Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Earthbound
    Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Toriyama hints at new Final Fantasy XIII. XIII-3?

The article is a bit spoiler-ish as it talks about XIII-2, the DLC etc. But the chosen words are;

I think we want to take a step forward to advance our own project. From now on, Id be happy if you could anticipate it.
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=3027

Also another source:

http://gematsu.com/2012/06/final-fan...se-new-project

Again spoiler-ish so beware.
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Dedicated Member
    I think this is an absolute travasty of the highest degree for this franchise and for me personally as a long time fan. Why? It's simple really. FF used to be a series that told comprehensive tales with ONE installment and then moved on to a brand new universe with a new FF.

With FFXIII, they didn't tell the original story worth a damn (+all the gameplay complaints) so they made a 2nd game with a story that does a COMPLETE 180 in terms of it's story. Not to mention it's a god awful story with characters nobody wanted to play. And it doesn't even conclude to whole FFXIII tale, by leaving us with an intentional cliffhanger just so they can attempt to milk a 3rd game somehow. Not to mention all the moronic DLC for the game that nickle and dimes you.

There dragging out the FFXIII story so much now it's ridiculous. XIII-3 would be an absolute shame even if it DID turn out to me good for reasons I just mentioned.

FFXV > Any other FF game announments

3. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Oh, and my question to people who want a XIII-3 or think those people are stupid for not wanted so many FF sequels, lemme pose this question to you.

If even FFXIII-3 ended even without a cliffhanger but still fails to conclude this tale then what? Are you gonna keep asking for sequels? FFXIII-4? XIII-5? An animated series?

This isn't as well done as past FF prequel/sequels like the FFVII Compilation or FFX-2 where the stories continue on well and do give a conclusive end. Or tell the story from another perspective but doesn't feel milked. FFXIII tale has NEVER been handled well from the beginning and being drug along because it seems the writers can't get it right.

5. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Final Fantasy Versus XIII > Kingdom Hearts III > Final Fantasy XV > XVI etc.

That's all I ask.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I agree with the above, though I have enjoyed XIII and XIII-2..if they announced XIII-3 I will buy it. Though that better be the last one.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the FFXIII series. I want to see

Major SPOILERS below:

Last edited by The Black Wolf; 06-21-2012 at 12:25.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Member
    SE wants to try a trilogy for a change. I may not care for the FFXIII cast/universe but there's really nothing wrong with that. It'll sell regardless.

This just means that the "unrelated issues" that are preventing Nomura from showing Versus is because of the impending FFXIII-3 reveal. Which makes me wonder if Versus will see the light of day before 2014. If so then it's definatly time to forget about that game.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Nothing wrong with more than one story from a universe or final fantasy, just for me 13 wasn't really worthy of a sequel or even a trilogy.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Didn't buy XIII-2 and won't buy this. Prepares for thumbs down.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

12. Likes John25 , Cloudie likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I'll get it. For one, I loved XIII and XIII-2. As much as some of you hated them both, every Final Fantasy sets its very own tone and gameplay, making each FF a different one. I did enjoy the battle system a lot as well as I did love the story. Sure, there could have been a lot more things they could have developed over, or they could at least have explained the background story and lore a bit more in depth, but I feel like both games are worthy of the FF tag.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Meh already knew about a 3rd when they register the web domain and left 2 open.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Earthbound
    Seems they are killing the FF franchise one XIII at a time.
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    bet you that FFXIII-3 will be out before FF versus. personally, they killed this series off once XIII hit the shelves, this series is dead to me now. I don't think they have a clue on what they want to do.

17. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Earthbound
    The reason why they are doing this is because that engine cost SO much money to make, they have to get their monies worth. And FFXIII-2 hasn't broke 2M world wide.

So they will make another, and another, and another.

19. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    Oh, and my question to people who want a XIII-3 or think those people are stupid for not wanted so many FF sequels, lemme pose this question to you.

If even FFXIII-3 ended even without a cliffhanger but still fails to conclude this tale then what? Are you gonna keep asking for sequels? FFXIII-4? XIII-5? An animated series?

This isn't as well done as past FF prequel/sequels like the FFVII Compilation or FFX-2 where the stories continue on well and do give a conclusive end. Or tell the story from another perspective but doesn't feel milked. FFXIII tale has NEVER been handled well from the beginning and being drug along because it seems the writers can't get it right.

Agree, but I don't mind an FF-XIII-3 although it better be the last one...

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the FFXIII series. I want to see

Major SPOILERS below:

Same here. Too much needs to be told right now and surprisingly the story is really starting to come together.

22. Likes Dave-The-Rave , The Black Wolf likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    I don't know about this. A trilogy attempt is one thing I suppose, especially if they didn't wrap things up yet. But this is just blatant milking. Id say Someone else should take over the story and put XIII to rest already.

Master Guru
    they should just stop using numbers and start calling it volumes o.O Final Fantasy (title here) volume 1, 2, 3. otherwise we will see Final Fantasy 32. numbering them should only be used if the series of that particular title is continuing. So far, FF7 wasn't a continuation of FF8, 8 to 9, 9 to 10....X-2 was, but yea.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I remember when it took just 1 Final Fantasy game to tell you an extraordinary tale.

26. Likes Cloudie, AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Finish versus XIII before anything else god damnit!

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

28. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    they should just stop using numbers and start calling it volumes o.O Final Fantasy (title here) volume 1, 2, 3. otherwise we will see Final Fantasy 32. numbering them should only be used if the series of that particular title is continuing. So far, FF7 wasn't a continuation of FF8, 8 to 9, 9 to 10....X-2 was, but yea.
    Heeeey! That's acutally a GREAT idea I've never thought of before XD. I like using volumes, but I don't get your reasoning there tho. I don't get your example, it's not clicking in my head.

I'd prefer for them to stop using "-2" and use perhaps FINAL FANTASY XIII Volume 2. It sounds more professional. And as the numbers get larger, the worse that would sound. Then again they could just use a good sub title.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    Heeeey! That's acutally a GREAT idea I've never thought of before XD. I like using volumes, but I don't get your reasoning there tho. I don't get your example, it's not clicking in my head.

I'd prefer for them to stop using "-2" and use perhaps FINAL FANTASY XIII Volume 2. It sounds more professional. And as the numbers get larger, the worse that would sound. Then again they could just use a good sub title.
    my reasoning is pretty simple, you use a subtitle then vol, 1, 2, 3 etc etc considering it's a story. not that its important, it really isn't but to me it makes more sense. no reason for FF13 considering it doesn't tie in with previous FF games which also don't really tie in with others.

What SE has done with fix a formula that wasn't broken, when developers do that, this is the outcome you see. like someone else stated that FF13-2 didn't sell well at all, it wasn't a boomed sale, it bombed compared to other FF games. This company (square/Enix) relies to heavily on the Final Fantasy series. They have other RPG games out there that need more attention but they focuse 98% of there efforts in the FF series which to me is going to end up being a epic failure. SE is already sliding down the epic pits of failure. They keep on going this route of stupidity we are going to end up seeing SE being sold to another company.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    I remember when it took just 1 Final Fantasy game to tell you an extraordinary tale.
    Amen.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Why?!? Stop trying to force-feed us Toriyama. After Vs XIII(or whatever it is now) i seriously doubt i'll buy another FF. Unless XIV 2.0 delivers
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    zex494
    Quote Originally Posted by fonfahbre View Post
    i remember when it took just 1 final fantasy game to tell you an extraordinary tale.
    this!
    I had no intentions of becoming a leader. It is as a warrior how I shall be remembered, but these are hardly numbers worth dying for.
    -Zechs Merquise

Thread Information