Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by zex494 View Post
    I just don't see why it was such a shock that there was no PS4 E3 announcement. Sony clearly stated that the PS3 had a projected 10yr lifespan no matter what other consoles dropped. I agree with several other comments here saying the PS3 still has life. IMO we've just begun to see it's power i.e. Beyond,Last of Us,etc because 3rd party developers are just beginning to get the grasp of producing titles on the system.
    There are still great titles being developed for both consoles but the hardware is still limited. TLOU and Beyond look good but they still have that same "gamey" look that all games this gen have. You can still look at both and tell the difference between cut scene and gameplay. Hopefully, next gen it will be much harder to tell the difference. Theses are the types of enhancements I hope we will be getting.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-22-2012 at 23:16.

2. Likes Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    depends, you have both hardcore gamers and hardcore games. hardcore gamers are just that, hardcore gamers. Hardcore games are games like WoW, Everquest, MMORPG's in general anything that takes more time out of your life to play. Games requiring hours to level up or games that don't hold your hand every step of the way. Dark Souls for example is a hardcore game catered to a hardcore gamer. However, casuals (people that don't play all hours of the day) can also play games catered to hardcore gamers which in turn would still make them hardcore games.

games made for hardcore gamers aimed for that specific game are still played by casuals. Here's another example. All FPS games, every single one is based casual, but FPS games like Counter-strike was more of a hardcore FPS aimed at hardcore FPS gamers but it was still played by a lot of casuals. MMORPG's are played by thousands of hardcore gamers, the rest is played by casuals which still outnumber the hardcore gamer or better yet "hardcore MMORPG gamer, FPS gamer, etc etc.

In a way you just sort of validated my question. No one can drop a full, 100% definition of what IS hardcore gaming. Games can be hardcore, enjoyed by casuals. Casual games can be played by hardcore gamers.

I tend to find that people on gaming topic arguments will twist and spin definitions to fit within the scope of whatever argument they are having at that time.

Elite Member
    i just want installs and downloads to be faster.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    In a way you just sort of validated my question. No one can drop a full, 100% definition of what IS hardcore gaming. Games can be hardcore, enjoyed by casuals. Casual games can be played by hardcore gamers.

I tend to find that people on gaming topic arguments will twist and spin definitions to fit within the scope of whatever argument they are having at that time.
    you kind of can though, I was trying to define both core areas within that. you can define a hardcore gamer and you can define a hardcore game. so when discussing hardcore it's good to let someone know, such as hardcore game or gamer. just because casuals play it doesn't mean it's not a hardcore game. Eve online for example is 100% hardcore, some skills take months to learn and that right there is an example of a 100% hardcore game. But today I see a lot of people saying this or that game is hardcore when it really isn't. some games depend on what others do with it. CS is only hardcore because of all those tournaments so within that part of the discussion yes, you couldn't definie CS has a true hardcore game, but you definitely can with other games designed for that purpose of hardcore in mind and strictly catered to be hardcore.

for me, I think the PS4 will have more hardcore games, games like MMORPG's, MMOFPS, etc etc. online is going to become even bigger for the next Playstation system. I can't stress it enough but PS3 was the first mainstream online system that sony made. Sure the PS2 you could play online but it wasn't like that out of the box. I am sure hte experience will be a lot better on the PS4. I also expect the PS4 to have a better, faster, more polished OS or XMB compared to the PS3. What's funny is everything on the Vita seems to be better compared to the PS3. Sure it's not better graphics but performance wise the Vita is better in terms of XMB, RAM, etc etc.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 06-23-2012 at 02:01.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    you kind of can though, I was trying to define both core areas within that. you can define a hardcore gamer and you can define a hardcore game. so when discussing hardcore it's good to let someone know, such as hardcore game or gamer. just because casuals play it doesn't mean it's not a hardcore game. Eve online for example is 100% hardcore, some skills take months to learn and that right there is an example of a 100% hardcore game. But today I see a lot of people saying this or that game is hardcore when it really isn't. some games depend on what others do with it. CS is only hardcore because of all those tournaments so within that part of the discussion yes, you couldn't definie CS has a true hardcore game, but you definitely can with other games designed for that purpose of hardcore in mind and strictly catered to be hardcore.

for me, I think the PS4 will have more hardcore games, games like MMORPG's, MMOFPS, etc etc. online is going to become even bigger for the next Playstation system. I can't stress it enough but PS3 was the first mainstream online system that sony made. Sure the PS2 you could play online but it wasn't like that out of the box. I am sure hte experience will be a lot better on the PS4. I also expect the PS4 to have a better, faster, more polished OS or XMB compared to the PS3. What's funny is everything on the Vita seems to be better compared to the PS3. Sure it's not better graphics but performance wise the Vita is better in terms of XMB, RAM, etc etc.
    all good points

refreshing to have a civil discussion LOL

7. Dislikes Nitey is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Superior Member

What I want from the PS4. Of course hi def gaming with a smooth framerate but that should be a given. The biggest from me is a console that is easy for developers to work with. Allow for faster development time. This could mean quicker from conseption to release or basically fewer working on them so that would free up resources for other titles. No matter what...3rd party games are going to look basically equal unless one of the big 2 f's up big time. They produce to the lowest common denomenator so games are only going to look as good as the weakest console. There may be some minor differences but developers aren't going to go out of their way to make the game look different even if they have more power with one. I could care less if the consoles are exactly equal in processing power and so on...its always the features and exclusives that have me in Sony's corner. Their first party games and free online and integration of features and accessories.

I hope they give it enough power so we can see innovations along the way as the console evolves. As long as they aren't short-sighted in getting a cheap new pc out the door they should be able to add hopefully some VR type accessories along the way. I would imagine they would continue to allow the vita to work closely with the new console as I think that will be a great feature because that thing is super fun and I can see the possibilities. As far as features go...anything to improve the online functionality....better community functions, online browser, facebook/social media functionality.....better wifi or anything to enhance the online gaming to be more smoother. Cross-game chat...improved pseye...and keep bringing the games!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    In all honesty I'm going to agree with you minus one thing. I dont see Sony keeping it strictly with teh Vita, yes its fairly new and all that but I can probably see Sony pumping out some new handheld system just like the Vita to go along with the new PS4 as well as adding some way of the Vita still being in use. Its just Sony is looking to make decent money and the way the sales of the Vita went, they're probably gonna start developing some new system just like the Vita but with new features, and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    What I want from the PS4. Of course hi def gaming with a smooth framerate but that should be a given. The biggest from me is a console that is easy for developers to work with. Allow for faster development time. This could mean quicker from conseption to release or basically fewer working on them so that would free up resources for other titles. No matter what...3rd party games are going to look basically equal unless one of the big 2 f's up big time. They produce to the lowest common denomenator so games are only going to look as good as the weakest console. There may be some minor differences but developers aren't going to go out of their way to make the game look different even if they have more power with one. I could care less if the consoles are exactly equal in processing power and so on...its always the features and exclusives that have me in Sony's corner. Their first party games and free online and integration of features and accessories.

I hope they give it enough power so we can see innovations along the way as the console evolves. As long as they aren't short-sighted in getting a cheap new pc out the door they should be able to add hopefully some VR type accessories along the way. I would imagine they would continue to allow the vita to work closely with the new console as I think that will be a great feature because that thing is super fun and I can see the possibilities. As far as features go...anything to improve the online functionality....better community functions, online browser, facebook/social media functionality.....better wifi or anything to enhance the online gaming to be more smoother. Cross-game chat...improved pseye...and keep bringing the games!

i just want a more intergrated PSN, Lower launch price, Cross game chat and a console that is easy to develop for ake it back to how it was ps2 days ps2 was the console to own it won the gen by miles, however this time around i might wait it out and compare to see which console offers the best features etc or i might end up buying both again this time i want to be able to buy 1 console and have a console that has alot more than the other console

i can imagine microsoft are developing some new IPS for the new xbox thats why there is hardly any atm

Sony need to bring the getaway and mgs 5 for launch titles.. gurantee the consoles will fly out on launch

time will tell

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    What more could they do? Well, if Sony goes back to treating the Playstation like a video game console, there will be lots to improve. The graphics card is very old and outdated. The PS3 lacks so much ram it is unable to do cross game chat. There is plenty a new console could add over the PS3.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Camping > Run and Gun
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Lol..run n gun > camping...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    It depends actually.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Why shouldn't it?

The jump from PS2 to PS3 was big. They're just that focused on improving hardware for some time now, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It depends actually.
    FPS run n gun...3RD person, camp!

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    FPS run n gun...3RD person, camp!
    Shit that's what it seems like nowadays right lol.

I do camp less in first person shooters and that's because it's harder to camp.

Though I rushed more in older SOCOMs...I barely rush in BF3...go figure.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Well on the hardware side i agree PS3 donīt need any upgrades anytime soon but on the software side hell yes. The XMB is very outdated in terms of functions. I would like to see much more multi-tasking features like Ingame Music, Crossover Voicechat, Ingame Browser and so on. But Sony canīt do that without a complete new hardware so we have to wait for new announcements. I guess 2014/2015 will be the years when the PS4 hitting the stores.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Im interested in seeing these "significant enhancements" cause thats one thing I know Sony wont let me down on!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

18. Likes Ghost wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It depends actually.
    On the game, I agree. Halo is a run and gun game. I don't camp in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    I guess 2014/2015 will be the years when the PS4 hitting the stores.
    I imagine no later than 2013. The PS3 hardware is so dated, it's past tense now.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah the hardware is dated, it's only cause of external development technology like mo-cap and the godly programming of devs like ND and QD that it's still able to churn out beautiful looking games like TLOU and Beyond. I'll be rocking 7th gen tech for some time still, and the level we have now is fine by meeeeee.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah the hardware is dated, it's only cause of external development technology like mo-cap and the godly programming of devs like ND and QD that it's still able to churn out beautiful looking games like TLOU and Beyond. I'll be rocking 7th gen tech for some time still, and the level we have now is fine by meeeeee.
    Until next gen starts.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Until next gen starts.
    Nope. Developers aren't going to completely ditch a 150,000,000 7th gen instal base to make games for the few million next gen consoles sold. With the likes of Dust 514, Guild Wars 2, Sony's 1st party and 3rd party, I'll be fine. Plus I have about 30 games (out already, coming soon or coming next year) that I want still, there really isn't a lack of content for me. I will jump on the 8th gen train when there is more content and the price drops. PS3 and Vita surpass my gaming needs at the moment.

Forum Sage
    Nope. Developers aren't going to completely ditch a 150,000,000 7th gen instal base to make games for the few million next gen consoles sold. With the likes of Dust 514, Guild Wars 2, Sony's 1st party and 3rd party, I'll be fine. Plus I have about 30 games (out already, coming soon or coming next year) that I want still, there really isn't a lack of content for me. I will jump on the 8th gen train when there is more content and the price drops. PS3 and Vita surpass my gaming needs at the moment.
    Some will and some won't. There are developers out there that want new hardware just as well as those satisfied with the present. I will still buy the older games too but I will most likely play them on the next gen consoles. Its about the hardware for me.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    From what i have read PS4 wont be backwards compatiable to save money on cost

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Some will and some won't. There are developers out there that want new hardware just as well as those satisfied with the present. I will still buy the older games too but I will most likely play them on the next gen consoles. Its about the hardware for me.
    It's about the software for me...I still play Diablo 2, which should illustrate what makes gaming important for me.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    That's where the Gaikai acquisition comes into play.

27. Likes Fon , DeviousOne wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I'm sure they will have this worked out before it launches.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    That's where the Gaikai acquisition comes into play.
    Thats what im thinking (and hoping)

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information