Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wouldn't be surprised if some of the people who did leave left because the site gradually evolved from a PlayStation-centric forum to one that accepts discussions of multiple gaming platforms, although the former, I feel, still gets the most attention, which is fine, of course.

I don't know if past administrations, specifically when Dave, carocat and Seb ran the show, had people moderating that maybe wanted to let a certain group prosper over another, but I feel that we're far more lenient and open-minded when we try to handle things. Maybe that bores certain people - fine. For the most part though, it's as Ixion says... the activity we see on the forums (or any website) depends largely on the content that there is to discuss.

And of course we still have some bugs to iron out as well.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-24-2012 at 17:45.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I don't see any issues right now, or for a decent time prior to my medical leave.... the multiple platform discussions have been here since before my joining date so that shouldn't really be an issue. I don't feel that anything is really wrong here. It's a personal preference for each person and the choices they make on whether they stay or not.

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    n my opinion its hard to find the group u fit n, i first joined i felt alone and when i tried to post stuff it felt like vultures in a blood bath not only that but i think gaming is slowing down, im losing interest in it but i also hav a new boy but the site is lacking features i dont know what but it starting to feel boring

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I wouldn't want to be a part of a member group. I post my thoughts, and leave it at that.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Everyone one onto themselves, but we do stick together when we need to
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I wouldn't want to be a part of a member group. I post my thoughts, and leave it at that.
    I too am the same but do enjoy my fellow Man UTD posters.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mankind View Post
    I too am the same but do enjoy my fellow Man UTD posters.
    Nothing wrong with that at all. What I wouldn't do is change my posts to equal out with the people I enjoy reading posts/threads from. I'm a Liverpool fan, for the past 30 years, but I still like Man U, and a lot of other teams in EPL, and other leagues. I wouldn't agree on a lot of things other Liverpool fans were obscene about other teams, etc. That's the same with the gaming aspects of this place.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I do enjoy the way i can pop in and out if a thread and have a conversation with group of great friends
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Here is my thoughts on the matter.

I know for me, this is my busy time of the year for work. From about April-September, I am slammed with building decks damn near 7 days a week. I rarely play any video games right now, and when I do, I am playing on my Vita late at night in bed.

I try to come on here a much as I can. I don't currently have the time to research upcoming games and I really feel out of the loop the entire summer.

I expect once the nice weather ends, the members will get back to gaming and the forum will once again be as lively as it was before. I know I am on here quite a bit during the winter.

El Presidente
    It's a little bit slow but we're in the period of this gen of consoles is probably close to over. The next-gen is rumored but there is no solid information and so nothing to talk about. I know it will pick up we're just in a transition period and it's slowed down.

How old do people consider somebody an old or veteran member? Just curious. I know it's doesn't feel like I've been here for 4 years.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    It's a little bit slow but we're in the period of this gen of consoles is probably close to over. The next-gen is rumored but there is no solid information and so nothing to talk about. I know it will pick up we're just in a transition period and it's slowed down.

How old do people consider somebody an old or veteran member? Just curious. I know it's doesn't feel like I've been here for 4 years.
    In my opinion, three years, at least. That's the most amount of time people tend to stay on a forum before deciding on whether or not to move on.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well i am here, as long as the forum is still here. I am here 3 years and tend to be here forever. I love it here

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    As long as the forum is here, I will be too. So many different types of discussion to be a part of. Great members, new ones, old ones, and in between those two.

14. Likes Ixion , Lethal likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    We are the ones that have made the forum what it is, but the staff have made us make the forum what it is and that is great for me

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Ghost-Rhayne left?. We're screwed!. In all seriousness it's actually bad losing good members like him because of the discussions he was involved in. The same with Unicron7, when you lack members who greatly oppose opinions of others, you lose that spark in activity(Even though they might get a bit out of hand afterward, their debates were still good to read). A shame really.

I'll do what I can on my part - now that work has gone past the hellish state, I can be more active on the graphics forums but of course I can't do it alone. Sucks that Vengeful_Blur isn't around because he did an insanely good job at keeping things lively in there. Anywhere else, I'm nowhere near as active as Ghost-Rhayne was.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    If anything, I think the focus should be on turning new members into the longstanding members that we're talking about losing. We can't expect these people to stay around. Most of the time, they have valid reasons for leaving and nothing we do will stop it. But we have an abundance of new members signing up each and every day, and they could become the next nskinnear, -Deadpool-, or hell, maybe even the next SchaffinOSX.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    If anything, I think the focus should be on turning new members into the longstanding members that we're talking about losing. We can't expect these people to stay around. Most of the time, they have valid reasons for leaving and nothing we do will stop it. But we have an abundance of new members signing up each and every day, and they could become the next nskinnear, -Deadpool-, or hell, maybe even the next SchaffinOSX.
    Don't scare the new members away.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Wouldnt the better question be, why did Ghost leave.
    I understand from the last post, he was miffed about something, or someone.
    At the end of the day if he is miffed because he's not allowed to go outside the rules, then you cant really do much.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, I didn't really wanna go into that too much, but that has an effect on some people and they leave. Nothing you can really do about that. I believe as long as the rules are enforced in a fair and consistent way, then it doesn't matter who we lose.

Super Moderator

PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, I didn't really wanna go into that too much, but that has an effect on some people and they leave. Nothing you can really do about that. I believe as long as the rules are enforced in a fair and consistent way, then it doesn't matter who we lose.

Pffft! If I leave, this place will be doomed!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Pffft! If I leave, this place will be doomed!!!!!!!!!!!
    Change that to; "Pffft! If I leave, I'll be doomed!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by F34R; 06-25-2012 at 15:44.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    If i leave then the place would loose a near legend lol.

But we all know we have to face this problem head on and accept the forum is what it is and long standing members will leave no matter how we spin it

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    No we won't..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    If i leave then the place would loose a near legend lol.

But we all know we have to face this problem head on and accept the forum is what it is and long standing members will leave no matter how we spin it
    The problems that make people leave are personal issues. If someone gets by all that they have that makes their mind up about leaving, then they will be like me.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well true. But others might leave. Because they live in a world were the forum is their only friend and it consumes their life and its an addiction being on a site were you ingage in a social conversation that you have to know every little detail and and cannot miss a second of the lates thing. I know personal issuses are a factor and i agree with you on that. But other factors do come into it, like addiction to a social media that revolves around your favourite thing, be it gaming, football, wrestling or epic lol fails

We all acknowledge we have a role to play in keeping the forum alive. But we have to accept life is not always about digital interactions, its about life interactions. The real world is their to be explored and when worthy, posted on the forum for a thread to be commented in
    Last edited by claud3; 06-25-2012 at 16:36.

Thread Information