Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Easy Decision to Root Against Lebron

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/l...-finals-061112

Do you PSU NBA fans agree with this article? Because I sure don't.

This woman and other NBA fans are rooting against Lebron because of what didn't happen in Cleveland? What?

It makes no sense to me. Lebron stayed there for a long time and NEVER got the help he needed. He carried that team and this is how Cleveland fans and NBA fans treat him? Talk about ungrateful.

Yes, the fans did support him, but he supported the fans so much more. He put Cleveland on the map after so many years.

Now, you got authors like this who are rooting against the Heat just because of one player. Never mind great players like Bosh and Wade on the roster.

Let me ask the people who are rooting against the Heat tonight a question:

If you were in Lebron's situation in Cleveland and you wanted a championship, would you have stayed there? Yes or No?

One last thing that kind of shows this author lacks sport knowledge. She brings up Peyton Manning and the Colts and how Peyton stuck with the Colts. There's a big difference between the Colts and Cleveland: talent and support. Peyton ALWAYS had a talented offense with great WRs in Harrison and Wayne. Yes, he did not always have a decent defense to help, but he still had support. What did Lebron have in Cleveland?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Super Elite
    Hell no I wouldn't have stayed. If I was LeBron I would have left Cleveland too. There really wasn't much left he could do there, especially pretty much by himself, so when an opportunity arrises where you could leave for Miami Heat I'm 99% sure everyone would've done the same.

3. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    Hell no I wouldn't have stayed. If I was LeBron I would have left Cleveland too. There really wasn't much left he could do there, especially pretty much by himself, so when an opportunity arrises where you could leave for Miami Heat I'm 99% sure everyone would've done the same.
    Exactly. And I bet that 99% includes this author and Cleveland fans.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't hate lebron. I dislike the Heat. I did hate the television special, their arrogance a about how it was going to be easy to win championships (presumably why they all chose to play together) and just the fact that I don't like it in professional sport where players leave like that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    I don't hate lebron. I dislike the Heat. I did hate the television special, their arrogance a about how it was going to be easy to win championships (presumably why they all chose to play together) and just the fact that I don't like it in professional sport where players leave like that.
    What's wrong with him leaving? What was wrong about the way he left?

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    What's wrong with him leaving? What was wrong about the way he left?
    Nothing wrong with him leaving. But to have an hour long "decision" TV special and that retarded pep rally unveiling was completely classless.

The right way to do it would have been to have a press conference, thank the city and the organization for 7 years but say it's time to move on.

And the unveiling, a simple press conference would have been fine as well.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Nothing wrong with him leaving. But to have an hour long "decision" TV special and that retarded pep rally unveiling was completely classless.

The right way to do it would have been to have a press conference, thank the city and the organization for 7 years but say it's time to move on.

And the unveiling, a simple press conference would have been fine as well.
    This is from Wikipedia:

"On July 8, 2010, James announced on a live ESPN special, The Decision, that he would be playing for the Miami Heat for the 2010–11 season and teaming with Miami's other All-Star free agent signees Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The Decision was broadcast from the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich, Connecticut, and the show raised $2.5 million for the charity. The show raised an additional $3.5 million from advertisement revenue which was donated to other various charities"

So basically it brought in a ton of money, which means it was good bussiness for ESPN and LeBron, not to mention he raised a $#@!load of money for charity with that TV special. I don't know about you but that definitely sounds better than a press conference.

Veteran
    So a Thunder player just said that Lebron is a horrible defender. Game 4 should be pretty good.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    The hate for Lebron isn't surprising to me. He's kinda $#@!y. Remember when he said he was gonna win 10 championships for the Heat? Then he made fun of Dirk being sick in the finals last year, and he lost. I've never been a fan of Lebron, but at the same time, I don't hate him. He's a damn good player. I hate Kobe Bryant though, and his Stans.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I loved Lebron when he was with the Cavs. Then he went to the Heat and thought his $#@! didn't stink. Firstly, you have a TV show announcing your decision while not even telling the former employer and making him watch it on TV like the rest of us. You showed the world you couldn't handle the pressures of being "The Man" and degraded yourself to a role player in Miami. But the reason I decided to root against Lebron the most...

He crowned himself with 10 rings when he hasn't even won a first. They all thought they were gonna steamrolled through the finals after signing Lebron and Chris Soft to contracts. No, your team is a fraud and so are you. Michael Jordan said it the best in his Youtube shot at Lebron. "I don't recall telling you it was going to be easy". But I hope everyone's happy. The Finals are fixed. David Stern is happy and I'm done with the NBA.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran
    I don't think Lebron is a role player with the Heat, he's more of a main player. He's been a beast in these playoffs.

Lebron is only 1 win away from a ring.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I prefer OKC to win, but I'm not really annoyed at LeBron anymore.

But I do get their pain.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Thread Information