ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Nintendo didn't show much Wii U Titles cause They Don't Want Other Companies Copying

Title wouldn't fit so I reworded it
    Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata told investors this week that the company didn't show off very many first-party games at E3 because, essentially, they don't want other developers ripping them off.

“First, what we’ve shown at the E3 show are both the launch titles that will be released with Wii U hardware this holiday season and the launch window titles that will be released early next year or not long after the hardware launch," he said.

“We do have ideas of what kind of software we will be releasing after those two periods, and Mr. Miyamoto as well as I are both directly involved in the development process. Those include both our traditional franchises and of course new propositions as well.

“However, because we are now in the era when similar proposals can be made by the others just one year after we introduced a brand-new hardware system proposal, please understand that we really can’t say much about what else we are planning.”

Judging by the flood of motion controllers after the Wii's success, as well as the recent influx of dual-screen ideas (and before the Wii U has even launched, at that), their caution may be warranted in this case. It's just a shame we didn't get to see Zelda, Metroid or Star Fox games at E3 this year.
    Lol they copy each other all the time the hell.
    http://www.complex.com/video-games/2...s-copying-them

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    PR to cover up the fact that the Ninty presser was considered a massive failure.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Wii U is a dumb concept. Nothing fantastic about it. A weak console that will probably be marked up, uses a "tablet controller" which is not ergonomic... Nor is it "cutting edge" vis a vis any of the mainstream tablets out there..

Most, if not all, of what it can do may well be emulated by the Vita and the PS3/PS4.

It's going to come down to really one thing: Brand loyalty.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I agree.

Reggie went onto the Jimmy Fallon Show to demo the Wii U and at the start, Fallon was talking about the new accessory for the Wii lol. Not only is the concept of Wii replicable, it's not even being fully understood as a new console (as seen by CNN and Fallons errors, and I'm sure others have thought the same).

They also said that they will welcome exclusives on their platform but they aren't going to pay for them. lol

Sounds promising.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I was actually kinda interested in the tablet controller. I have not been a fan of motion controls and was happy that it seem that Nintendo was somewhat getting away from them(or so I thought). Since its introduction Nintendo has done nothing to sell me on the WiiU. This seems to be the same for many people.

They knew last year after E3 they had to do better. They acknowledge this publicly and kept telling everyone how much better this years E3 was going to be. In my opinion they did better at last years E3 selling people on the WiiU.

If they have these games they need to start showing at least some of them and stop worrying about the competition(which should be the least of their worries atm). What is there to hide? MS and Sony are pretty much winding down their first support for the 360 and PS3(I doubt there are many, if any, big first party titles left besides what is announced) and the competition is still a good year or two away from releasing their next consoles; if it takes Nintendo that long to get these games out they really have something to worry about.

I am starting to think that either Nintendo hasn't been working on the WiiU anywhere near as long as originally thought, ran into some problems with it or wasn't planning to release it for another year or so. Pikmin 3 was originally a completed(or near complete?), NSMB WiiU doesn't look like it does enough to make it stand out over the other NSMB games(at least not for something they are relying on to sale a new console in my opinion) and then there is Nintendoland. Besides being Nintendo character I don't get what makes it stand out any different than games like Thrillville.

Dedicated Member
    "it's not even being fully understood as a new console".

This is what I've been saying. I think one of the major problems with the Pii U is that the average consumer is not going to understand that's it's a brand new console. Or at least a major upgrade. They may just think it's the same as the Wii but with added functionality or something as if it were a rerelease.

And they can't show other games not because they don't want other companies copying, they just don't have alot of killer apps to sell the system. If your a company trying to launch a new product, you would want to show off it's features anyway you could I'd think.

Anyway, if it wasn't for Mario, Metriod and Zelda, I'd say the hell with Nintendo.

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Rrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggg gghhhhhhhhhhhht.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    That article is full of $#@!. Plain as

Nintendo are just like all the other companies
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    ROFL,this is coming from the company who ripped off the EyeToy games a generation ago and made an entire console based on the theme of the EyeToy.This is the company that copied the 360 controller design for their standard WiiU controller and what could developers copy when Nintendo only rehashes their franchises?

Ultimate Veteran
    This is also the same company that outsold the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with their latest console so they must be doing something right.

By the way, it's called the Wii U, not the Pii U. I'm not going to let derogatory terms like that fly just because we're not posting on a Nintendo-centric website.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    This is also the same company that outsold the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 with their latest console so they must be doing something right.

By the way, it's called the Wii U, not the Pii U. I'm not going to let derogatory terms like that fly just because we're not posting on a Nintendo-centric website.
    In my opinion they got lucky with the Wii that it ended up being a hit with the casual market. After the Gamecube they had no choice but to go after a different market with the Wii due to being unable to compete with Sony and Microsoft in terms of hardware.

I don't see how they are going to capture the same casual market with the WiiU, the tablet market is already taken and right now they haven't done much to show support for their core market. I like the idea of the tablet controller, but it is not going to push sales like motion controls did. It is going to take a constant supply of good games this time, which means they are going to need lots of third-party support. It's not that I don't think Nintendo first-party games don't sale(they do), but I am not sure they are going to be able to keep a steady flow of good first-party games on the WiiU.

Nintendo has also lost a lot of momentum with the Wii over the past year or so. This is something that could have to the WiiU at a fast pace and it may not have the great sales when it does happen to make up for it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    ROFL,this is coming from the company who ripped off the EyeToy games a generation ago and made an entire console based on the theme of the EyeToy.This is the company that copied the 360 controller design for their standard WiiU controller and what could developers copy when Nintendo only rehashes their franchises?
    Remember the game on the gameboy that required a camera? Remember the rumble implementation, remember being able to connect a handheld to a console to further enhance the game, and analogue sticks?

Tell me, what are the things Nintendo have copied from its competitors again, the idea of making a dual sticked pad?

Don't for a second doubt that what Nintendo does the others copy

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Last edited by BBK..; 06-18-2012 at 08:53.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Remember the game on the gameboy that required a camera? Remember the rumble implementation, remember being able to connect a handheld to a console to further enhance the game, and analogue sticks?

Tell me, what are the things Nintendo have copied from its competitors again, the idea of making a dual sticked pad?

Don't for a second doubt that what Nintendo does the others copy

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Same with Nintendo. It something is successful there will be copies, improvements and variations of it. This isn't limited to Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony. It is however silly to be paranoid as much as Nintendo would like everyone to believe they are and to call out your competition for copying as the reason; especially when your upcoming console is receiving the negative press as it has been and is in need of some great game announcements.

Nintendo seems to believe Sony is copying the WiiU with the PSVita interacting with the PS3 when the idea and improving it was introduced before the WiiU. I know the PSP/PSVita was not the first, but they took the idea a step further just as the WiiU is. Just because Nintendo had a camera for the Gameboy doesn't mean the Wii was influenced by the EyeToy and the EyeToy could very well have been influenced by the camera for the EyeToy(who knows). The whole idea about calling others out for copying is just silly, to some degree everything is copying something.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Not interested in this device in the slightest. Nintendo lost me as a customer the day they abandoned the hardcore crowd. I bet the games/experiences that this thing can produce can be done on a standard PS3 and Vita with little to no difference. Color me unimpressed. I'd rather play Assassin's Creed III on my current PS3, in which I already own, instead of dishing out $300 bucks for new hardware.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    An excuse on their part. So what they're implying is that they'll start to stealth-release their games from now on to prevent others from copying them?. They have to market their games somehow and E3 was the perfect place to showcase what the Wii U can do for the hardcore audience.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What a bs excuse. They blew a perfect opportunity at E3 to showcase what they had but all they showed us was crap.

Dedicated Member

I think u can get the hell over that. And quit effing with my post putting links in what I say when I didn't personally put them there. Keep em in your posts but don't put em in mine! Don't alter what I say a these forums!
    Last edited by Versus; 06-27-2012 at 05:45.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I think u can get the hell over that. And quit effing with my post putting links in what I say when I didn't personally put them there. Keep em in your posts but don't put em in mine! Don't alter what I say a these forums!
    I don't appreciate it when people start accusing me of something I didn't do. If I did edit your post, you would have seen a "Last edited by..." message at the very bottom with my username right before the time.

In any case, my original post still stands and if you don't like it then you're free to post elsewhere. Calling the Wii U the "Pii U" is no different than someone calling the PlayStation 3 the "gaystation" or the Xbox 360 the "$#@!box".
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-27-2012 at 06:49.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    I've always been a big Nintendo supporter, and I'm still planning on getting a Wii U, though not sure if sooner or later depending on the price. But this is crap. I can understand no Zelda or Smash, but they should've either a new IP or even another IP that was skipped on the Wii
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Dedicated Member
    I don't appreciate it when people start accusing me of something I didn't do. If I did edit your post, you would have seen a "Last edited by..." message at the very bottom with my username right before the time.

In any case, my original post still stands and if you don't like it then you're free to post elsewhere. Calling the Wii U the "Pii U" is no different than someone calling the PlayStation 3 the "gaystation" or the Xbox 360 the "$#@!box".
    I absolutely disagree with that. I get you didn't like I dissed the system, but what I said wasn't that derogatory at all. "gaystation" is a gay slur and "$#@!box" is a curseword. "Pii U" is more of like a passive term if someone thought something smelled funky lol. People now call Capcom "Crapcom" so is that bad too? Nobody did anything about that did they?

You overracted.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    LoL i guess every other company already know what games Ninty maybe have around the corner: Properly the usual suspects like Mario, Metroid, Zelda and some Star Fox / Kid Icarus stuff. It´s the same as every year, nothing special that would make sense to copy. Sorry Nintendo but the one or two innovative games for the Wii wasn´t enough to justify such behavior.

Thread Information