Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sorcery Only Sold 50,000 Copies Within Its First Two Weeks

Sorcery Only Sold 50,000 Copies Within Its First Two Weeks
    June 14th, 2012 at 12:25 pm -According to VGChartz.com, Sorcery only sold approximately 50,000 copies within its first two weeks. At first, it was shocking to read such a low statistic but with the small amount of publicity and the PlayStation Move fading into obscurity, this is actually no surprise. The PlayStation Move games have never captured the attention of the general public as of late with “Everybody Dance” only selling 60,000 copies and now Sorcery, which has only sold 50,000. This number does not include digital sales but there are two major reasons why this game has suffered.
    Firstly, this game was announced during E3 2010 when PlayStation Move began to gain momentum and then no news came for a long time. In 2011, Sorcery was barely heard of after its projected release date of Spring that year. E3 then came around and it was missing in action. Sorcery was in development hell. In the fall, the game was finally revealed again but overall it never received any positive exposure from the big video game journalism websites such as GameTrailers. With no confirmation of a release date or any information regarding Sorcery throughout the majority of the year, the game fell into obscurity.
    Secondly, Sorcery received average reviews with a metacritic score of 69. Many gamers believed that this new IP is a “waggle-fest” and Jim Sterling from Destructoid stated that the game was like “practicing for the national $#@!-a-thon.” Furthermore, Sorcery is a short game and does not offer any replayability and to get all the trophies, you have to create a New Game multiple times. Colin Moriarity of IGN agrees, mentioning that the PlayStation Move title has “[a] short adventure, no replay value and no online functionality to speak of.”
    Many PlayStation owners bought the PlayStation Move for the premise of Sorcery but the hype fell flat, thanks to the game falling into obscurity and the “mediocre” reviews it was given by players and reviewers alike. Sorcery only sold 50,000 copies and its a shame because the idea had tons of potential.

http://www.playstationeuphoria.com/p...two-weeks.html

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    This game came out already?. Huh.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There are many better games out at the moment, simple as that. Sorcery is nice I'm sure, but there is a $#@! load of way better games hitting the market. You really have to bring your A game in todays market.

PSN ID
    FreshRevenge
    Now I am pretty old fashion because the move controller doesn't really excite me that much. I think trying to build a whole game around the controller is first only going to appeal to casual gamers and alienate the hardcore gamers that pretty much have use the sixth axis PS3 controller that most gamers are familiar with since it is the same exact control from PS1. So who knows it may be a game that picks up momentum after it has been out in the public for a while

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshRevenge View Post
    Now I am pretty old fashion because the move controller doesn't really excite me that much. I think trying to build a whole game around the controller is first only going to appeal to casual gamers and alienate the hardcore gamers that pretty much have use the sixth axis PS3 controller that most gamers are familiar with since it is the same exact control from PS1. So who knows it may be a game that picks up momentum after it has been out in the public for a while
    I'm a core gamer, but I like Move a lot. It revolutionised FPS games for me with the Shaprshooter. Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 were so much more fun for me with the Move and SS. Soon I'll be playing Dust 514 with it and next year Bioshock (not sure SS will be used and I probably wouldn't for this game anyway). Counter Strike is also getting it and I wouldn't be surprised if it got patched into Aliens and Borderlands 2 sometime down the line.

It's different for everyone though, as is every other single aspect of gaming as everything has a hit or miss chance with the tastes of individual gamers. For some people it doesn't suit them at all. Especially with the SS, when I got the settings sussed on the various games, SS was so accurate and fun. For me personally, the precision of control offered by Move is the same as the difference between the dpad and analog stick.

People complain about it's lack of Move only experiences which is a fair enough complaint, bit Move is getting successful application in many core games (the a fore mentioned FPS games, as well as games like Heavy Rain and inFamous as well as the up coming LBP Karting). I will never played a FIFA game for example, and other will never play with Move, that's how $#@! rolls.

Elite Sage
    Hah, I didn't even know it was released. And can't say I'm surprised. I do believe that it is good game but Move-games are not going to sell.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Gee.. I wonder why.. There was absolutely zero advertising for it. Though I've not really seen a gaming ad on TV in quite some time. It also didnt help the campaign is only something like 6 hours. For me, I'll pick it up when its $20. As thats about as much as a 6 hour campaign with no co-op modes is worth to me.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Soldier 95B
    I never saw a SINGLE advertisement for it. I never HEARD a single advertisement for it. That might be part of the problem.

9. Likes darksora likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Better than I expcted. I imagine a lot of people bought it off PSN too thanks to being able to download it before release and playing it at midnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Sony needs to advertize their games. Lack of marketing is the problem imo.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Move is Dead.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    An accessory that sold 10 mil, whether its dead or not right now (its not), is a massive success. In fact I don't remember any Sony accessory selling this much (excluding regular controllers and memory cards).
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Guru
    Isn't vgchartz a banned source here?

Obligatory TapaTalk signature.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    What killed it for me was the price on this game. I was expecting something like $19.99, not $39.99. What is even funnier, you can buy the game brand new at Gamestop for $29.99. However, if you want it digitally, you will have to pay the $39.99 price.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The game was mediocre at best. Sales... well, no adverts, etc., might have made people that wanted it, but they completely forgot about it.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I don't think I've heard of this game before..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    What killed it for me was the price on this game. I was expecting something like $19.99, not $39.99. What is even funnier, you can buy the game brand new at Gamestop for $29.99. However, if you want it digitally, you will have to pay the $39.99 price.
    I think it just got a price cut on PSN this week actually, here it did anyway.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    After playing it, I wouldn't buy it for more than $10. I'm guessing it'll need another price cut.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I was ready to buy it till I learned it was only 6 or so hours long, after playing the demo.. I dont even know if i want to buy it. Doesnt seem as good as I thought it would. :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    really wish i never spent money on the move. every company buy sony speds a gajillion dollars on advertising, and it's clear who isnt spending anything. someone should go to japan and teach them marketing

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Thread Information