Latest PSU headlines:

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

No PS4 announcement at GamesCom, new PS3 Slim maybe..

It’s pretty much guaranteed that there will be no PS4 announcement at GamesCom, but there is a possibility that Sony could unveil a new PS3 Slim model. We already learned during E3 that Sony have not denied that they are or would work on a slimmer model as a way to bring the price down even further.

Shuhei Yoshida had got the attention of so many gamers when he showed an interest in a new PlayStation model, but he did say that Sony are happy with the current PS3 they have – so what’s it to be? We’re reminded that Sony often likes to release a cheaper slimmer version of their latest console ahead of a next-gen release, as this is a great way to keep sales figures up because we know that some gamers will be put off if they know a new model is just round the corner – unless the price is right of course.

With latest rumors suggesting that the PS4 could release late 2013 along with the Xbox 720, it would make sense for Sony to follow the same pattern and release a more compact version of their PlayStation 3. Having said that the current model is already a slimmed down version and while sales have slumped a little in recent months, all it would take is another price drop and a few amazing titles and the PS3 could begin to shift more units – well in theory.

We have to remember that the latest model was never advertised as a slim model so there could still be one yet. We know that a great deal of the inside of the PS3 is taken up with cooling, so if they managed to make the CPU and graphics smaller then there would be no need for the same amount of cooling, which in turn means a much smaller case design.

We’re not expecting anything as small as the PS2 slim, but how good would it be if Sony did manage to pull it off with a true PS3 Slim?
    http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/201...s3-slim-maybe/

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Just because they don't deny something doesn't confirm it. lol.

The current PS3 is small enough anyway.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSN ID
    Showstopper47
    Interesting

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I don't expect a PS4 til at least 2014 or 2015.

PSN ID
    mints59
    saves buying a new one...

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Would be cool if the new PS3 would be like the one Kaz got.

TA-pa-TA-pa-taPAtalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

7. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nye99
    i actually need a new one, feel mine is dying, so this would be great!

ADD ME- nye99

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It won't be slimmer but they could probably take some off the height and width and obviously make it lighter. But I doubt there'll be any additions, hopefully it at least has wireless N though, would be nice if the card readers returned too and they added a fourth for Vita cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    It won't be slimmer but they could probably take some off the height and width and obviously make it lighter. But I doubt there'll be any additions, hopefully it at least has wireless N though, would be nice if the card readers returned too and they added a fourth for Vita cards.
    I agree, wireless N would be a nice addition. It's odd, because the PS3 is the only console that has a 1 gigabit network card, yet doesn't have N.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Actually there's speculation a new PS3 is coming. If you press triangle on a disc on the XMB it now says 'Remove Disc' instead of 'Eject Disc' - which could point to a disc lid rather than it sliding out in a new model.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Super Elite
    Is this really needed? The current slim has only been out a few years.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Actually there's speculation a new PS3 is coming. If you press triangle on a disc on the XMB it now says 'Remove Disc' instead of 'Eject Disc' - which could point to a disc lid rather than it sliding out in a new model.
    Wow, smart thinking. Its always a possibility

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    The PSP 2000 was out for less time before the 3000 was introduced.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't expect a PS4 til at least 2014 or 2015.
    Agreed. Sony will propably look at ways to lower PS3 production costs even more in order to increase their profit margin. I honestly dont think Sony is in the financial situation to launch another console right now. Getting the company as a whole turned around is Sony's main concern at this present time imo.

Super Elite
    Well according to Sony there happy with the PS3 right now and Microsoft are happy with the 360 right now.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    The XMB’s references to the “Hard Disk” have also been reworded to System Storage. Could SONY slim down the PS3 even more with some new propriatary storage system?

3 ways to slim it down.
    Top load like the super slim PS2
    Some kind of flash storage system
    External PSU

Heck, bring out 2 super slim SKUs. One that will use internal, non removable, storage priced @199$ and one using Vita memory cards priced @ 149$!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    They could (but I doubt), switch from a 2.5" drive to a 1.8" but that's next to nothing really.

Thread Information