Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Dragonís Dogma to spawn sequels, hits 1 million shipped

http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/25/drag...llion-shipped/
    Looking forward to a sequel.

Capcom Japan has announced that Dragonís Dogma has shipped 1 million units worldwide.
    In a press release, the publisher said Dragonís Dogma is 55th title to top the 1 million shipped mark; the amount shipped to retailers does not necessarily line up with sales, but it does indicate reasonable demand for the game.
    Additionally, while it didnít give numbers, Capcom noted that Dragonís Dogma had set a first-week sales record in Japan as the best-selling new property launch in ten years.

As a result, the action RPG is to be developed into a major franchise.

Dragonís Dogma released at the end of May on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Itís a single-player RPG in which players are joined by three AI companions, one of which can be hired by others to the benefit of both parties. It charted reasonably well in the May NPDs.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awesome I love Dragon's Dogma

I just hope they don't decide to annualise it... and I hope the quality stays high. Hopefully this can become one of Capcom's saving graces

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

Dedicated Member
    I've heard good things about this game. There was a reasonbly amount of hype about it. One guy where I work won't stop raving about it...

Hmmmm....

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    I've heard good things about this game. There was a reasonbly amount of hype about it. One guy where I work won't stop raving about it...

Hmmmm....
    Doo eett

:P

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    love the game, it has taken many hours of my days. and i'm still shocked it's from Crapcom. and it was near-perfect, i bet a sequel would rock. but yeah, don't make it annual. i'm kind of sick of freaking sequels

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Very good game if you like long lasting gameplay and RPGs, its a must if you're into that kind of games!

Forum Sage
    If they make a sequel with a little bit of a more involved story they've got a juggernaut of an IP on their hands. The combat in the first game is top-rate.

8. Likes Fenix wishes they had posted this first.
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    My biggest request for sequel.

1. Bigger world with more hidden Dungeons
    2. More Big ass monsters
    3. Dynamic weather effects that can change the landscape, ie. if its raining an area could flood and look totally diff, if snow a lake could freeze letting you access an area.

Other than that keep everything the same. Love this game so much I am going to make a third account for a third character.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

10. Likes Fenix wishes they had posted this first.
    ***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    It seems that they'll reach their 1.5 million projected goal for the year. Knowing Capcom though, they'll find ways to milk the crap out of the next few games.

Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    It seems that they'll reach their 1.5 million projected goal for the year. Knowing Capcom though, they'll find ways to milk the crap out of the next few games.
    This really does scare me ><

Hopefully they respect it enough for it to be another gem if not I'm sure the sales will tell them they made a msitake

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    This really does scare me ><

Hopefully they respect it enough for it to be another gem if not I'm sure the sales will tell them they made a msitake
    As long as it doesn't go the way of Monster Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    As long as it doesn't go the way of Monster Hunter.
    Excuse my ignorance, I only have the first Monster Hunter on PS2, whats so bad about that franchise now?

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    They just need a bigger world, and a better story. I'd buy a sequel regardless though, so fun.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc dlc

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    DLC in dragon's dogma has been rather tame thus far, which amazes me.. The mission DLC and hair style DLC should of been in the game, but luckily if you want those its only $1 - $2 each.

The weapon and rift crystal packs are rather useless.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    DLC in dragon's dogma has been rather tame thus far, which amazes me.. The mission DLC and hair style DLC should of been in the game, but luckily if you want those its only $1 - $2 each.

The weapon and rift crystal packs are rather useless.
    It's simple really, they didn't wanted to scare a potential fan base away so they played it safe. Once they have you guys by their clutches, they will continue their usual practice. I really hope that it's not the case for this franchise.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    This is quite a bit to ask for, well the dungeons and monsters deal not so much, but Dragon's Dogma has a pretty decent sized world for the graphical aspects of the game, the changing landscape because of weather, that would take too much time to design and it would just complicate the design process, in the long run of putting this feature into a game of this size and graphical nature the designing company would be out more money than they make. But I still do think it is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    My biggest request for sequel.

1. Bigger world with more hidden Dungeons
    2. More Big ass monsters
    3. Dynamic weather effects that can change the landscape, ie. if its raining an area could flood and look totally diff, if snow a lake could freeze letting you access an area.

Other than that keep everything the same. Love this game so much I am going to make a third account for a third character.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I only have the first Monster Hunter on PS2, whats so bad about that franchise now?
    As far as I'm aware, most of the new MH games are only in Japan. I think there's an MMO or something similar out there, but most new games came out for the Gameboy (DS by another name).

Thread Information