Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Jack wouldn't say anything else. Sony wants sales, profits, revenue and first place, first and foremost. Other console makers match them in the games department as well. So Sony will indeed looking to bring themselves back up.
    Yeah I guess you know better than the CEO of Sony America what their goals are. I'm yet to see these other console makers show anything that comes close to TLOU and Beyond.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah I guess you know better than the CEO of Sony America what their goals are.
    Yup, I know what the goals of CEO's and PR tactics are.

I'm yet to see these other console makers show anything that comes close to TLOU and Beyond.
    That's cool. We all have differing opinions.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

That's cool. We all have differing opinions.
    Would love to see the examples that back up your opinion in this particular point.

Soldier 95B
    Would love to see the examples that back up your opinion in this particular point.
    I am sure . But I won't take the bait...it will take the thread off topic. Feel free to PM me if you want though!

I hope the PS4 adds realtime updates in the background as a significant enhancement. Updates that just trickle down when the console is off or on and happen in the background entirely.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    no.. no ... no... no list war bait crap.
    LMAO

Selected Members Council
    Yeah, this wouldn't be the first time either.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Yeah, this wouldn't be the first time either.
    Yeah, you're right about that. Guess some can take part in such practices and not get called out for it.

8. Likes AaronSOLDIER , TEJ2025 likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    Yeah, you're right about that. Guess some can take part in such practices and not get called out for it.
    What are you talking about? Chille warned everyone on the second page in the same thread about list wars not being allowed.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-22-2012 at 09:09.

10. Likes Ghost likes this post
    PSN ID
    Marisaur
    I kind of do hope they hold the PS4 release for a while. I know they were late to the game this generation and are arguably still suffering for it, but the market isn't what it was back then. Video game culture is changing and traditional console hard/software sales are down. With everything evolving so fast, next year might be too soon to rush hardware out the gate and expect it to stay relevant for another 6 years.

I would hope they wait until modern gamers tastes stabilize and sales go back on an upswing, even if just for the sake of confidence with developer support. "Hardcore" gamers complain about the mainstream tastes but they are still consumers. The more hardware sold, the more confidence developers have in a platform and the more really, super-cool risks they take.

Then again maybe I'm so resistant to the next gen cause I'm broke and have a massive backlog of current gen titles to enjoy

Soldier 95B
    I was called out for that post right here. So who can take part? I never did get a PM

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Didn't feel the need to PM you so you could talk about MS's next two sequels of the same tired old IPs they've been milking for over half a decade, cause that's all MS has going against Sony's offerings, which are two stellar looking fresh IPs releasing in the twilight of this gen. I haven't seen anything near the buss for either halo or gears that TLOU has created.
    Last edited by Ghost; 06-22-2012 at 14:45.

Soldier 95B
    LOL ok. Wink

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy

When you stop and look at thread titles alone, let aside the fact that list wars are insipidly stupid, this thread has NOTHING to do with current gen or its software.

The thread you conveniently tried to link Soldier to with a list war WAS a thread about software lineups. AND he was warned for it by SMC.

Since staff doesn't see all, or know all, we moderate from what we do see, or is brought to our attention. If one of us says stop a certain behavior, DO IT. It is pretty simple. I said NO to a list war, and you rallied off to find some absolution in a post someone else did. Doesn't work like that. If a week ago you saw this list war, it should have been reported THEN and not used as some attempt to slight staff 6 days later.
    LMAO

Soldier 95B
    Back on topic, what SIGNIFICANT enhancements do you think the PS4 needs, besides the usual improved graphics and improved AI in games?

!! Watch Your Step !!
    Items Final Fantasy VIIPlayStationPS3 Slim
    i would like the wireless to remember ALL wireless networks that you connect to, i take mine all over the UK with me and hate having to set it up from scratch every time i want to log in. even PSP held older ones as options to choose from.

BC with PS3 games is a MUST imo, and things like pads and headsets too, i don't want my 80 sony PS3 headset to be useless once i upgrade to PS4. minimum 500BG HD too, my 320GB is very nearly full and i don't even have all of my games on it anymore.
    Now Playing: PS4!!!!

Join us for some online LOLZ - The BnW Clan est. 2008

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    I think the PS4 will release later than the XBOX720, 2, 6 maybe 10 months but it will humiliate the XBOX720 for power, ease of use, reliability, first party titles and games for harcore gamers

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    well there is no doubt about it that PS4 will also have Planetside 2, within that possiblity you should see a good amount of strength within the system. There is no way Sony will make a console that can't play Planetside 2 for their next system. with that being said I think it's pretty clear that the PS4 will be aimed right at hardcore gamers wanting hardcore games. it wont be 100% aimed at the core gamer but most of it will be, that's what I think. within their next MMORPG, Planetside 2, I expect these fully playable on the PS4 with the same integration experience just without the mouse and keyboard which is very much doable.

you can't really do these things on the PS3 unless you want to sacrifice graphics over amount of players over vehicles over basically anything working within the game itself. it's a fact that the PS3 just can't keep up with all those resources, I expect the PS4 to be doing all those things.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 06-22-2012 at 18:55.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    I think the PS4 will release later than the XBOX720, 2, 6 maybe 10 months but it will humiliate the XBOX720 for power, ease of use, reliability, first party titles and games for harcore gamers
    Very unlikely.

IN fact, much like this gen, expect each to be comparably powerful. If your scenario were to play out, the PS4 would cost a crap ton and have a very difficult launch. Besides, the 360 is already easy to dev for, expect the same for the next one. For Sony to make it any easier, they'd have to make the games for the devs.

Reliability wise, both consoles will be the same.

1st party titles, yes.. more of the same as this gen.

Hardcore gamers? ugh.. totally over and misused word. What is hardcore anyway? Someone who plays EVERYTHING that comes out? Or someone who is focused on one genre? Someone who is a master at ONE game and devotes all their time to it? All of those are "hardcore"
    LMAO

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    Hardcore gamers? ugh.. totally over and misused word. What is hardcore anyway? Someone who plays EVERYTHING that comes out? Or someone who is focused on one genre? Someone who is a master at ONE game and devotes all their time to it? All of those are "hardcore"
    The new definition of hardcore (my understanding from some peeps here) is that the game:

1. Must be on Blu-ray/DVD
    2. Must be a $60 retail title
    3. Must not have any motion options or mandates
    4. Must be rated M
    5. Must release on Tuesdays (in the US)
    6. Must be rated a 8/10 or higher
    7. Must be AAAAAAA

Not sure how they came up with that, but I guess that is what it is...now.

Selected Members Council
    I thought most people used the term to describe those who put more time into playing video games. Casual gamers, on the other hand, wouldn't spend as much time playing video games. But they still have fun regardless.

Soldier 95B
    I thought most people used the term to describe those who put more time into playing video games.
    That is my definition I have lived by as well.

I heart Blacksite...another fellow Wisconsinite

PSN ID
    Marisaur
    I thought most people used the term to describe those who put more time into playing video games.
    basically the politically correct term for NERRRRRDDDD

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    depends, you have both hardcore gamers and hardcore games. hardcore gamers are just that, hardcore gamers. Hardcore games are games like WoW, Everquest, MMORPG's in general anything that takes more time out of your life to play. Games requiring hours to level up or games that don't hold your hand every step of the way. Dark Souls for example is a hardcore game catered to a hardcore gamer. However, casuals (people that don't play all hours of the day) can also play games catered to hardcore gamers which in turn would still make them hardcore games.

games made for hardcore gamers aimed for that specific game are still played by casuals. Here's another example. All FPS games, every single one is based casual, but FPS games like Counter-strike was more of a hardcore FPS aimed at hardcore FPS gamers but it was still played by a lot of casuals. MMORPG's are played by thousands of hardcore gamers, the rest is played by casuals which still outnumber the hardcore gamer or better yet "hardcore MMORPG gamer, FPS gamer, etc etc.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I thought most people used the term to describe those who put more time into playing video games. Casual gamers, on the other hand, wouldn't spend as much time playing video games. But they still have fun regardless.
    Isn't that what a hardcore gamer generally means?.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B
    Back on topic, what SIGNIFICANT enhancements do you think the PS4 needs, besides the usual improved graphics and improved AI in games?
    Easy; Make their console easier to work with.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    I just don't see why it was such a shock that there was no PS4 E3 announcement. Sony clearly stated that the PS3 had a projected 10yr lifespan no matter what other consoles dropped. I agree with several other comments here saying the PS3 still has life. IMO we've just begun to see it's power i.e. Beyond,Last of Us,etc because 3rd party developers are just beginning to get the grasp of producing titles on the system.
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

Thread Information