Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: This list was...

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... a nice look at the concensus top games.

2 18.18%
  • ... put together by a monkey.

9 81.82%
    PSN ID
    (none)

Another dumb list

Your top 10 Calculated

1. Final Fantasy VII - cannot be stopped. pretty much a stranglehold on the top spot for my last 3 lists
    2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - It was my understanding that "Guns of the Patriots" was the coup de grace. Guess not.
    4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - The top Zelda game, by concensus
    5. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    6. Half-Life 2
    7. Mario 64 - The top Mario vote getter
    8. Red Dead Redemption - The newest game of the bunch
    9. Perfect Dark
    10. (Tie) Fallout 3 & Goldeneye 64

See what I'm saying about Portal? Someone roasted me about downing a game I never played, which I understand. But you can see that no one talks about it in their top 10 games, much less their top 3. G4 ranked it the 2nd greatest game of this console generation (behind Bioshock). Nobody here has Bioshock or Portal in their top 10. Not even an honorable mention.
    Last edited by dcalhoun93; 06-27-2012 at 20:48.
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Other than SA, LoZ and Half Life 2, that list is $#@!.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

3. Likes Fenix , Wrath likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    is this why you made all those "Top" games threads?? to prove a point?

you're quite dedicated aren't you?

meh, portal is well crafted. nothing more. its a gamers game (in my opinion)
    im more for stories.
    as for bioshock, i have it on PC but only had enough time (ever) to play the opening. needless to say, i should prolly get around to finishing it. but from what people have said it'd prolly be in my top 10
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 06-27-2012 at 17:01.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    consensus says Avatar was a good movie. Consensus means jack all.

6. Likes RaY_210 , Equinoqs likes this post
    PSN ID
    (none)
    That Portal and Bioshock was just a P.S. to see if people really didn't like that game, or just forgot to mention it. I'm still planning on getting Portal 2. It's actually the type of game that I would probably like, as I don't get into multiplayer too much.

And as I've never been into the MGS series, I was suprised to see that most people are bigger fans of 3 than 4. Which is even more suprising because I've gotten a TON of good feedback on 4. Which means that 3 must be totally epic.

And Avatar was a good movie.
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalhoun93 View Post
    See what I'm saying about Portal? Someone roasted me about downing a game I never played, which I understand. But you can see that no one talks about it in their top 10 games, much less their top 3. G4 ranked it the 2nd greatest game of this console generation (behind Bioshock). Nobody here has Bioshock or Portal in their top 10. Not even an honorable mention.
    A lot of people hold up Portal high, but that doesn't mean that everybody does. These are still popularity contests. It's not like Orange Box did well on the ps3. I would hold it as one of the top titles.

MGS 3 was better than 4.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Wait what Final Fantasy XII best PS2 game? Surely you mean Final Fantasy X?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

10. Likes Fenix likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I really like the thought of a monkey compiling lists of videogames.

Shut up and play games

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Just... stop with these lists already.

13. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    portal is a great game to everyone who sat and played it, but it was a first person puzzle game. . . Not really top ten in terms of overall value.
    I think MGS4 is the best of the series.
    It seems as if every other Spartan in the Halo universe is cooler and more interesting than Master Chief, yet they all died at the beginning of Halo 1.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Lmao at the poll choices. Some of them were good on the list I'll give you that.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    (none)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Wait what Final Fantasy XII best PS2 game? Surely you mean Final Fantasy X?
    I meant FF VII. Fixed with edit.

Ultimate Veteran
    You're not going to have a definitive "top/best of..." list because everyone has a different opinion. And hardly anyone agreed with G4's top 100 list.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-27-2012 at 21:00.

18. Likes bigCman123 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    In my opinion Read Dead Redemption does not deserve to be near that list. There are tons of other games over the years that deserve a spot more in my opinion.

MGS3 and Half Life 2 definitely deserve a spot two of my favorite games.

[EDIT]

Don't hate on Portal and Bioshock. Both are great games.

[EDIT]

Also some Mass Effect games deserve to be there if it were my list. It almost seems like blasphemy but Mass Effect may be at least tied with Metal Gear Solid as my favorite video game franchises/universes of all time. Uncharted, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and perhaps Dead Space gets special nods from me as well.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 06-27-2012 at 23:54.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Ok FFVII at the top, but still, the rest don't deserve to be there.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

PSN ID
    (none)
    Everytime I ask for votes on a game, I keep mental tabs (and sometimes written notes). Mass Effect doesn't get much love around here. So, while that may be in most people's top 10, it isn't here. You guys love GTA: San Andreas and FFVII, those are always mentioned in top game discussion.

Dark/ Demon Souls gets a lot of love, but not consistently. Sometimes it'll be hailed as the best current gen game(s), and then sometimes, no one will mention it. Now that I mention it, I'm sure you're thinking, "Oh yeah, that is definitely top 10." Prolly because it's a relatively new IP, so people forget about it.

Red Dead Redemption is the reigning game of the year (I think), so it's always at the forefront of people's minds. Halo never gets mentioned because it's an XBox exclusive. Same for Gears of War. Folks that own an Xbox definitely have those rated higher than Sony fanboys. If this was a gaming forum, and not a Playstation forum, I have a feeling those would both be top 10. Along with Forza, of course.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    It's a toss up between 1 and 3 for the best MGS.

Think MGS4 was the worst (though I still loved it).

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Red Dead Redemption is the reigning game of the year (I think), so it's always at the forefront of people's minds. Halo never gets mentioned because it's an XBox exclusive. Same for Gears of War. Folks that own an Xbox definitely have those rated higher than Sony fanboys. If this was a gaming forum, and not a Playstation forum, I have a feeling those would both be top 10. Along with Forza, of course.
    But this is a gaming forum, playstation is part of gaming. I get what you are saying though. However, I noticed some people did agree that Legend of Zelda is a top 10 game in one of these threads, so that kind of dents the fan boy theory.

I don't think it's fanboyism at all.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Veteran
    RDR is remembered because it was a great game and not because it was the most recent GOTY. It is one of the best games I've ever played.

Fanboyism is why Gears of War isn't in the top 10? Or maybe because it's not even close to the top 10.

Halo is definitely closer.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    To be honest, there are SO many good, perfect score games out there. Final Fantasy VII. Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater and 4. Final Fantasy X. Uncharted 2. God of War II and God of War Ghost of Sparta. Dead Space. Mass Effect 2. Half Life 2. Halo. The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past and Orcarani of Time. Even LOZ Wind Waker. Donkey Kong Returns. Super Mario Galaxy 2. Resident Evil 4.

That's just off the top of my head, and there's more games out there that got a lot of perfect scores. My point is, let's say there are 25 games that ALL have perfect scores. So really, all 25 games are worthy of being #1 game in history of gaming. That's how I feel about countdowns. There's a bunch of good games out there and a lot of them deserve the number 1 spot, but really there's no way to have a clear cut number 1 because everyone has a different opinion and perspective.

Even if a site came up with the best top 10 games ever list, someone somewhere will disagree.

That's my 2 cents.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

26. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Not really. Halo 1 is a huge MAYBE since it kinda brought its own spin to the genre, but Gears and Forza aren't doing anything original and/or special. Personally though I'd throw in either Doom/Quake/Unreal Tournament/Half Life 1 for revolutionary FPS.

Racing games aren't really my thing though I do enjoy GT and MotorStorm and used to play some older racing titles on PS1, I wouldn't put any in that genre in a top ten of my own.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Not really. Halo 1 is a huge MAYBE since it kinda brought its own spin to the genre, but Gears and Forza aren't doing anything original and/or special. Personally though I'd throw in either Doom/Quake/Unreal Tournament/Half Life 1 for revolutionary FPS.

Racing games aren't really my thing though I do enjoy GT and MotorStorm and used to play some older racing titles on PS1, I wouldn't put any in that genre in a top ten of my own.
    A game doesn't have to be revolutionary to make a top list, and a game also doesn't make a top list just because it's revolutionary.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    A game doesn't have to be revolutionary to make a top list, and a game also doesn't make a top list just because it's revolutionary.
    I know, which is why I listed UT99 and HL1, they'd easily make my top shooter.

PSN ID
    (none)
    I'm putting Tetris #1 next time. This game has been made for just about every console, and pretty much anything with a screen (iPhone). Everyone has played it. Old people love it. People that don't play video games can play it. 100 million paid downloads for Android and iOS.

No, I can't do that. There should be 2 lists. One for FF and GTA, and then another for games like Pac-Man, Tetris, and Donkey Kong. Arcade vs. Console
    Last edited by dcalhoun93; 06-28-2012 at 16:05.

Thread Information