Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Star Wars: 1313 too "grounded" for magical Jedi "demigod complex"

Creative director Dominic Robillard told Kotaku he’s not anti-Jedi, but that the team at LucasArts is going for a different feel.

“It’s not that I think that that’s overdone, but the criminal underworld of 1313 is a little more grounded and that has to live in the mechanics of the game,” he said.

“Having mechanics that are limited by human ability makes things more relatable, then we can put all the cool stuff you can do into the gadgets and weapons.

“You still get to do all of these amazing things because of the environment the game takes place in and because of the gear you have, but at the core you still have these vulnerabilities that are a bit more relatable, so you won’t have the demigod complex of a Jedi.”

We still don’t have any platform or release information for Star Wars 1313, but the E3 demo is being shown on a PC using an Xbox 360 controller, so there’s certainly hope for a launch this generation. Check out some gameplay footage here.
    Source

I don't mind, actually. It's one of the reasons I'm interested in the title.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-07-2012 at 05:08.

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Yeah it's cool to have star wars games that aren't just Jedi running around. It's interesting to see stuff like this, bounty hunter, republic commando and starfighter because those stories don't get told very ofteb

Via Tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    Great concept and looks better than the force unleashed.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    This is the Star Wars game I've been waiting for all my life. Actually, it was a movie that would be about the Bounty Hunter life or the criminal underworld of Star Wars (Shadows of the Empire novel covers that somewhat). If these are smart, they'll include the Black Sun in this game. The Black Sun is an old crime syndicate/organization run by a man named Prince Xizor. They deal with smugglers and bounty hunters. Even a little nod or reference to them would be great because they are based in Coruscant, just like this game.

I just hope this game comes to consoles and I hope it's very long and not short like that piece of $#@!, Force Unleashed 2. My hopes and expectations are high, but I'm not gonna go out and pre-order it now because of the disappointment that was Force Unleashed 2.

5. Likes GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I think it'll come to consoles. I don't know of any recent Star Wars titles that remained exclusive, apart from The Old Republic which is an MMORPG.

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    And I hope the gfx look exactly like that. Hahaha, who am I kidding!

Forum Guru
    Considering that some of the best Star Wars games didn't have Jedis, so this is a good news.

Wouldn't mind at all if Jedi would be pictured as a sort of religional boogeyman in the game. (Ruthlessly driving their own ambition and what they think is good.)
    Last edited by jlippone; 06-07-2012 at 07:46.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

9. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Ancient
    Looks like they've been playing Uncharted, I'm interested cuz its Star Wars with Uncharted gameplay, but I am far from impressed.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

“It’s not that I think that that’s overdone, but the criminal underworld of 1313 is a little more grounded and that has to live in the mechanics of the game,” he said.

“Having mechanics that are limited by human ability makes things more relatable, then we can put all the cool stuff you can do into the gadgets and weapons.

“You still get to do all of these amazing things because of the environment the game takes place in and because of the gear you have, but at the core you still have these vulnerabilities that are a bit more relatable, so you won’t have the demigod complex of a Jedi.”
    This reminds me of the story I am writing right now. I have "semi-demigods" in my story but I'm doing a lot of make it feel more grounded to reality so that it is indeed more relateable as that is very important for a story, imo.

Elite Sage
    I HATE demigod Jedis. So damn uninteresting. I liked how in KOTOR Jedis weren't so pure and they had their own problems. One of the best Star Wars- games happens to be Republic Commando where you aren't playing Jedi.
    I hope that this game will be great.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

PSN ID
    jack1982cp
    The concept sounds good, but Lucas Arts hasn't exactly impressed me with anything this gen. Force Unleashed was pretty "meh" and everyone says the sequel was worse. Other than that they've just made Lego stuff, at least as far as the PS3 is concerned. Actually their old game Fracture seems more interesting to me than any of this stuff.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    This is the Star Wars game I've been waiting for all my life. Actually, it was a movie that would be about the Bounty Hunter life or the criminal underworld of Star Wars (Shadows of the Empire novel covers that somewhat). If these are smart, they'll include the Black Sun in this game. The Black Sun is an old crime syndicate/organization run by a man named Prince Xizor. They deal with smugglers and bounty hunters. Even a little nod or reference to them would be great because they are based in Coruscant, just like this game.

I just hope this game comes to consoles and I hope it's very long and not short like that piece of $#@!, Force Unleashed 2. My hopes and expectations are high, but I'm not gonna go out and pre-order it now because of the disappointment that was Force Unleashed 2.
    KOTOR 3! I'm holding out hope for next gen. But on the subject I haven't go to watch any videos on it but if Star Wars is in the name I'm interested.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I think 1313 has an interesting angle, and I agree that every Star Wars game doesn't have to be about jedis running around dominating. Battlefront (or Rogue Squadron) is probably my favorite series they've done. However, most Star Wars games have sucked IMO.

I think the overall style and environments look unique and I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Thread Information