Items Final Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Nintendo 3DS XL Announced - Launches July & August

- 90% Larger screen
    - Better Battery
    - 4GB SD Card included
    - July 28th Japan, August 19th America
    Quote Originally Posted by neoxthexone View Post
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I'd better give my opinion on this. I've been reading about it on some other websites and there seems to be a lot of either butthurt or disappointed people regarding this news... Firstly, of course its not going to have a second nub why would Nintendo split their userbase. And secondly, its the same damn hardware its not like its the next generation of handheld

Anyway, I'm very happy with my 3DS and I like the size. But i do think this is pretty cool. The 3D on a larger screen would be interesting, and I do like how the top screen is surrounded by the colour of the device not just black... but I really don't like the curved edges :/

The extra battery life is welcome, and I also really like the matte finish. I'll stick to my 3DS but if they ever bring out a matte, regular sized one... damn. I want that. Hate all the fingerprints.

I have a few questions too. Is there a way at all to transfer all of your streespass and play data over to a new 3DS? Also how big was the SD card included with the 3DS? Like 2GB?

3. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Earthbound
    Yes. They added a transfer feature in one of the previous firmware updates. It can all move across wirelessly as far as I am aware, the stuff on the SD card doesn't move across cause you can simply remove the card and insert it in the new machine:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/...020_46996.html
    DC is the hero PSU deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll ban him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector. The DC.

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    That's mad! I'm a sucker for new hardware so if a 3DS lite comes out I'll do that for sure....

I tend to upgrade all of my consoles... Ps2 slim, ps3 slim, 360 new model, DS lite etc lol

Via Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Why no second circle pad ? Just not to upset original owners? And i think the more top screen gets,the more your eyes will hurt after a long session.Because you will be holding it at the same distance.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Earthbound
    Nintendo obviously believe there is no huge clamouring for a second circle pad on the 3DS.

I think when the Vita was announced and launched with a 2nd stick, they panicked. Hence the Circle Pad Pro. But the Vita's sales aren't doing very well at all, and the 3DS is tearing it up in comparison.

Why? Is it the price, or the games or both. But one thing is telling, customers are preferring the 3DS right now. So why change what is not broken?

8. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Wait will the Circle Pad Pro fit this new 3DS? Or will they have to make a second version of the pad to fit this larger variant and if so why not just include the the second stick in the original design?
    Last edited by Minimoose117; 06-22-2012 at 10:53. Reason: Typo
    Redeemer & Destroyer. Pawn & Messiah.
    Welcome Time-Spanned Soul.
    Welcome To Your Destiny.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Isn't that a little too big?
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Nintendo already segregated the userbase by introducing the Circle Pad Pro. By putting one into an updated version of the 3DS, that would by default increase the number of people who have dual sliders, therefore developers would be more inclined to support it. After playing on a Vita. I can never again go back to a single analogue setup, it's terrible.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Hmmm, now the question is do I get a 3DS when KH DDD comes out or do I wait for this?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Although I wanted a second nub I'll take that it has better battery life. Damn that thing is huge why didn't they just make a lite version?

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Quote Originally Posted by R3D D3V!L View Post
    Nintendo already segregated the userbase by introducing the Circle Pad Pro. By putting one into an updated version of the 3DS, that would by default increase the number of people who have dual sliders, therefore developers would be more inclined to support it. After playing on a Vita. I can never again go back to a single analogue setup, it's terrible.
    I don't mean to start anything of course, but Nintendo hasn't segregated their user base with the Circle Pad Pro. Its an option that some games take advantage of, there isnt any games that actually NEED it

For ME, and the games I wanna play on my 3DS.. I don't see a second nub THAT necessary. Then again the PSP didn't bother me too much lol

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I'm gonna wait a couple more years, now that they're releasing this, they might actually go ahead and release another redesign within the next 18 months + price drop.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    As a Nintendo Ambassador I can say...$#@! YOU NINTENDO. For royally screwing with your loyal fanbase, $#@! YOU. So, you're releasing the Dual Analogue XL add-on later on right, instead of adding it to the design? Seriously, screw you Nintendo. I've lost all respect I had left for you.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    im kinda confused if i should return my 3DS back to the store now as ive only had it for 4 days on my shelf and get a PS Vita instead and this one when its out end of July in europe. Do any of you guys actually get cramps or very tired of holding your 3DS/Vita consoles quickly ? this one seems quite huge on the go and weighs even quite a bit more than the 3G version of the Vita. The only really bad thing ive noticed about the 3DS is that its kinda useless when you wanan play it in your bed, theres no way you can hold it like a PSP in a comfotrable position due to its size and grip and the clam shell design

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    If you lay on your back, my hands used to ache from the phat PSP, but the slim is fine.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    ye i have the slim PSP-2k aswell its really great when lying on ur back in bed it doesnt weigh anything works wonders one of the reasons why i love the regular psp so much. I guess its better to keep the normal 3DS then the new one looks more like it has to rest on a lap most of the time, but im guessing its more close to the size of the regular DS XL. Going to wait with the Vita till the AC Liberation bundle i think

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    As a Nintendo Ambassador I can say...$#@! YOU NINTENDO. For royally screwing with your loyal fanbase, $#@! YOU. So, you're releasing the Dual Analogue XL add-on later on right, instead of adding it to the design? Seriously, screw you Nintendo. I've lost all respect I had left for you.
    It is an odd decision.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    It looks...ugly. In comparison to the current 3DS, which is a slick looking device. Can't imagine what it will look like if/when they bring out a CPP attachment for this lol

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I'm gonna wait a couple more years, now that they're releasing this, they might actually go ahead and release another redesign within the next 18 months + price drop.
    Same here. Was hoping for a 2nd pad - I'm in no rush though

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Same here. Was hoping for a 2nd pad - I'm in no rush though
    Yep, me neither. Any games that I want one for now are still gonna be there in a couple years time.

Right now I have a huge backlog on both PS3 and PSP.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This was an obvious entry coming into the list of sku's. Next will be the Lite version. Don't like it, too bad lol. Get over the drama.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Why not release this at the start ?
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    No second thumb stick, don't like it, won't be buying it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    No second thumb stick, don't like it, won't be buying it.
    I haven't had any issues with the games due to the system only having a single analog stick.

27. Likes GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    It actually looks a lot closer to the original DS clamshell desgin now.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Thread Information