Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You should update the OP with some better screenshots. Preferably the following:

Actually, I'll do it. Might as well since I'm online.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Finally You Are Free
    I wish they hadn't multi-sampled the images, but these still look like the best console graphics to date.

Selected Members Council
    Fixed some other stuff too. One of the videos was private.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Fahrenheit was an amazing experience.Cage really is a master in storytelling.
    I was blown away by that game the first time i played it, but story-wise it was a mess. It lacked a middle part.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Guru

Cage really is a master in storytelling.
    I really disagree with that part. Fahrenheits story turned really dumb half way through and Heavy Rains plot holes were pretty terrible for a master in story telling. Really hope quantic dream hired some writers this time to help out, he got some really interesting ideas.

That said despite the flaws in both games stories, it's two of my favorite games the last two gens. That first stage in Fahrenheit where you have to clean up after that murder was such a fantastic moment.
    Calculating Infinity

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Fixed some other stuff too. One of the videos was private.
    Why remove the Spoilers from the Video section ?! and why change the Title? i like it the way it was.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Just saw the trailer yesterday. This looks awesome! So is it looking like this and Heavy Rain are going to play similarly? I haven't seen the demo footage yet, and have yet to get Heavy Rain, but hopefully can get it next week when I get paid.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Veteran
    Why is Ellen Page starring in two upcoming PS3 games?

Joking aside, production values look great and this is a visual and technical improvement over Heavy Rain. Mo-cap is more believable and there is more consistency in details. Unfortunately, the facial animations STILL don't hold a candle to L.A. Noire in terms flowing between a variety of expressions and animation fluidity...but it's a big step closer compared to HR. In other narrative elements, Beyond should have the edge, though, in having a real actress for the lead (Assuming L.A. didn't).

I'm still impressed at how believable the facial animations were in L.A. Noire. I had no subtle, uncanny valley reactions when I was "reading" their expressions. The movements of their models seemed pretty good, too.

Just an observation. Looking forward to Beyond esp. since I was always a fan of Page since Juno. Gonna check out the gameplay later since it's 23 mins.
    Last edited by Bio; 06-08-2012 at 01:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Selected Members Council
    Why remove the Spoilers from the Video section ?! and why change the Title? i like it the way it was.
    The title I changed because it makes it easier for people to search for the thread. As for the spoiler tags, you can add them back if you want. I just thought I would remove them because you really only posted two videos.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The title I changed because it makes it easier for people to search for the thread. As for the spoiler tags, you can add them back if you want. I just thought I would remove them because you really only posted two videos.
    Never mind, i put spoiler tags because i knew as time passes there will be more.

Veteran
    Watched the demo. Very interesting. The QTEs seem to have better context than HR did and the action seems to work with the button prompts better. It just seems more fluid and intuitive. Granted, we saw an action scene for most of it but I wonder if the demo will indicate a faster-paced game.

At any rate, I am digging this for sure. Oh, and btbam, I doubt this kind of game is for you...so I don't think there is much else you or we can say to make the situation any clearer. Pretty much everything you said is a direct selling point for those who DO like this kind of thing.
    Last edited by Bio; 06-08-2012 at 05:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Never played Heavy Rain, but the game does look interesting. Might pick it up when it comes out.

Selected Members Council
    New direct-feed footage for Beyond: Two Souls.

Never mind, i put spoiler tags because i knew as time passes there will be more.
    I didn't see you put them back up so I did it for you now. I had to remove the text within that section though because it was creating multiple spoiler tags, for some reason.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-12-2012 at 22:59.

Selected Members Council
    An exceptional showing at E3 this year has many clamoring for more information regarding Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream and their next title, Beyond. While the trailer gave gamers a glimpse at Ellen Page starring in the lead role of Jodie Holmes, a source familiar with the project tells GamesIndustry International that more stars are on the way, particularly Boondock Saints' Willem Dafoe.

Besides starting in Boondock Saints, Willem Dafoe's storied career has put him in big titles such as Spider-Man, Finding Nemo, Platoon and Clear and Present Danger. His new role has yet to be revealed, but our source has confirmed that news will be forthcoming.

This is not Dafoe's first foray into gaming; he played his part as The Green Goblin/Norman Osborn as well as playing the main antagonist in 2003's James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing title for the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.
    Source

Apprentice
    After Heavy Rain and their tech demo, I was hyped for their next game. Seeing the video from E3 made it a day 1 buy for me. Looks like an excellent concept and I LOVE Ellen Page. Kind of have a thing for her (despite gay rumors I could care less about), lol. Game looks like another great experience. Hope it is a little less linear (crazy, huh?) than Heavy Rain in that the overall decisions are pretty narrowed despite the different endings. Only had a handfull of genuine "which way you gonna go" moments. I hope this has many more of them, resulting in VASTLY different experiences even if replayed. Also, hopefully the movement isn't as robotic. Heavy Rain seemed to have only slightly upgraded its movement tech from Indigo Prophecy.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Updated with some new Stuff.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by btbam View Post
    I never played Heavy Rain, but I know it had some good reviews. This game has me incredibly excited. It looks amazing.
    You really should, i cant remember another game that has moved me as much as Heavy Rain did.

Really looking forward to this title, it will probably be the last PS3 game i invest in.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Thread Information