Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

How long do the Assassin's Creed games take to beat?

I admit AC3 has me intrigued..but I never got to play through the other ones even though they are meant to be good..because the first one is so boring, I never beat it.

I'm thinking of forcing myself to finish the first one so I can finally go and play AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

So I want to know story alone (No extra stuff) how long does each game take to beat. Summer is the perfect time for me to catch up on these titles and be ready for the release of III.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    Each game can take like 10-14hours for the main storyline, but I wouldn't force myself through AC1 just watch the ending on Youtube it'll be far more easier.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    20 or more hours if you're like me and like to do everything.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I'd say 10-12 hrs. If you ignore all side quest and stuff.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Finally You Are Free
    It depends on how fast you rush. I beat Ac2 on Steam recently and I mostly did the main missions, but it took me 29 hours to beat.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I think I spent more time on AC2 because I 1000/1000 the achievements, but I completed Brotherhood on Saturday night and it took me around 20hours with 90% of the singleplayer achievements done. I'd say expect about 15~hours of gameplay each from AC2 and Brotherhood. AC1 is a borefest which I would skip if I was you [ youtube the ending like someone suggested ]

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I think for me there in the 25 - 40 hour range, really depends what all I do.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Unbound Mercenary
    Took me around 20 hours to beat AC2.

But I do agree AC1 was very boring and repetitive. Took me a long time to beat it just cause I would loose interest so fast.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I was going to skip AC1, but I want to play through it now because I like Altair's character and I know Revelations is based heavily around him.
    Trophy-licious!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    It takes me 20-30 hours because I do everything

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I was going to skip AC1, but I want to play through it now because I like Altair's character and I know Revelations is based heavily around him.
    If you rush you can probably squeeze through AC1 is about 9-12 hours. Afterwards you can take your time and enjoy AC2 and beyond. AC1 is by no means a bad game; it's merely repetitive.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I think I hated Assassin's Creed 1 because it had no trophies..... AC2 took me roughly 20hrs because I wanted to finish the game completely. Im about to start Brotherhood, then Revelations. Hopefully I finish them before AC3 hits.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I actually enjoyed AC1 a lot, was repetitive.. sure, but the gameplay and story were still really enjoyable. Was one of my very first PS3 titles

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

14. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    I think trophies ruin games though..I never feel a sense of accomplishment anymore for merely finishing a game.
    Trophy-licious!

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I usually try to do everything in about 25 hours.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    15-20 hours if you do everything. Could probably go straight through in about 8-10 hours.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Dedicated Member
    AC was the worst!! It gave me headaches and I found it annoyingly repetitive. It does get better from game to game tho! Depending on how far you want to fall down the rabbit hole should be 10-15 hours..
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    I admit AC3 has me intrigued..but I never got to play through the other ones even though they are meant to be good..because the first one is so boring, I never beat it.

I'm thinking of forcing myself to finish the first one so I can finally go and play AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

So I want to know story alone (No extra stuff) how long does each game take to beat. Summer is the perfect time for me to catch up on these titles and be ready for the release of III.
    Same here. But I think a long afternoon should be able to take you through it.

I think I should do the same..
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Then just play Revelations, it will go through AC1's story and you get to play as Altair as well.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Also, how exactly do the games get better after the first one..they must've changed drastically to get the praise they get.

Does 2 have those types of quests they showed in the 3 presentation? I liked the look of that.
    Trophy-licious!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    It's like taking chicken $#@! and turning it into chicken salad. That's how much of a difference is from ACI > ACII/BroHood/Rev. You will enjoy it. The world is much more open, more side missions, stories, hidden quests, multiplayer (brotherhood/rev only). They are great games.

Finally You Are Free
    Also, how exactly do the games get better after the first one..they must've changed drastically to get the praise they get.
    Assassins Creed 2 had a fast travel system and the missions were much more varied, along with the improved combat and diversity in weapon choices. You can change the colors of your clothes and cape, along with purchasing new armor and weapons sets to increase the defense and attack of your character. Assassins Creed 1 didn't have any of this. As an addendum, you have a set list of contracts to settle to complete the story, and to get access to a contract you had to do the same thing over and over (race mission, retrieve a letter from a courier, etc) and the entire process became overly repetitive; This was not the case in AC2, where each mission was something different.

AC1 still has some perks, such as the characters, setting, and the story, but otherwise AC2 exceeds it in literally every way. The jump between the two is rather large, and while the jump from AC2 to Brotherhood wasn't as big, it's still there. In Brotherhood, you still get some new toys to play with as well as exploring Rome, which is a lot of fun. Horses are allowed inside the cities and the buying mechanic for locations (which appeared in AC2) is improved even further. Not to mention calling down fellow assassins to aid you in battle or take out a lone guard never gets old.

Does 2 have those types of quests they showed in the 3 presentation? I liked the look of that.
    Do you mean where the man was talking and in-game the quest appeared? Those are not present in AC2. Or do you mean where he took out the soldiers before sneaking his way into the British fort? Yes, there are plenty of missions like that.

This was the only image I could find of it. There's a mission where you must get to the top of that castle to save someone, and you get full synchronization if you manage to do it without being spotted. Here's an image of the city in Brotherhood. (you can see the castle in the background)

Last edited by Nerevar; 06-07-2012 at 19:20.

PSN ID
    Darkflames11
    Just skip AC1, it's not that good of a game BUT you should read the story on wiki or watch a walkthrough or Let's Play on Youtube. AC2 is 100 percent better than AC1 so you should play it and the rest of the games. Each game will take around 8-12 hours ~ it really depends how fast you play the game and how good you are at it. If you want to do all the missions it could take about up to 20 hours overall, but it is a brilliant game.

Forum Sage
    AC1 is not that different from AC2, AC: Brotherhood and AC: Revelations. I really wish that people would stop treating the first as a completely different game.

Also, AC2, AC: B and AC: R can be just as repetitive, if not more so.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    No Idea the first one bored the pants off me and put me off the rest.

Thread Information