Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm going to be fine with the ps3 for a year after the ps4 launch. By then, Sony's first party studios are going to make the wait unbearable. I'm trying to wait out next gen until the hardware gets reworked. I don't want anymore overheating issues on my hands.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Same here T4DM

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm going to be fine with the ps3 for a year after the ps4 launch. By then, Sony's first party studios are going to make the wait unbearable. I'm trying to wait out next gen until the hardware gets reworked. I don't want anymore overheating issues on my hands.
    Depending on what they have in launch year, I'm in the same boat. I got my PS3 on launch day for the BluRay player. I had a 1080p TV at that time, so it was well worth it.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Last i heard Star Wars 1313 isnt even coming to consoles this gen.
    Watch_Dogs wont look like that on a console until they release a "complete edition" for the next gen consoles. (Which is what they will probably do)

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I will buy PS4 if it comes out tomorrow.That doesn't mean i will throw my PS3 in the trash.There is still a lot of games i/will miss.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

6. Likes The Sith likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Lmao at the article saying the ps3 will have same visuals that were displayed in the Watch Dogs demo.
    Ubisoft lied they have been working on this kept secret project for 2 years. It's a brand new Engine that was built from the ground up for next gen consoles.. The same can be said about Lucas Arts and the Star Wars 1313. If you want to play games that have these awesome visuals than the ps4 is needed.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Weren't Watch Dogs and Star Wars running on PC hardware at E3?

The games look good but if we had a PS4 and the same game running on it (coded for it) I'm expect we'd see a difference.
    Ubisoft lied it was running on a Durango dev kit. They were showing the game privately behind closed doors using the Xbox SmartGlass.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Ubisoft lied it was running on a Durango dev kit. They were showing the game privately behind closed doors using the Xbox SmartGlass.
    No offense but Ubisoft are complete liars, Watchdogs will release on consoles with a delayed PC release like every Ubi game, and where you get ya info from, cuz that kinda confirms Durango was at E3 and there has been no mention of it, or is this a rumor?

Edit: just my final thought
    Watchdogs looks great, it really does
    But for a nextgen title, I expect better character models, if anything all I see is this game is running on the a improved AC3 engine, the realtime weather & lighting effects. and animation are some of the engine new features, many people are finding it hard to believe this is running on current hardware but perhaps thats because they want it to be nextgen, but yet I feel disappointed if it ain't on current gen cuz I don't see the jump, its not even close to Epics & SquareEnix tech, it looks like a current gen game to me, same with Starwars
    If the graphics in watchdogs were on Beyonds level then yeah, but they aint
    And I know they are two different game types & Watchdogs is open but a nextgen title should match a current character model regardless of gametype.

And Starwars 1313? A Uncharted clone running on UE3? Yeah thats nextgen right there

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by TGO; 06-10-2012 at 23:30.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Sage
    The links here are proof
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvQtx...e_gdata_player
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ablet-support/
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/e3-20...rtglass/097531
    The Ac3 in engine trailer was awesome but when they switched to the gameplay demonit looked like your standard ps3/360 game.
    Last edited by The Sith; 06-10-2012 at 23:42.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GlassGun
    Items American DadDaft PunkScarlett JohanssonNaughty DogPS3 SlimLucy PinderFinal Fantasy VIIDark SoulsPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    This subject has gotten very strange. I'm not saying I'm freaking out for a new system but I'm also not against a new one. What I don't understand is how the mentality towards new systems this gen has changed tremendously from the past. I agree the games are still getting better and better but not leaps and bounds. It is just odd to me when last gen 5 years after the releases of the major systems everyone was dying for a new system. Now most are "meh" than leaning towards the new gen. Even more crazy is how some try to make an argument saying we don't need it like this article. Nothing wrong with the article but honestly I never thought I would see the day when people were satisfied with a system, 5 years after release. Like I said I'm in the middle on this but slightly towards the PS4 so I'm not completely against taking this gen out about 2 more years or so. But if it released tomorrow...I would for sure buy one.
    I agree in that attitudes to a next gen consoles have changed. I also think this reason could be down to cost. People really don't want to get hit with another Ł500-600 price tag for a console. Also due to the lack of backward compatibility this gen people are scared that with the release of next gen a lot of their PS3 games may become redundant. (People may sell their existing hardware to help pay for the new) In addition to this, I think when one company jumps the gun, microsoft/sony. The other will be very quick to release theirs.
    As I read in another article about Microsoft and Sony's performance at E3 and that Microsoft was all about 2012; Sony about 2013, kinda hints that Microsoft is more ready to jump onto the next-gen than Sony?

But price is the biggy I think. If full BC is an all go on next-gen I'd be happy to purchase next-gen early into launch, however if not, I'd defo hold back with all the great games coming out on PS3 soon!

I'd personally be happy to hold onto PS3 for 2-3 more years.

Current Signature Too Tall for Size Limits

60 Gig Sony Playstation 3 |Sony Bravia 52" LCD | 5.1 SS

Selected Members Council
    The same can be said about Lucas Arts and the Star Wars 1313.
    Actually, no. Star Wars: 1313 is said to be using Unreal Engine 3.

I mentioned it back when I posted the video.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Guru
    I don't need a new console for another couple years at least. The PS3 has been everything i dreamed of in a gaming console. Just amazing game after amazing game.

And like someone else said, if the graphics never changed i'd be fine. Games look realistic enough the way they are now. How much better can it really get before we're playing movies? Part of gaming is that fine line between fantasy and reality.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I love me a pretty game, but I'm usually more interested in how a game plays than how it looks. I don't need a new Playstation anytime soon as long as games like "The Last Of Us", "Beyond: Two Souls" and "Lollipop Chainsaw" keep coming out.

Shut up and play games

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The links here are proof

UPDATE: So it has been reported LIVE on Spike that Watch Dogs was running on a PC and it will come to Xbox 360 and PS3. :/

UPDATE #2: Multiple Members of Ubisoft has been interviewed by both GameTrailers/Spike TV and IGN saying this was indeed running on a PC with the focus on pushing the Content. It will be coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 (which would require a downgrade version of the shaders and maybe even the animation compression) and then any other platforms that can push it as this product does NOT have an release date. So there you go, we will be able to play a version one day on the current systems, but we where looking at a high end PC version as I noticed in their Press Conference. Exciting times! - TAH

Hard call, wonder if it was a bluff, or if this will be a multi platform game as in the PC version gets ported to the next gen consoles.

ORIGINAL POST:
    Ubisoft reveals Watchdog, a new IP and it is for sure for next gen consoles as this one was running on a next gen Xbox dev kit. I talk about what points to this conclusion in this commentary.- Updated vid description
    Seems like it was just running on a high end PC for presentation sake. The PS360 version will be dumbed down and it will probably get a release on next gen consoles with graphics closer to the video.

Ancient
    The links here are proof
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ablet-support/
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/e3-20...rtglass/097531
    The Ac3 in engine trailer was awesome but when they switched to the gameplay demonit looked like your standard ps3/360 game.
    AC3? I haven't seen much only the boat gameplay, and I see the similarities, watch the footage again
    but the could be nextgen & supports a 360 feature o_O

btw, I have no doubt that the console version will be different graphically, I just don't see this as nextgen or perhaps its a 0.5
    nextgen title? its confirmed for PS3/360 thou, I've pre-ordered it even.

@Ghost-Rhayne
    A ultimate edition for nextgen? or Watchdogs 2?
    Last edited by TGO; 06-11-2012 at 10:55.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    AC3? I haven't seen much only the boat gameplay, and I see the similarities, watch the footage again
    but the could be nextgen & supports a 360 feature o_O

btw, I have no doubt that the console version will be different graphically, I just don't see this as nextgen or perhaps its a 0.5
    nextgen title? its confirmed for PS3/360 thou, I've pre-ordered it even.

@Ghost-Rhayne
    A ultimate edition for nextgen? or Watchdogs 2?
    I don't know, but when asked about what platforms it'll see, Ubi said "PC, PS3, 360 and...Well, we'll see" or something like that. He can only have been alluding to either Wii U or next gen.

Last gen we had Tomb Raider Underworld was released on both the PS2 and PS3, as was Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I don't see why this practice won't be repeated in the current next gen transition.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    I don't need a new console for another couple years at least. The PS3 has been everything i dreamed of in a gaming console. Just amazing game after amazing game.

And like someone else said, if the graphics never changed i'd be fine. Games look realistic enough the way they are now. How much better can it really get before we're playing movies? Part of gaming is that fine line between fantasy and reality.
    That has been said previous generations. These graphics will look like piss soon enough.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Sage
    @TGO that pic of the ship is from in-engine not from actual gameplay. Like I said the AC3 demo footage was all in-engine but when they switched to the actual game play it was totally different.

Ancient
    @TGO that pic of the ship is from in-engine not from actual gameplay. Like I said the AC3 demo footage was all in-engine but when they switched to the actual game play it was totally different.
    So that part won't look like that when I play it in a few months?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

PSN ID
    Showstopper47
    Beyond, Ascension, and The Last Of Us look amazing!

Thread Information