Official BEYOND: Two Souls thread

Info:

Release Date: October 11- 2013
    Developer: Quantic Dream
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Platforms: PlayStation 3
    Move Compatible: Yes
    Modes: Single-player

The game revolves around what happens after we die. The main character is named Jodie Holmes and is played by actress Ellen Page. Jodie has a ghostly presence around her, something "in between."

Beyond will be a single-player offline experience, a new press release has confirmed. The game is aiming for a PEGI 16 rating. Its genre is listed as "Interactive Drama" and will launch in "Q3" of 2013

The veil has been lifted on David Cage and Quantic Dream's next game - and it looks like a return to the supernatural on a spectacular scale, with Hollywood star Ellen Page confirmed to be onboard for the PlayStation 3 exclusive.

Beyond: Two Souls will offer PlayStation Move compatibility, similar to Quantic Dream's predecessor Heavy Rain.

Videos:

Screens:

Ellen Page:

Last edited by Abdou23; 06-23-2013 at 21:59.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

2. Likes Nuvian likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    I never played Heavy Rain, but I know it had some good reviews. This game has me incredibly excited. It looks amazing.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I never played Heavy Rain, but I know it had some good reviews. This game has me incredibly excited. It looks amazing.
    Do yourself a favour and play it.

5. Likes PS4freak , Lebowski , bigCman123 likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Do yourself a favour and play it.
    This.

I'm truly excited about this one, but I got to be honest, I wish Kara would have been the game because it was just a simpler tech demo but yet so full of emotion.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ahhh...goddamn if I don't buy this game on day 1. Ellen Page is such a hottie.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I made a separate thread in the Sony E3 section but here you guys go
    24 minutes of Beyond

9. Likes daLa likes this post
    Master Guru
    Beyond: Two Souls is going to be amazing. Quantic Dream is so talented.

And to whoever hasn't played Heavy Rain. Get on that asap!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I made a separate thread in the Sony E3 section but here you guys go
    24 minutes of Beyond

Added to OP.

PSN ID
    (none)
    I'm in the opposite corner. I won't get this. Maybe it's cool with the MOVE or something, I don't know.

And now I'm a little wary of LA Noire. Probably the same type of game.
    Last edited by dcalhoun93; 06-06-2012 at 16:36.
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalhoun93 View Post
    I'm in the opposite corner. I won't get this. Maybe it's cool with the MOVE or something, I don't know.

LA Noire is a completely different game. Check some videos for it.

Veteran

Don't be misled by the cop bit on the gameplay, this game will be nothing like LA Noire.

Ultimate Veteran
    Am I the only one that thought of Indigo Prophecy while watching the trailer?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    This is a first day buy for me....that is if I can buy it on its release day. Loved Heavy Rain and love story-driven games.

Notice how they didn't really show what it is that she has or does. It makes me wonder even more about the game and become even more interested in it as it gets closer to its release day.

PSN ID
    (none)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Don't be misled by the cop bit on the gameplay, this game will be nothing like LA Noire.
    I'm not knocking LA Noire. I never played it. There are some games that I'm not interested in. I guess you could call it a movie game. Lots of cutscenes. Superior voice acting. Games where decision-making is pushed to the forefront and button smashing is frowned upon. It just looks too cerebral for me. Too relaxing. The type of game you can almost play with only one hand on the controller.
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    ok, from that gameplay. is this going to be an entire game of quicktime events? cus i do not want that.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    ok, from that gameplay. is this going to be an entire game of quicktime events? cus i do not want that.
    Im guessing you didnt play Heavy Rain?

20. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    PSN ID
    (none)
    See what you guys did? BTBAM almost got snaked the same way I did. I would not recommend Heavy Rain to anyone unless they specifically ask for that type of game. All the buttons are prompted. And if you don't hit the button in time, there is no going back or doing over. A lot of the game is just walking or choosing dialogue. Fights and other altercations are all played out thru button prompts.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Im guessing you didnt play Heavy Rain?
    i have not, i'd probably enjoy the story, but what makes this different than watching a movie? interaction? if i'm playing a game i want control, not be prompted to press a button to continue progress of the story. Knowing this i'd demo it before i buy it. I'm not gonna shell out 60 bucks for something that might just be quicktime.

Dedicated Member
    i have not, i'd probably enjoy the story, but what makes this different than watching a movie? interaction? if i'm playing a game i want control, not be prompted to press a button to continue progress of the story. Knowing this i'd demo it before i buy it. I'm not gonna shell out 60 bucks for something that might just be quicktime.
    When playing any game aren't you just pressing the buttons you know you should press to get through the game? It's just now the buttons you use change for every situation.

You should play the Heavy Rain demo, it's similar to this. In Heavy Rain what you did impacted the story, if you get killed in the game then the character dies in the story, etc. I'm sure it'll be different in Beyond (I highly doubt you can just get the main character killed early on), but I'm sure there might be some impacts.

I personally really enjoy this type of gameplay. It's really immersive and when the tension rises you actually care about the characters. Heavy Rain had some of the most intense scenes I've experienced in a video game because of how immersed I was... Blah, blah, blah, either way you're either going to enjoy this type of gameplay or you wont. We're all different, I can't tell you what you will and won't like.

I personally love this stuff. I've been highly anticipating Quantic Dream's new game for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Am I the only one that thought of Indigo Prophecy while watching the trailer?
    You realize that Quantic Dream developed Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, and now Beyond: Two Souls right?
    Last edited by bigCman123; 06-06-2012 at 23:17.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    its different with other games. Yes you are just pushing buttons, but you have control of the character, not the cut scene. Take assassins creed for example. You press a button and swing a sword or climb a building etc. You have control of the character and can go where you please. For this it seems like i'd just be pressing a button to keep the movie running.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I would not recommend Heavy Rain to anyone unless they specifically ask for that type of game.
    There you go,It's a genre just like any other genre ( football-Racing-RPG-FPS -etc) Some people like Final Fantasy,others don't,some people like Fahrenheit - Heavy Rain and will like Beyond,Others don't. Very simple.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    See what you guys did? BTBAM almost got snaked the same way I did. I would not recommend Heavy Rain to anyone unless they specifically ask for that type of game. All the buttons are prompted. And if you don't hit the button in time, there is no going back or doing over. A lot of the game is just walking or choosing dialogue. Fights and other altercations are all played out thru button prompts.
    See what we did? Heavy Rain sold really well(over 2 million IIRC), got a lot of praise from not only gamers but also many well known game developers and had 75% of the people who bought it play it through to completion where most games get 10-25% of the purchasers seeing the end credits. If you just want your $#@!ty generic FPS/TPS/sport/racing games without any kind of unique experiences then by all means avoid Heavy Rain and Beyond, but most people enjoyed the game for the very reasons you outlined. There is no starting the level over if you $#@!ed up and that was what made Heavy Rain so awesome. You had a mystery to solve and part of the thrill was using the 4 characters to do it. I had one of mine die on me before I saw the end credits and that's $#@!ing awesome. I think it's a bit sad that some people are so put off by the button prompts that they are blinded to the genius of a game...

Heavy Rain is unlike anything else you'll have ever played (unless you played Fahrenheit). Yeah, interaction, and the ability to control how the narative plays out. As I stated above, In HR it was up to you whether or not the characters in the story were successful, or if they died. No 3 lives, no restart check point, and these parts of the game made it really $#@!in thrilling in my opinion. There were quite a few REALLY tense and exciting moments in this game, and to be honest, these moments were ONLY possible because of the games control style and button inputs. You should have a look and see if there is a Heavy Rain demo. You have nothing to lose in at least investigating this. To me Heavy Rain will stand as one of the most unique and special gaming experiences I've ever had...despite it having quick time events.

27. Likes Equinoqs, DarkNemesis likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bigCman123 View Post
    You realize that Quantic Dream developed Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, and now Beyond: Two Souls right?
    Why does everyone need to answer a question with a question? I know who developed the games. I'm just asking if people thought of one of their lesser-known titles while watching the trailer.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Why does everyone need to answer a question with a question? I know who developed the games. I'm just asking if people thought of one of their lesser-known titles while watching the trailer.
    Fahrenheit was an amazing experience.Cage really is a master in storytelling.

30. Likes DarkNemesis likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Game looks great and better than heavy rain.Great and original concept with being able to posses people and use other supernatural powers as displayed in the 24min floor demo.I find it funny that people say that you dont control the game when you have more control over what you interact with than any other game.FF is jusr a one button combat game or you have to sect what action to take from a list like all turn based games and that actually takes the control of the game away from the player.If you can not appreciate something that offers a different style of game play then ignore it and stick to cod or rockstar games.

32. Likes Ghost likes this post

Thread Information