Latest PSU headlines:

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Question: I need help

Man I'm getting pretty pissed. So I just downloaded a game last night.(Ghost Recon) So I turned on my ps3 loaded up the game went through the ps move logo and the screen went pitch black. I was waiting for a couple of minutes and it was still black. What's wrong with it? This never happened before. I really wanted to play the game after I just spent 60 bucks on it my other downloadables won't work either help please?
    Ps:It's a slim

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Seeing as how your other downloadables don't work either. I suggest backing up everything and doing a system restore. Then trying it again. If that fails. I have no idea what to tell you.

3. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It's probably just a bad download (yes this has happened to me before, redownloading it fixed the problem). I know it sucks but this is very rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

5. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    ^ another reason I hate digital downloads

7. Likes RaY_210 , PS4freak likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    That one game messed up all my others that I downloaded? Well I'll think I'll try what emmerich said. If all else fails..well that sucks can't really do nothing about it but buy another hard drive or ps3. Thanks for the replies guy's I'd rep you if it weren't for the rep button being broken.

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    You didn't mention that other games weren't running so I guess in that case it might be a bad HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    ^ another reason I hate digital downloads
    The pros still outway the cons for me, especially if running from an SSD, you can say goodbye to load times.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

10. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    my other downloadables won't work either
    I did. Well I appreciate you trying to help me anyways Aaron thanks.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Sorry dunno how I missed that.

Anyway so long as you can get onto the XMB to save your saves then its not too bad even if you have to get a new HDD (they're really cheap now) but I don't think it'll come to that.

13. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Yeah I hope so thanks again man I appreciate it.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Let us know how it all pans out Kuro

16. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Looks like I gotta get a new hard drive not too pissed been meaning to get a new one anyways as soon as I get paid I'll go pick one up.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Sometimes when I load a game the screen goes black too, but I hear audio. For some reason I need to turn the monitor off and on.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yep why I hate digital. If your HDD goes out you are absolutely screwed. You have to go back through and redownload everything. Quite annoying to say the least. I feel for you Kuro.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

20. Likes Lebowski , Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yep why I hate digital. If your HDD goes out you are absolutely screwed. You have to go back through and redownload everything. Quite annoying to say the least. I feel for you Kuro.
    Yep pain-in-the-ass sucks..Well thanks for the condolences freak.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    SSDs don't die.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Lol do they make any that are compatible for ps3?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah they all are, their only downside is the price but I just got one pretty cheap (for my laptop, but it would also work in my PS3). If you find one at a decent price just make sure its 2.5", you're load times will almost disappear.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Oh ok cool thank's man I'll look around freaking hate load times

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Let's see why I hate digital downloads

- Internet service bound to interrupt if a power outage happens or if a few power lines fall

- Or if you have a $#@!ty ISP like mine who likes to overcharge like Apple products for low download cap, then a big file like Ghost Recon is troublesome for a 60gb monthly limit.

- Big files take a long while to download..anything over 2.5gb is ridiculous to me, and I've downloaded DCUO digitally..with their bull$#@! updates too..yeah, I'm gonna stick to BLU-RAY DISCS.

- Takes the originality out of having a physical piece of proof that you own the game. I'm a collector, so naturally I prefer all media to be physical.

That being said, a digital file can be downloaded as many times as possible if you're on the same account, which elimanates the possibility of you "losing your copy". No damage done. Discs are prone to crack or you to scratch them. That's only if you are a CARELESS owner. Buy disc pouches to keep your games in, or keep them in the covers.

Physical pros far outweigh the cons for me. I'm a little old school like that.

Hell, I even despise when I see "digital copy" included in one of my blu-ray movies. To this day, I have never activated one. And I tried. But you have to sign up for this and this and that. I found it's easier to just torrent my digital copy. No hassle. And still borderline legal in Canada lol. But it's no wonder blu-rays are expensive, because of that added storage media option crap.

No matter what you say, no one will ever be able to convince me to switch to digital media. Physical media all the way.

27. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Once my digital Borderlands automatically turned off my ps3 and when I restarted the system, I was greeted by a "rebuilding corrupt system data" screen that took like 30mins.
    Never had I been so worried about my ps3. Digital downloads can really screw up if not done well.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Let's see why I hate digital downloads

- Internet service bound to interrupt if a power outage happens or if a few power lines fall

- Or if you have a $#@!ty ISP like mine who likes to overcharge like Apple products for low download cap, then a big file like Ghost Recon is troublesome for a 60gb monthly limit.

- Big files take a long while to download..anything over 2.5gb is ridiculous to me, and I've downloaded DCUO digitally..with their bull$#@! updates too..yeah, I'm gonna stick to BLU-RAY DISCS.

- Takes the originality out of having a physical piece of proof that you own the game. I'm a collector, so naturally I prefer all media to be physical.

That being said, a digital file can be downloaded as many times as possible if you're on the same account, which elimanates the possibility of you "losing your copy". No damage done. Discs are prone to crack or you to scratch them. That's only if you are a CARELESS owner. Buy disc pouches to keep your games in, or keep them in the covers.

Physical pros far outweigh the cons for me. I'm a little old school like that.

Hell, I even despise when I see "digital copy" included in one of my blu-ray movies. To this day, I have never activated one. And I tried. But you have to sign up for this and this and that. I found it's easier to just torrent my digital copy. No hassle. And still borderline legal in Canada lol. But it's no wonder blu-rays are expensive, because of that added storage media option crap.

No matter what you say, no one will ever be able to convince me to switch to digital media. Physical media all the way.
    I'm the same way. I much prefer physical copies to download. But I'm not a collector, so that's why I much preferred to pay $5 a piece for FF VI-IX lol. On another note, what happened with the rep button?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Thread Information