Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Crytek confirms CryEngine 3 games for Wii U.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/new...for-wii-u.html
    Crytek confirms CryEngine 3 title in development for Wii U
    Published Wednesday, Jun 20 2012, 10:38pm EDT | By Scott Nichols | Add comment
    Crytek has confirmed that a game using its CryEngine 3 is currently in development for Wii U.

Crytek boss Cevat Yerli has admitted however that, although he is impressed with the Wii U, his studio will not be directly making games for the system.

"My opinion of the Wii U is very high," he told CVG. "It's just that we didn't have a business case unfortunately that justifies us making a game for it."

He went on to admit that even if Crytek itself doesn't have any Wii U games planned, the studio's powerful CryEngine 3 is already being put to work on Nintendo's next system by a "respected developer".

"It doesn't mean that CryEngine 3 doesn't run on Wii U - it actually runs beautifully," he added. "In fact, there actually is a game in development from a respected developer that we will be announcing. I've seen the game running and it looks really great."

Yerli also commented on the Wii U's capabilities compared to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

"From my perspective I do not understand the public's concerns that the Wii U is weaker than PS3 and 360," he said. "That I cannot see. From my perspective the Wii U is minimum as powerful as Xbox 360."

CryEngine 3 is being used in upcoming titles Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3.

Screenshot gallery - view images of Crysis 3 below:

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Master Poster
    That's interesting to hear, would really like to see how good it is as we all know the wiiU is more powerful than PS3 and 360

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    thats cool that Crytek is leting other game devs use CryEngine 3 for next gen gameing maybe it will give the new unreal engine a run for its money cant waite to see Cry engine runing on the wii u

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I have a bad feeling the WiiU is going to hold back the PS4 and 720 when the nextgen starts.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I don't think this would have anything to do with holding the newer consoles back. The cryengine has some scalability that is enormous, without holding the others back. They did a video/article about this very thing.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I have a bad feeling the WiiU is going to hold back the PS4 and 720 when the nextgen starts.
    Nope, if anything, if the difference in power is really big between the Wii U and Sony/MS, then it will probably be like this gen with the Wii. Most third parties putting little to no effort on the Wii U, while concentrating on Sony and MS's systems.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Thread Information