Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Google Nexus 7

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Seeing the prices of the iPads essentially turned me off from the tablet market. Ever since I've kind of ignored any threads I've seen about tablets, but now I'm starting to reconsider. This tablet looks pretty damn nice, and it's pretty cheap in comparison to the iPad. I still am not convinced to purchase one, as I can't see when I'd use one, but my interest level is definitely rising.
    The iPad is much better than the Nexus 7 though.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    In what ways? I haven't researched tablets in some time.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Forum Sage
    The ipad costs 2.5 times as much.

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Are the iPad and Nexus 7 really comparable though? I'd say the N7 is for a different type of tablet user, someone that would just keep it on their person but the iPad seems better suited at home.

Of course that's just my opinion because I see many people use their iPads walking around

BBK. Tapatalking.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    So many different opinions as to which would be better. Period. If you had a list of apps that were exclusive on Apps store for iPad, then it wouldn't matter too much about anything else. I mean, someone can make a list of needs, and then decide which would be better for them.

Let's try and keep this topic aimed at the Nexus 7, and start another thread for "vs" or comparisons, needs, etc. when bringing other tablets, etc. in.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Are the iPad and Nexus 7 really comparable though? I'd say the N7 is for a different type of tablet user, someone that would just keep it on their person but the iPad seems better suited at home.

Of course that's just my opinion because I see many people use their iPads walking around

BBK. Tapatalking.
    Considering it can do 99% of what the ipad can wile costing significantly less, yes they are.

The nexus has similar performance, similar screen quality and fairly good batterylife.

Really the only people it doesn't appeal to are those that are heavily into the ios ecosystem and can't afford to switch. But for everyone else considering a tablet there is little reason to pick the ipad over the nexus.

Remember just a year ago the best you could get at $199 was the kindle fire which is a POS compared to the nexus which is a proper android tablet.

The way I see it is W8 (full OS, not RT) tablets will own the high end. The ipad/windows RT tablets will own the mid end. And android will take up a lot of the market at the low end.

7. Likes Admartian , BBK.. likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Here's just a couple screenies:

Shadow Gun THD
    Last edited by F34R; 08-08-2012 at 20:22.

Master Poster
    It's not weather ppl can afford the ipad or not, i got ipad 2 and i could get the nexus 7 but the 2 devices are different , i mean the devices themselves not the apps, the ipad 2 is better, nexux 7 is different but it is still good

on the apps side, the app store is much better (for me anyway)

Forum Sage
    It's not weather ppl can afford the ipad or not, i got ipad 2 and i could get the nexus 7 but the 2 devices are different , i mean the devices themselves not the apps, the ipad 2 is better, nexux 7 is different but it is still good

on the apps side, the app store is much better (for me anyway)
    We are talking about the current gen ipad and the nexus. Not the somewhat cheaper ipad 2.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    We are talking about the current gen ipad and the nexus. Not the somewhat cheaper ipad 2.
    well ipad 3 is better than the nexus 7 if that's the case

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    For those that are whining about no flash - you can still sideload it. Just download an apk and you'll be fine.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    For those that are whining about no flash - you can still sideload it. Just download an apk and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post

The way I see it is W8 (full OS, not RT) tablets will own the high end. The ipad/windows RT tablets will own the mid end. And android will take up a lot of the market at the low end.
    I don't know about that. Android can take care a lot of the different things, anything from higher end Transformer Primes and the new Galaxy Note 10.1; to all the way down to something like the Nexus 7.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

I don't know about that. Android can take care a lot of the different things, anything from higher end Transformer Primes and the new Galaxy Note 10.1; to all the way down to something like the Nexus 7.
    The nexus will cannibalize sales of higher android tablets. And besides there wasn't much point to high end android tablets that compete at the same pricepoint as the ipad. Honestly the only notable android tablets in that price range are the Asus transformer series and samsung galaxy tab 7.7.

Thread Information