Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Sony says PS4 will offer "significant" enhancements

Sony is unequivocal in its assertions that the PS3 is still the best console that it can make.

Frankly, it's kind of hard to figure out what to make of the state of the gaming industry right now.

PS4 will offer "significant" enhancementsFor the first time ever, we have 5- to 6-year-old consoles that are still chugging along. So, from Sony's perspective, what point is there to revealing a PS4? What could it do that the PS3 can't? If the answer is "not much," then there's no reason to unveil new hardware.

Long-time Playstation veteran and current head of the division Andrew House was quoted in a recent MCV interview as saying:

"The right time to talk about new advances in hardware is when you can demonstrate a significant leap on the current experience, and something that is going to be attractive. That remains our philosophy. Beyond that we have nothing to say at this point."

This is of course uncharted territory for the console gaming market. Never before has a console lived on for more than five years with virtually no one wondering when the next one would come.
    The Xbox 360 is admittedly starting to show its age and there have been far more many rumors about its successor than there have been for the PS4. Don't expect a Sony announcement in this realm any time soon.

Meanwhile, it is widely expected that Microsoft will be forced to announce the Xbox 720 at next year's E3 trade show
    http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...t-enhancements

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Hopefully one of these enhancements is better WiFi, wireless-n seems a must. I know it's something small and many see it as pointless (since if you're gonna game online you should go wired) but it's one of the thing that annoys me most. My neighbors can receive our wireless signal perfectly but our PS3 can barely stay connected to it with two interior walls between them. I'd rather have to buy an external wireless receiver such as the wireless-n adapter for the 360.

I had to question the last part of that quote though. Microsoft "forced to announce"? Honestly I think their console could last as long as the PS3, mainly because it's been third party games that have been dominating the scene and those end up being better on the 360, or at least more popular. I think MS will be fine being the earlier console again and becoming and staying the lead platform to develop next-gen games on (sorry, I don't believe in the Wii-U).

Soldier 95B
    Both consoles are pretty much equal and will be here for years to come. PS4 will be here when Sonys suits are ready to release it. It's all about money and timing not game experiences.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    No doubt it will offer some enhancements. Probably won't be seeing it until late 2014 or 2015 though. That's my guess.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I wouldn't mind. PS3 is still acting as if it were early gen, not the end, dishing out content left right and center. They don't really care about being first out or ahead in sales, but being the best.

6. Likes skinny_jr likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I wouldn't mind. PS3 is still acting as if it were early gen, not the end, dishing out content left right and center. They don't really care about being first out or ahead in sales, but being the best.
    Maybe the content but not the hardware. The content can continue forever but the games will still most likely look and play the same.

Its about giving giving devs better hardware to work with. Even though we still are getting great games devs are still are very limited on what they can achieve with the old hardware. Graphics and AI are ok now but next gen should be a significant improvement to both.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-20-2012 at 23:21.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Oh really now? The ps4 will have "significant enhancements" ? I didn't expect that!

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Elite Member
    Items BowserDoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Both consoles are pretty much equal and will be here for years to come. PS4 will be here when Sonys suits are ready to release it. It's all about money and timing not game experiences.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't agree in that they are pretty much equal, but I agree that it's all about the money.
    IMO Sony won't risk entering late into the race again, that was a fatal mistake this gen so even though they'll continue to release good games for the PS3 I'm willing to bet they'll announce the PS4 next year along with MS's Xbox720
    Thou shall not question my lame sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ancient
    Read this interview, I'm sure he said that they ain't revealing a new console until the technology is significantly better then PS3, So at the moment they ain't got anything.
    Its like Chinese whispers & captain obvious combined as one this article is lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Hardware wise, it should logically have better hardware, and hopefully improved controller, perhaps one that has at least one more button used for taking screen shots/video recording.
    Software wise, it should have the party/cross game chat just like PS Vita.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything else more specific that they should improve.

Since Sony likes to announce stuff two years before release, I would be very surprised if they announce PS4 at E3 in 2013 and launch it in the same year. I just can't see that happening.
    Not a chance, no matter how wrong I want to be.
    Last edited by Terminator 101; 06-20-2012 at 23:44.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    So what did E3 show again? ~3~ games which were show stoppers, where as E3 last year or 2 years, had all of us feeling like 'PS3 WOOWZAA!' It was games galore. This E3 had me and many others feeling like, Were at a standstill.' And in my opinion one that marks a need to move on, new consoles, the sooner the better, an I've yet to be convinced that the PS3 really has that much life left. My 360 however I've felt like it's on borrowed time for the past year, and kinect and smartglass don't help.

I'm sorry, but a gen 7.5 wouldn't bother me in the least bit, let alone the next gen in full swing.

13. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    Take your time Sony. Like Sony says, the generation doesn't start until they say it starts. Much like Nintendo, Sony beats to their own drum.

It's not about being first, it's about being the best and Sony has been the best since their arrival in 1994. That's not changing.
    Last edited by TDbank24; 06-21-2012 at 03:00.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Strange after Sony said they will be the next Xbox on the market now there saying we will wait and see. By doing this it will further put Sony behind. no e3 showing next year points to a 2014-2015 release.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Ultimate Veteran
    Iam ready fot the ps4 but sony cant launch it a year after 720 they must launch with in months

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    So what did E3 show again? ~3~ games which were show stoppers, [b]where as E3 last year or 2 years, had all of us feeling like 'PS3 WOOWZAA!' It was games galore.[\b] This E3 had me and many others feeling like, Were at a standstill.' And in my opinion one that marks a need to move on, new consoles, the sooner the better, an I've yet to be convinced that the PS3 really has that much life left. My 360 however I've felt like it's on borrowed time for the past year, and kinect and smartglass don't help.

I'm sorry, but a gen 7.5 wouldn't bother me in the least bit, let alone the next gen in full swing.
    No
    The last few E3 has had people wondering what devs are $#@!ing doing, complete lack of new stuff and have people asking whats the point of E3 cuz nobody announces $#@! like they use to
    This E3 has been almost a breath of fresh air, minus Usher
    There was new games are coming in left right and center with 2 games people think maybe nextgen, thou they are more nextgen 0.5
    So I don't know what world you have been living on but the industry looks more alive then it has since 2004
    And if ya not convinced that PS3 has more life in it after the quantum leap from Heavy Rain to Beyond, then ya just ignorant and you are gonna be disappointed for a bit of while.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by TGO; 06-21-2012 at 11:14.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No doubt it will offer some enhancements. Probably won't be seeing it until late 2014 or 2015 though. That's my guess.
    I personally think they will have it out in 2013. Sony's number one goal is to be in first place with the best sales and make tons of profit.

Veteran
    I'm glad Sony is thinking this way about their upcoming console, I just hope they truly deliver and give us a powerful machine that just like they say make us feel like it's significant.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I am wanting better performance then what the PS3 has and what it started with. in fact, they need to up the bandwidth limits when the PS4 comes out = more players and things on the field of battle. Battlefield for example with all the destruction and stuff takes up all the bandwidth so they can't have 64 players on a big battlefield, this right here ruins the experience and that is 100% Sonys fault. no reason anymore for such strict and ridiculous bandwidth limitations.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    ^^ 64 players on a field...59 of which are camping lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Soldier 95B
    Camping > Run and Gun

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Camping > Run and Gun
    Lol..run n gun > camping...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    lol..run n gun > camping...

Sent from my gt-i9100 using tapatalk 2
    rofl

Superior Member

No. The fatal issue was that they priced the console out of the main stream market. Now..of course I don't blame them...people were spending $400 on iphones and pads and crap no reason they wouldn't spend $600 on a state of the art console that played blu-ray movies and do so much more but then the financial collapse and suddenly they have a console thats games look all the same as their competitors (first party excluded) and a couple hundred dollars more and they just couldn't make up the difference in a years launch time. That price slowed their growth (even though they have slowly cut into the lead every year). They can overcome launching second...they just can't overcome a huge difference in price and little to no difference in perceived graphics or content.

26. Likes Thorzilla likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I personally think they will have it out in 2013. Sony's number one goal is to be in first place with the best sales and make tons of profit.
    Jack Tretton said something quite different in an E3 interview with Geoff. From 5:25:

"You look back again on history, we've never been first, we've never been cheapest, it's about being the best. I think if you can build a better machine and it's gonna come out a little bit later, that's better than rushing something to market that's gonna run out of gas for the long term. I think ideally in a perfect world you want the best machine that ships first that's cheapest, but you know, the number 1 goal is to be the best machine and that's what we're focused on."

Their philosophy pays off. Sony are still coming out with jaw dropping, bar raising games even now at the doorstep of gen 8. No other console maker is doing what Sony are with the PS3 now and that's a fact that demonstrates the power behind their strategy.

Soldier 95B
    Jack wouldn't say anything else. Sony wants sales, profits, revenue and first place, first and foremost. Other console makers match them in the games department as well. So Sony will indeed looking to bring themselves back up.

Thread Information