release is if it has online free roam.

If not i will just wait for a price drop.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    The game is looking gorgeous!

Still I'm undecided... PS3 or PSV.. hmm

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyCount_UK View Post
    Great thread gangsta_795. All the info i need about this game right here. I haven't played NFS since my ps2 days and i really can't wait for this.
    Thanks mate!

Need for Speed™ Most Wanted Gameplay Feature Series #1 -- Singleplayer via http://www.youtube.com/user/NeedForSpeed?feature=watch

Get an exclusive inside line on the features of the Most Wanted Single Player campaign and see Fairhaven City, the game's connected open world setting, like never before.
    See the new footage from Fairhaven City, home to the 10 Most Wanted drivers, who stand in your way of becoming the Most Wanted. With all cars being available at the start, if you can find it, you can drive it.
    Examine firsthand how the Easy Drive system allows for truly seamless driving experience with no pausing necessary. Drive or go directly to a race's starting line, and swap cars and performance mods to suit any condition or driving style, all without ever having to leave gameplay or leaving the open-world behind. Beat the competition using all new features of Autolog 2, pull off monstrous drifts to earn Speed Points which contribute to unlocking performance modifications and secure your rank on The Most Wanted List amongst your friends and rivals.

23. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wow. Forget Forza Horizon I'm getting this game instead.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Wow. Forget Forza Horizon I'm getting this game instead.
    I'm right with you there.. i'm so getting this game.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Looking forward to this

Thread Information